So i just have become the new owner for a new Verizon Authorized Retailer store in Glendale, CA. The store has been around for about a month, and I just purchased it last week. So far, in my first week, things are very slow. I haven't had a single activation, and only a few people have come in the store. Im basically asking other authorized owners, if there are any on here, for some marketing/advertising advice to attract customers in the store. I'm getting kinda restless with how slow things are right now. Is that normal for a new store? The previous owner never really opened the store before I purchased it, so that may be a reason people arent stopping by. I have a couple signs on the the sidewalk outside, and the door is wide open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know people on this site are very knowledgeable and helpful, so I decided to post this. Thanks guys!
    07-13-09 03:21 PM
    hum I would think about maybe doing something with the local radio station maybe putting a sale add in the paper or even putting up a sign saying under new management that usually works just make sure you and your staff is fully trained to answer any questions that could come threw the door, working for a store I know that their can be slow days and even busy days.
    07-13-09 03:38 PM
    So i just have become the new owner for a new Verizon Authorized Retailer store in Glendale, CA. The store has been around for about a month, and I just purchased it last week. So far, in my first week, things are very slow. I haven't had a single activation, and only a few people have come in the store. Im basically asking other authorized owners, if there are any on here, for some marketing/advertising advice to attract customers in the store. I'm getting kinda restless with how slow things are right now. Is that normal for a new store? The previous owner never really opened the store before I purchased it, so that may be a reason people arent stopping by. I have a couple signs on the the sidewalk outside, and the door is wide open. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know people on this site are very knowledgeable and helpful, so I decided to post this. Thanks guys!
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Is this a stand alone store on a busy street? Do you have cool accessories that no body else carries? How knowledgable are your employees? Are you marketing the Tour? Stores in Tallahassee, FL were packed full on Sunday. Identify the deographics for your area and determine the best way to reach these clients.

07-13-09 09:38 PM
    I went into a authorized retailer the other day so that my son can pick out a new phone but to my suprise all of the display phones were dummy phones when I am shopping for a phone I want to play with a live one. Also the prices were all twenty dollars higher than a corporate store so were would you shop? I don't know how your store is set up but if it is the way the store was in new jersey I think it will hurt sales

Good points. I was in two VZW stores yesterday. Both are fairly new buildings. First and newer of the 2 stores had working Tour on display in front on you, right when you walked in. Other store had dummy phone right next to working Tour but in the rear of the store. I was checking out working unit when Rep came by and wanted to show client the Tour...no problem...I handed him the phone. After his vendor rap, I asked how the trackball gets replaced in that phone. He let me know that if the trackball breaks you get a replacement phone. Well...he did have a goof vendor rap. By the way, both stores were jam packed but mostly with bottom feeders.

07-13-09 10:46 PM
    Good points. I was in two VZW stores yesterday. Both are fairly new buildings. First and newer of the 2 stores had working Tour on display in front on you, right when you walked in. Other store had dummy phone right next to working Tour but in the rear of the store. I was checking out working unit when Rep came by and wanted to show client the Tour...no problem...I handed him the phone. After his vendor rap, I asked how the trackball gets replaced in that phone. He let me know that if the trackball breaks you get a replacement phone. Well...he did have a goof vendor rap. By the way, both stores were jam packed but mostly with bottom feeders.

Thats the right attitude to have as a new representative of Verizon Wireless.
    07-14-09 04:51 PM
    Thats the right attitude to have as a new representative of Verizon Wireless.
    He was not the OP.....
    07-14-09 04:57 PM
    oh........lol...inserts foot in mouth. ha ha. I thought it was the original OP.

Well anyways... Good luck with the new business!
    07-14-09 05:12 PM
    If you can afford it drop the phones by 25 to fifty bux. As an indirect I was constantly in a battle with the vzw retail stores but managed to make a pretty good living. Advertise the price drop. Also do stuff to where customers can win accessories. Make a list of all the things that you do for free for the customer, such as phone book swaps, ect. Let the customer see what they are getting for their money.
    07-15-09 10:26 PM
    Maybe you could try and give a slight discount of the phones mabe it may geet you some sales maybe it wont, it never hurts to try.
    07-19-09 11:18 PM
    I used to work as a rep for a phone manufacturer. We would often try to create relationships with the dealer/agent stores. You might strike out, but you might also find one willing to co-sponsor a grand opening promotion or kick in some funds for a local media buy. If you haven't yet met a manufacturer rep, ask your VZW account person to put you in touch with any he/she knows.
    07-20-09 02:31 AM
    Simple. If you want to make money, you have to spend money. Advertise, advertise, advertise. Anywhere and everywhere. You have to become a household name.
    07-20-09 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD