07-22-09 02:57 PM
62 123
tools
    Have to pay the legal team for all those GPS law suits
    07-16-09 09:23 PM
    Couldn't you find an zip code where Verizon doesnt service and say you moved there. I'm not saying I would do it, but isn't that an easy way out? There is no way Verizon would send a rep to the location to verify you live there, or are moving there.
    07-16-09 09:28 PM
    No that wouldn't work.. First of all we would do a remedy ticket to determine why.. Second of all - we know where and how far from the tower you are actually making calls.

Not to mention we would see your minutes being used and be like "hmm.. looks like your phone is OBVIOUSLY working.." So that there would rule out a remedy ticket.
    Well, for example: I'm in a program with my company that requires me to move every 6 months. I'm getting ready to make my first move (reason why this came to mind) and one of the questions I asked myself was, will my phone work? I'm moving out of the Midwest to Utah. I'll be going out there to look at places. What if Verizon were to have poor service? Would they really make me pay $170? I would enjoy speaking to the rep who would try and make me pay the fee.

Like I said, I doubt that will happen, becuase Verizon's coverage is so great. However, they would have to honor a condition like the example I layed out.
    07-16-09 09:42 PM
    Couldn't you find an zip code where Verizon doesnt service and say you moved there. I'm not saying I would do it, but isn't that an easy way out? There is no way Verizon would send a rep to the location to verify you live there, or are moving there.
    Not to mention that if you use this as an excuse, I am sure that proof is required, like a bill etc.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-16-09 at 10:03 PM.
    07-16-09 09:43 PM
    Well I'm sure if it was a legit move then yeah I see the point. But just picking a zip at random wouldn't be right nor would it work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 09:56 PM
    Not to mentiuon that if you use this as an excuse, I am sure that proof is required, like a bill etc.
    Yes. Proof of residence is required. You have to send a copy of a fixed location utility bill with your name on it.
    07-16-09 09:59 PM
    Well, for example: I'm in a program with my company that requires me to move every 6 months. I'm getting ready to make my first move (reason why this came to mind) and one of the questions I asked myself was, will my phone work? I'm moving out of the Midwest to Utah. I'll be going out there to look at places. What if Verizon were to have poor service? Would they really make me pay $170? I would enjoy speaking to the rep who would try and make me pay the fee.

Like I said, I doubt that will happen, becuase Verizon's coverage is so great. However, they would have to honor a condition like the example I layed out.
    If you don't have VZW in Utah, you might as well forget about having cell service, at all. AT&T & T-Mobile have huge coverage gaps from northern Arizona through Montana & into Canada.

So I'd not worry, if I were you.

07-16-09 10:07 PM
    Of course they can. If you signed up before July 1st 2009 you signed a contract for an administrative charge that was lower. They send you written notice that they are breaching so you know about it. If you want to leave, you can and they have to let you out ETF free because they are breaching contract by increasing an administrative charge (notice, it's not a mandatory tax or charge from federal, state or local governments...this is a VZW charge). If you fail to take action during the alloted grace period you "accept" the new terms and remain under contract.

I got out of a verizon contract because of this and a sprint contract because of this in the past.
    If you did I can use you as an examle of someone who did. Verizon has asked me for one number of someone who did get the ETF waived.
    07-22-09 11:58 AM
    if he did the rep didn't follow policy.

07-22-09 12:12 PM
    He didn't follow policy plus you are too late even if it was covered as a supposed breach of contract which it isn't so you can't and you're barking up the wrong tree.

07-22-09 12:24 PM
    help me get out as well by giving me the cell number for the account you got out of. thanks!
    07-22-09 01:10 PM
    Why would people be giving out their number to someone thats got 2 posts? And started this month?
    07-22-09 02:57 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD