12-07-09 02:54 PM
31 12
tools
    I have been with verizon for a long time and in this time (dont ask me why it took me so long to question it) i have realized that my bill is NEVER the same. I could make sure that there isnt anything that can be charged yes some how my bill is always sky high. Then i find all these premium text message BS that i dont even sign up for but we just randomly get them on our phone and trust me I DONT give my number out i dont do ringtones or go to sites where they give you ringtones yet they start charging you 10 or 20 a month unless you reply stop. Or you check your bill every month and call them to stop them and they wont refund you. Then i was having a difficult time where my husband got laid off and i got behind on the bill but i have always tried to pay something or call and mak payment arrangments and 2 times the cut off my phone and i have 4 lines and they charged me $15 2 times on each line. WTF I have always loved there service but im not the only one who feels they are being ripped off by this company. Now i know this has nothing to do with the blackberry but i didnt know where else to vent and wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
    11-26-09 07:35 PM
    The first thing I would do, if you have not done so already would be to call in and find out whats going on and what options you have to prevent it from happening again.
    11-26-09 08:00 PM
    i dont think my bills have ever been the same either. maybe once or twice but it looks like its always fluctuating
    11-26-09 08:13 PM
    That would be the most logical thing. Call in and calmly ( cant stress that part enough lol ) explain your situation and ask a rep to go over the bill with you. Any irregularities can generally be found quite easy and then something can usually be taken care of.
    11-26-09 08:13 PM
    Those companies turned up on my daughters line, but AT&T reversed the charges and blocked them fronm future charges. They also set the line where a pin is required to make a purchase.
    11-26-09 08:31 PM
    I have been with Tmobile for over 2 years, and my bill has always been the same. I have never had 1 billing issue. T Mobile takes flack sometimes, but I would recommend it to anyone. Just make sure you choose the right plan for you. While Verizon does have killer coverage, I don't travel to Nowheresville USA often enough to be concerned. It wasn't worth the bills. Good luck to you, hope you get it straightened out!
    11-26-09 08:37 PM
    in the uk networks can block third party sms as long as you have none you are currently subscribed to(they can block them regardless but if the block is ever taken off and a bunch of messages come through you are liable for the charges)

also they wont give charges back as the mobile network is not responsible for them.

call up, ask for a block to be put in place, but dont blame the network as they arent the ones generating the message in the first place, i know in the uk there are contact numbers for all third party providers and you can call them and request your money back.

it is a huge scam and i feel for your situation as i have been in a similar place myself in the past but being annoyed with your network provider will not get you anywhere, also check your bills in detail more regularly, most networks have an online section where you can view your bills.
    11-26-09 08:51 PM
    Thats weird how a double opt in service ( like Premium SMS) just appears on bills.....

If you look at the bill, it shows the short code for the service, send the words stop, cancel, unsubscribe, quit or end to that number and wait for a confirmation. That will end the charges.
    11-26-09 09:30 PM
    Ever vote on Am idol or anything like that , that would be prem. SMS, it cant just show up, i have had those txts come and if you dont send the word stop, it attch to your bill on the next month, but VZW as always removed them , but you have to catch it on the first bill it shows up on,
    11-27-09 08:37 AM
    Call Verizon or log into your account online and enable Premium SMS Block. That will end those costly texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 07:21 PM
    hi i'm new to crackberry but new to blackberry as well as V.W. "we" got 2 new storms like the last of april first of may. but for like 6 months the bill was always $350.00 and above. after looking throught the bill and calling 611 we got some answers but no help. so last week i got to the store, come to find out VW had been charging us for crap that we didn't need nor ever used. after adding up all the money paid for this it came up to $450.00. after cussing and ranting at a guy that tried to tell me that he couldn't give me my money back. {my husband has had 3 storms} he told me that he would send him a new storm 2. so i then told him that if that would be the way it was i'd go back to at&t for bb. yeah well he shut up fast. i got all my money back {added to bill, not cash} and i have 2 new storm 2's. my point is if you have to go to the store and ask someone to help you. when no one can give an answer tell them that at&t would like to have your money as well, then see how fast they find the problem. i know that showing your **** is not the answer, but those people don't pay your bills and feed your kids. money is sometimes tight, and they sometimes think that you will pay for anything on a bill.
    11-27-09 08:24 PM
    hi i'm new to crackberry but new to blackberry as well as V.W. "we" got 2 new storms like the last of april first of may. but for like 6 months the bill was always $350.00 and above. after looking throught the bill and calling 611 we got some answers but no help. so last week i got to the store, come to find out VW had been charging us for crap that we didn't need nor ever used. after adding up all the money paid for this it came up to $450.00. after cussing and ranting at a guy that tried to tell me that he couldn't give me my money back. {my husband has had 3 storms} he told me that he would send him a new storm 2. so i then told him that if that would be the way it was i'd go back to at&t for bb. yeah well he shut up fast. i got all my money back {added to bill, not cash} and i have 2 new storm 2's. my point is if you have to go to the store and ask someone to help you. when no one can give an answer tell them that at&t would like to have your money as well, then see how fast they find the problem. i know that showing your **** is not the answer, but those people don't pay your bills and feed your kids. money is sometimes tight, and they sometimes think that you will pay for anything on a bill.
    Yo started form the begining by signing contracts, etc. Did you read what you signed? Also it is your responsibilty to review your bill as well. This wait months to do this rarely if at all get their money back.

Always amazes me that people do not do this and just pay. I personally review every bill I get every month. I am glad to hear it worked out for you though.

Lessoned learned? Read what you sign and review your bills.
    11-27-09 09:41 PM
    Yo started form the begining by signing contracts, etc. Did you read what you signed? Also it is your responsibilty to review your bill as well. This wait months to do this rarely if at all get their money back.

Always amazes me that people do not do this and just pay. I personally review every bill I get every month. I am glad to hear it worked out for you though.

Lessoned learned? Read what you sign and review your bills.
    You know how it is - people aren't bright enough to pay attention to their approximate bill amount.

Either that, or they fabricate stories to make waves. I mean, no one is dumb enough to not notice that large a discrepancy for six months, are they?
    11-27-09 11:08 PM
    No advice is better than this advice. Don't go into a store and start screaming, you'll usually get further if you restrain your anger.

Like others have stated, you blindly shelled out hundreds of extra dollars for stuff you most likely, blindly, signed up for. If you didn't read your bills, odds are you didn't read the fine print advising you of the cost of whatever it is you signed up for... Good to know the rep who helped you was a gutless pigeon...
    11-28-09 12:38 AM
    You know how it is - people aren't bright enough to pay attention to their approximate bill amount.

Either that, or they fabricate stories to make waves. I mean, no one is dumb enough to not notice that large a discrepancy for six months, are they?
    Oh yes sir they are. I have had someone so smart, they wanted a credit for 15 months of charges.
    11-28-09 01:14 AM
    I'm just curious but can I sign up for unlimited texting and receive a credit for that next year to pay a couples months on my account? Not saying the op did this, but every time I go in the store someone is complaining about their bill. I hate seeing this, it's like complaining that you bought all the wrong food after you go grocery shopping. That'd be like me going back to the store with 6 month old milk and asking for a refund because I didn't realize that it was 1%. Oh and about not reading what you sign for, I signed for an in store rep to use my upgrade on a fru storm without being told or shown stating this was happening. Sometimes it is truly easier to be the naggy customer and ask a 1,000 questions and not have to return.
    11-28-09 03:44 PM
    I have been with verizon for a long time and in this time (dont ask me why it took me so long to question it) i have realized that my bill is NEVER the same. I could make sure that there isnt anything that can be charged yes some how my bill is always sky high. Then i find all these premium text message BS that i dont even sign up for but we just randomly get them on our phone and trust me I DONT give my number out i dont do ringtones or go to sites where they give you ringtones yet they start charging you 10 or 20 a month unless you reply stop. Or you check your bill every month and call them to stop them and they wont refund you. Then i was having a difficult time where my husband got laid off and i got behind on the bill but i have always tried to pay something or call and mak payment arrangments and 2 times the cut off my phone and i have 4 lines and they charged me $15 2 times on each line. WTF I have always loved there service but im not the only one who feels they are being ripped off by this company. Now i know this has nothing to do with the blackberry but i didnt know where else to vent and wondering if anyone else is having this issue?
    I had this issue before called VZW the rep told me there rasing there taxes so there doing it gradually which i think is a load of crap
    11-29-09 08:56 AM
    I had this issue before called VZW the rep told me there rasing there taxes so there doing it gradually which i think is a load of crap
    VZW must be the first company to raise taxes.....EVER!
    11-29-09 11:09 AM
    Oh yes sir they are. I have had someone so smart, they wanted a credit for 15 months of charges.
    Hoo yeah - gotta love those attentive people.

VZW must be the first company to raise taxes.....EVER!
    I think TaZ52083 may have been referring to the gradual claim made by some rep or other.

There is an issue with some of this... wireless carriers have variable charges they can adjust at will - admin fees & such - if local utilities had something like this, the PUCs would wring their corporate necks.

It is dishonest BS - plain & simple.
    11-30-09 01:02 AM
    [QUOTE=

It is dishonest BS - plain & simple.[/QUOTE]

It may be. But this practice is no only within cell phone carriers. And its actually stated in the agreement that you accept the fees and changes. Comb through any Customer Agreement where fees are involved, and you will be sure to find the same thing.

11-30-09 01:34 AM
    One thing to really watch for on these premium messages are ANY online sites that ask for your phone number. Contrary to (popular?) belief, online is where most of the "mystery" signups for Premium Messages come from.

I mean, it's one thing when you're shopping mail order stuff on Amazon or whatnot, but don't go around entering your cell number on sites offering "free" quizzes or ringtones or other such fluff. Often, there's a bit of fine print at the bottom of that page signing money away to some subscription or other.
    11-30-09 02:02 AM
    graduated top of her class in text talk,
    11-30-09 07:49 AM
    It may be. But this practice is no only within cell phone carriers. And its actually stated in the agreement that you accept the fees and changes. Comb through any Customer Agreement where fees are involved, and you will be sure to find the same thing.
    I know it is listed in the agreements for VZW - and Sprint - and AT&T - and T-Mobile - but it is mainly a mobile telephone thing.

Ever notice how the admin fees are most often used to attack VZW (or AT&T), while attackers conveniently leave out their favorite carrier?

They all do it - it is still BS.
    11-30-09 09:09 AM
    It also says in the contract to my knowledge that if you don't agree to paying that months bill you are not agreeing to the change in the contract. If there is a change in the contract you have the option to agree.. But as soon as you pay that bill you have pretty much said you agree with the changes in your bill. In cases like if you are signed in on a old contract and then there's a sudden change and you opt to pay you agree.

So check for changes!!

This happened to me and I went up there and told them I did not agree with the change and that wasn't the contract I signed into so it wasn't an issue.. Even tho my bill is different every month!

11-30-09 09:27 AM
    It also says in the contract to my knowledge that if you don't agree to paying that months bill you are not agreeing to the change in the contract. If there is a change in the contract you have the option to agree.. But as soon as you pay that bill you have pretty much said you agree with the changes in your bill. In cases like if you are signed in on a old contract and then there's a sudden change and you opt to pay you agree.
    That has zero to do with the three most common reasons for bill amounts varying - premium SMS, usage overages & admin/access fees. None of these are contract charges.

Again, folks - VZW can double your data charge & no contract change has occurred. AT&T can triple the cost of TeleNav & you don't have a leg to stand on. T-Mobile can start charging you $1 per text overage & you're stuck. The only amount contracted is on the base plan. The only carrier with e majority of your plan under contract is typically going to be Sprint because their plans cover most everything for one price. Still doesn't mean Sprint is right for you - it just means that on MOST plans, MOST of your VZW or AT&T or T-Mobile services are not under contract - therefore, you are stranded; tied only to the voice portion & your carrier can adjust prices as they see fit.

11-30-09 01:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD