12-07-09 02:54 PM
31 12
tools
    Being the responsible VZW customer I am, I noticed my bill went up this month as well. I have a 22% corporate discount that is applied to both my voice and my BES data package. My wife also has BES and they applied the 22% to just the data on her line (family share BB's, so only the 22% to voice is applied to the primary line which is me). I called and they said terms have changed and that the corporate discount is only applied the primary line, including data now.

Has this happened to anyone else recently?

EDIT: My same situation appears to have happened to others (http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/iss...-lines-370106/).
    Last edited by lahnipm; 11-30-09 at 02:02 PM. Reason: Disregard, happened to come across another thread with the same issue.
    11-30-09 01:45 PM
    Being the responsible VZW customer I am, I noticed my bill went up this month as well. I have a 22% corporate discount that is applied to both my voice and my BES data package. My wife also has BES and they applied the 22% to just the data on her line (family share BB's, so only the 22% to voice is applied to the primary line which is me). I called and they said terms have changed and that the corporate discount is only applied the primary line, including data now.

EDIT: My same situation appears to have happened to others (http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/iss...-lines-370106/).
    I thought that was the way it worked for awhile now & is one of the complaints I've had on the discounts.

Hey look! My carrier gives me 20% off because of where I work!

Sounds good, doesn't it? On the surface, maybe. 20% off of $100 might be decent, but you have five lines with extras. $20 off a $350 bill is a bit of an insult.

There are carriers who apply the promised discount to everything - VZW & AT&T are not those carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 04:43 PM
    Ha! I had an issue with premium SMS. One month my bill went up $40. After going over my bill I had to call customer service to find out what the charges were for. As it turned out, my teenage daughter was the culprit. Apparently she didn't read the fine print that tells you its a recurring charge. There were 4 different ones at $9.99 a piece. It took 3 months to get them to stop. Trust me- after SHE had to cough up her babysitting money for three months we never had that problem again!

12-07-09 12:20 AM
    Ha! I had an issue with premium SMS. One month my bill went up $40. After going over my bill I had to call customer service to find out what the charges were for. As it turned out, my teenage daughter was the culprit. Apparently she didn't read the fine print that tells you its a recurring charge. There were 4 different ones at $9.99 a piece. It took 3 months to get them to stop. Trust me- after SHE had to cough up her babysitting money for three months we never had that problem again!

Yay! Someone who took responsibility for Premium SMS charges!! People always think that Premium SMS starts by pure ninja magic, never consider that it could be the 12 year old with the Storm.......as they would NEVER do that. Good Job, tlo07, you give me hope.
    12-07-09 12:32 AM

Thumbs up for teaching her responsibility.

12-07-09 06:36 AM

The pricing of Employee Liable (Personal Acct of an employee) discounts can change from time to time depending on the negotiated contract of your company. You are given a discount as an employee of a company that has a certain number of Corporate Liable (phones owned by business, billed to business) Lines. So a company with 50,000 lines will get a higher discount and more perks than one with 12,000.

Maybe something changed in your company's negotiated contract with us...
    12-07-09 02:54 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD