When is Blackberry getting off the pot and making a device that is comparable if not better than Droid and iPhone?

When is verizon gonna reduce there restrictive, over controlling parent syndrome over their customers?

No I don't want a slow Curve or Pearl. I hate an iPhone and I dont want a droid.
    Last edited by bfd119; 11-15-10 at 09:22 AM.
    11-15-10 09:08 AM
    Sounds like you really do want a Droid or iPhone.

Restrictive controlling????
    11-15-10 09:12 AM
    I like the Torch from AT&T their network just sucks in po dunk virginia... i think the torch is very comparable to the iPhone and Droid... but when is Verizon gonna get something like that?
    11-15-10 09:23 AM
    Not for a while......
    11-15-10 09:25 AM
    I found that the blackberry if on vzw suk and the androids if on at&t suk .I guess the androids are vzw answer to the iphone,and apple controls at&t to much for the androids to get a foot in the door .Seems like the best blackberries are on gsm,not cdma, maybe lte changes that time will tell that story
    Last edited by DavidNC; 11-15-10 at 09:42 AM.
    11-15-10 09:37 AM
    I found that the blackberry if on vzw suk and the androids if on at&t suk .I guess the androids are vzw answer to the iphone,and apple controls at&t to much for the androids to get a foot in the door .Seems like the best blackberries are on gsm,not cdma, maybe lte changes that time will tell that story
    David ... what specifically do you mean about BB on VZW and Droid on ATT ... what specifically are you referring to when you say each has issues on a certain network?

I don't HAVE to have a BB but I will NOT buy a Droid either until they come out with one that's not so big, ugly and heavy. We have to keep VZW cuz AT&T's coverage sucks and hubby travels - coverage is better on VZW.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say what you're saying so I'm REALLY curious as to the specifics behind your comment so I can do some decision making. Thanks!
    11-16-10 07:03 AM
    I found that the blackberry if on vzw suk
    If you're talking Storm2, I agree. Bold 9650 however, is a great device. AT&T just plain sucks.
    11-16-10 08:01 AM
    David ... what specifically do you mean about BB on VZW and Droid on ATT ... what specifically are you referring to when you say each has issues on a certain network?

I don't HAVE to have a BB but I will NOT buy a Droid either until they come out with one that's not so big, ugly and heavy. We have to keep VZW cuz AT&T's coverage sucks and hubby travels - coverage is better on VZW.

This is the first time I've heard anyone say what you're saying so I'm REALLY curious as to the specifics behind your comment so I can do some decision making. Thanks!
    What I mean is blackberry seems to be more of GSM type phone due to the fact all blackberries that operate on gsm(att and etc) are/seem superior then those running on the cdma system.

I think blackberry was originally on just the gsm platform.theses seem to be the top of line berries . The 9650 was for a short time(cdma) quickly tho the 9700(gsm) was updated to be superior and then the torch(gsm) was also released

I am not trying to convert anyone use whatever works best for you be it blackberry, android ,windows, or IOS

At&t limits the androids since they are in direct comp. with the iphone (apples got control over at&t)

Yeah at&t coverage is bad here to .Also I prefer android looks over anything else that works for me , what works for you is entirely on you

If you're talking Storm2, I agree. Bold 9650 however, is a great device. AT&T just plain sucks.
    maybe,,, but still gets a less prefered stats from the people at blackberry they favor gsm over cdma. agree the tower signal coverage is poor here to .
    Last edited by DavidNC; 11-16-10 at 10:11 AM.
    11-16-10 10:07 AM
    If you're talking Storm2, I agree.
    I couldn't disagree more with this.
    11-17-10 09:04 AM
    What I mean is blackberry seems to be more of GSM type phone due to the fact all blackberries that operate on gsm(att and etc) are/seem superior then those running on the cdma system.
    What exactly "seems" superior about the GSM BB models?

I think blackberry was originally on just the gsm platform.theses seem to be the top of line berries . The 9650 was for a short time(cdma) quickly tho the 9700(gsm) was updated to be superior and then the torch(gsm) was also released
    I don't understand that. The 9700 has less ram/memory than the 9650 as I recall, hence the recent/near future refresh of the 9700 that's out/coming out...

I am not trying to convert anyone use whatever works best for you be it blackberry, android ,windows, or IOS

At&t limits the androids since they are in direct comp. with the iphone (apples got control over at&t)

Yeah at&t coverage is bad here to .Also I prefer android looks over anything else that works for me , what works for you is entirely on you
    I suppose that makes sense but then again, I've not researched the devices on ATT other than the Torch, which I still would not put in the same class as Android or iPhone.

maybe,,, but still gets a less prefered stats from the people at blackberry they favor gsm over cdma. agree the tower signal coverage is poor here to .
    That doesn't make any sense. The CDMA devices are just fine. The specs on the 9700 you adore are the same as the Tour for memory, and the Tour has been superseded by the 9650 Bold, which trumps the 9700 in most areas per the specs.
    11-17-10 10:24 AM
    What exactly "seems" superior about the GSM BB models?

With GSM technology, SIM cards can be removed, switched to another GSM phone and another one can even be used it its place. For example, if you’re traveling to another country where GSM technology is available, instead of incurring roaming charges, many BlackBerry users will, instead, buy a prepaid SIM card for use in the country that they’re visiting and make all of their local calls on that card. By the same token, GSM technology is also used in several other countries which also makes GSM more desirable to some as it gives them a wider service area (even if they are roaming in these other areas).

Also, because of the removable SIM card, GSM phones are easier to upgrade. All it takes is buying the GSM enabled phone of your choice and inserting the new SIM card. This process doesn’t involve contacting the carrier to make a switch
    11-17-10 10:51 AM
    In my opinion nothing is perfect so one has to sacrifice some for others. I prefer CDMA carriers because of better network. The downside is giving most carriers on this sweet planet are GSM, their phones are the most current.
    When it comes to bberrys, i don't think one can tell the difference between a 528MHz processor of the 9650 for instance and the 624MHz from the 9780, i think it's all mental.
    11-17-10 11:11 AM
    I've been waiting for a year now on VZW and finally gave up. I picked up the Droid Pro last week and in about 5 days, I'm convinced I'm keeping it. Amazing phone!
    11-17-10 01:05 PM
    I don't understand what people's problem with the Storm 2 is. Yes, the first one was a complete disaster. But from looking at my boyfriend's Storm2, it's a great device for those who want a bigger screen but can't let go of the BB OS.
    11-19-10 07:52 AM
    With GSM technology, SIM cards can be removed, switched to another GSM phone and another one can even be used it its place. For example, if you’re traveling to another country where GSM technology is available, instead of incurring roaming charges, many BlackBerry users will, instead, buy a prepaid SIM card for use in the country that they’re visiting and make all of their local calls on that card. By the same token, GSM technology is also used in several other countries which also makes GSM more desirable to some as it gives them a wider service area (even if they are roaming in these other areas).

Also, because of the removable SIM card, GSM phones are easier to upgrade. All it takes is buying the GSM enabled phone of your choice and inserting the new SIM card. This process doesn’t involve contacting the carrier to make a switch
    Fail dude, GSM BBs aren't superior to CDMA BBs just because you can flip SIM cards around. I can log into my VZW account and switch phones just as easily as flipping a SIM card. Thanks for the laughs, though.

In my opinion nothing is perfect so one has to sacrifice some for others. I prefer CDMA carriers because of better network. The downside is giving most carriers on this sweet planet are GSM, their phones are the most current.
    When it comes to bberrys, i don't think one can tell the difference between a 528MHz processor of the 9650 for instance and the 624MHz from the 9780, i think it's all mental.
    +1

I don't understand what people's problem with the Storm 2 is. Yes, the first one was a complete disaster. But from looking at my boyfriend's Storm2, it's a great device for those who want a bigger screen but can't let go of the BB OS.
    Spastic screen clicking and crappy OS releases from VZW with great features like robotic-voice, low BT volume, and crazy battery drain to name a few.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 11-19-10 at 08:08 AM.
    11-19-10 07:57 AM
    Most S2 users do not have these problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-10 10:04 AM
    Most S2 users do not have these problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    When I had my Storm2 I really liked it. If it was getting OS6, I would consider picking a used one up for fun...but since it's stuck with OS5...rather not. If I could find one cheap enough, I would love to have one as a back up phone for my 9330.
    11-19-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD