Hi all,

I'm currently a Sprint user and my contract is about to run out just in time for the release of the Storm. I'm definitely moving over to VZW and the Storm, but I plan on being on my aunt's family plan which I believe will cost about 10 bucks a month. What I'm wondering is will I have to purchase the Storm at full price then join the family plan, as opposed to getting a discount for signing up for a 2-year contract being on a family plan?

As I said before, I'm new to Verizon and family plans in general, so any help with this would be a great.

Thanks!
    10-24-08 12:57 PM
    No, if you are starting a new line on the family play, you will get the new 2 year pricing. The only time you would need to pay full price would be if you had a VZW line already and wasn't eligible for an upgrade yet.
    10-24-08 01:01 PM
    Hi all,

I'm currently a Sprint user and my contract is about to run out just in time for the release of the Storm. I'm definitely moving over to VZW and the Storm, but I plan on being on my aunt's family plan which I believe will cost about 10 bucks a month. What I'm wondering is will I have to purchase the Storm at full price then join the family plan, as opposed to getting a discount for signing up for a 2-year contract being on a family plan?

As I said before, I'm new to Verizon and family plans in general, so any help with this would be a great.

Thanks!

i put my girl on my family plan and she has a bb pearl so as long as you sign that contract you get the discounted price. just know that its 10 a month plus a data plan which is roughly 30. cant buy a bb without the plan
    10-24-08 01:05 PM
    In addition to the $10 a month, you would also have to add the bb BIS plan, which is $30 a month.

Ah, I see that some one beat me to it.
    10-24-08 01:05 PM
    $10/month for the additional line.
    $30/month for the BlackBerry (BIS) services/data plan.
    $x/month depending on the text package you pick.
    The primary line MAY need to be upgraded to add the BB. I think they did this when my BB was added to a family plan.
    10-24-08 01:11 PM
    I've got a question for whoever might be willing to share their wisdom with me. I've got a premium family plan (pretty much unlimted everything) with my wife, this was required since she got the voyager awhile back. Now is this kind of the same as the bb plan, or would i be looking at paying more once I get the storm? Any info on this would be great, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 01:47 PM
    I've got a question for whoever might be willing to share their wisdom with me. I've got a premium family plan (pretty much unlimted everything) with my wife, this was required since she got the voyager awhile back. Now is this kind of the same as the bb plan, or would i be looking at paying more once I get the storm? Any info on this would be great, thanks.

The unlimited data plan for the Voyager is $15.00/month. Currently, the cheapest BB data plan is $30.00/month, but there has been talk of new plans once the Storm is released. Don't know if it's true or not so take it fwiw.
    10-24-08 01:50 PM
    Got it thanks. I'll just have to ask a rep. Or somthing. Thanks Spotmark.

10-24-08 01:54 PM
    I currently have a family plan and my phone number is the primary so I get a new phone with the promotional price every year because the rep told me that my account is over $40 per month.

If you have an additional line for $10 and then have extras on it that it adds up to over the $40 limit, are you considered VIP as well and available for a discounted phone every year?
    10-24-08 01:59 PM
    I currently have a family plan and my phone number is the primary so I get a new phone with the promotional price every year because the rep told me that my account is over $40 per month.

If you have an additional line for $10 and then have extras on it that it adds up to over the $40 limit, are you considered VIP as well and available for a discounted phone every year?
    No--plan only; no add-ons. Thus a secondary line is 9.99.
    10-24-08 02:15 PM

Unfortunately. No annual upgrade for secondary lines. I tried everything...even though we have over $200 monthly bill, only annual upgrade for primary line. It's really annoying.
    10-24-08 02:15 PM
    That's stupid, you would almost be better off having a separate line and then you can get a new phone at the promotional rate every year...Plus I don't think you get the full discounts of the % off for state employees on the add-on's on the family plan where if you sign up separate plans, you will get the discount off the entire cost!
    10-24-08 02:20 PM
    Unfortunately. No annual upgrade for secondary lines. I tried everything...even though we have over $200 monthly bill, only annual upgrade for primary line. It's really annoying.
    If your monthly bill has been that high for the last 3 or 6 months (can't remember which), then I believe the primary line should have VIP status eligible for a $50 discount (at least). The status doesn't show on My Verizon, so you have to call customer service to verify the status.

It's true that only the primary line is eligible for NE2/VIP/annual upgrade/etc., but you can only always initiate the upgrade/discount on the primary line and then transfer the phone to a secondary line. I believe it's called an "alternate upgrade". No need for multiple activations/deactivations...the primary line remains the same as before, and the secondary line enjoys the upgrade/discount vicariously through the primary line.
    10-24-08 04:51 PM
    Yeah th unlimited plan u have on the voyager has unlimied data txt and vz nav most of the time along with v cast. The bis blackberry plan will be 29.99 a month ON TOP of your 9.99 family plan. All txt v cast and vz nav will not be included. Wht u can do is take a step down to wht I believe is called the select plan and has unlimited txts which is awesome if u want to txt. The only thing is u would need to purchase vcast/vz nave if u want said services.

10-24-08 05:17 PM

if both lines are premium lines, premium whatever primary and 29.99 secondary, then your secondary line would go down to 10 and you would add 30 dollars, so a difference of 10 dollars. if you want nav, another 10 dollars. the storm will not only have a full html browser but be vcast capable as well. i wonder if vzdub will make you pay 15 for the vcast if youre already paying 30 for the data... HmmMmmMm?
    10-24-08 05:25 PM
    It's true that only the primary line is eligible for NE2/VIP/annual upgrade/etc.,
    On "My Account" page it shows that my secondary line is available for NE2 promotional pricing in a month (18 months from the 2 yr contract beginning). Doesn't that mean that the secondary line gets the discounted price?

That's why I'm considering splitting up the 2 plans...I've always bought the cheap phones in the past, but now I want the storm and the wife wants either the dare or the voyager and instead of paying 5 bucks a month for insurance (warranty is probably a year anyway), it would under 10 dollars a month more and then we are guaranteed 2 new discounted priced phones every year, so when the storm 2 comes out....I'm Ready!
    10-24-08 06:15 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    10-25-08 01:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD