I went to add a line to existing plan for the $9.99. I was on an individual plan w/900 minutes. Find out I have to switch to Family Share plan. No problem until they tell me I can't keep my 900 minutes. I have to go with 700 minutes which may not be enough or go with 1400 which I could never use! Their charging the $9.99 more but cutting my minutes by 200. Makes zero sense! If I wanted to go with 1400 minutes it ends up costing $30 more. Why cut the minutes when paying more? Just crap to get you to upgrade to more minute plan! Thanks for letting me vent!
    08-07-09 10:41 PM
    I feel ya.....
    08-07-09 10:42 PM
    TBH, many people think they can add a line to an individual plan for $9.99. I've had numerous people who want to add lines to 450 minute plans and its just not going to happen. Is it bad marketing or consumers not reading/understanding their plans? I think the answer lies somewhere in between.
    08-07-09 10:46 PM
    TBH, many people think they can add a line to an individual plan for $9.99. I've had numerous people who want to add lines to 450 minute plans and its just not going to happen. Is it bad marketing or consumers not reading/understanding their plans? I think the answer lies somewhere in between.
    I didn't have a problem switching to family plan. I just don't understand why they don't have family plans that include the same minutes as an individual plan just add the $9.99. I also realize that most people who get a family plan need more minutes. I also realize they can't come up with plans to suit everyone but it would be nice to have the option to add a line and keep the same number of minutes. JMO
    08-07-09 11:14 PM
    I added a line for 9.99 but I already had an appropriate minute plan
    08-07-09 11:25 PM
    I just don't understand why they don't have family plans that include the same minutes as an individual plan just add the $9.99. I also realize that most people who get a family plan need more minutes.
    if they did that, they'd then have to charge you more for that second line and it would get sticky in marketing "Add a Line For $9.99.".

It isn't getting a second line for $9.99. It is add a second line for about $30 and each addl line is then $9.99. Att does the same thing. If you want multi lines, you need a family plan. To use an old Dad analogy, you can't order a third row of seats to that pickup you want. You have to buy the more expensive Denali. That is the excuse he uses for buying his big pigiron truck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 11:30 PM
    To use an old Dad analogy, you can't order a third row of seats to that pickup you want. You have to buy the more expensive Denali. That is the excuse he uses for buying his big pigiron truck.
    Awww shucks.....I have a pickup and was just thinking about running out and looking for one with a third row of seats and I still need the bed to haul things! Oh and it has to be a Ford. :-)
    08-08-09 12:50 AM
    Good to know! I was thinking about adding a line to my 900-minute plan with a friend, but know I won't be able to. Hmmm. The 700-minute one should satisfy me anyways. The most calling I do is to only a couple people, I only use like 200 anytime minutes anyways. Thanks to the 5 free numbers, at least. Otherwise it'd be over 1,000, easy.
    08-08-09 01:23 AM
    The 700 minute plan does not include Friends & Family.

08-08-09 01:32 AM
    To use an old Dad analogy, you can't order a third row of seats to that pickup you want. You have to buy the more expensive Denali. That is the excuse he uses for buying his big pigiron truck.
    HEY! I resemble that remark!

Pigirons don't come with air-conditioned cowhide seats, I'll have you know.
    Oh and it has to be a Ford. :-)
    Now that it is Government Motors, I'll have to switch to Ford. The new F-Series & Super Duty pickups look & drive really nice, but the engines lack power & the Expedition/Navigator looks like a sissy-mobile.

08-08-09 05:01 AM
    Um, it's because the 1400 min plan is the family share version of the 900 single line plan.

450 SLP = 700 FSP
    900 SLP = 1400 FSP
    1350 SLP = 2100 FSP

And so on.. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that..

Yes, the Friends & Family benefit is a potential upsell because you need to be at least on the second-tier of minutes on either SLP's or FSP's to qualify, I won't dispute that.. But the structure makes sense. If you're using 800 min of your 900 min plan every month, how realistic is it for us to expect that other line to only use 100 min if your on a 900 FSP? 9/10 times, it's not. That's why you go to the 1400 FSP.

If your argument is I have a 900 SLP but only use 500 min a month, well, that's your own damn fault. Either talk more, or use the self-serve options that we offer (#646 or MyVerizon) and do a better job tracking your min so you can drop down to a 450 SLP.

Better yet, if you're on a 900 SLP and the reason why you only use 4-500 min a month is cause of Friends & Family, then how's about we just get rid of the whole damn thing for ya?

I swear..

08-08-09 05:23 AM
    Um, it's because the 1400 min plan is the family share version of the 900 single line plan.

450 SLP = 700 FSP
    900 SLP = 1400 FSP
    1350 SLP = 2100 FSP

And so on.. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that..

Yes, the Friends & Family benefit is a potential upsell because you need to be at least on the second-tier of minutes on either SLP's or FSP's to qualify, I won't dispute that.. But the structure makes sense. If you're using 800 min of your 900 min plan every month, how realistic is it for us to expect that other line to only use 100 min if your on a 900 FSP? 9/10 times, it's not. That's why you go to the 1400 FSP.

If your argument is I have a 900 SLP but only use 500 min a month, well, that's your own damn fault. Either talk more, or use the self-serve options that we offer (#646 or MyVerizon) and do a better job tracking your min so you can drop down to a 450 SLP.

Better yet, if you're on a 900 SLP and the reason why you only use 4-500 min a month is cause of Friends & Family, then how's about we just get rid of the whole damn thing for ya?

I swear..

You just described my plan! On the 1400 fsp and because of the F+F we use maybe 300 billable minutes. But without F+F we would use 900 or so and go over. I picked the bigger plan so we wouldn't have to limit our calls, and am thankful for corporate discounts. I'm not complaining as I reviewed the plans before signing. I am hoping for a cheaper F+F plan in the future tho.

08-08-09 06:31 AM
    Now that it is Government Motors, I'll have to switch to Ford. The new F-Series & Super Duty pickups look & drive really nice, but the engines lack power & the Expedition/Navigator looks like a sissy-mobile.
    I haven't driven the new ones to find out about engine power but my 01 is awesome. It does everything I tell it to but if you put my husband behind the wheel he can bury it axle deep in the backyard.
    Um, it's because the 1400 min plan is the family share version of the 900 single line plan.450 SLP = 700 FSP900 SLP = 1400 FSP1350 SLP = 2100 FSPAnd so on.. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that..Yes, the Friends & Family benefit is a potential upsell because you need to be at least on the second-tier of minutes on either SLP's or FSP's to qualify, I won't dispute that.. But the structure makes sense. If you're using 800 min of your 900 min plan every month, how realistic is it for us to expect that other line to only use 100 min if your on a 900 FSP? 9/10 times, it's not. That's why you go to the 1400 FSP.If your argument is I have a 900 SLP but only use 500 min a month, well, that's your own damn fault. Either talk more, or use the self-serve options that we offer (#646 or MyVerizon) and do a better job tracking your min so you can drop down to a 450 SLP.Better yet, if you're on a 900 SLP and the reason why you only use 4-500 min a month is cause of Friends & Family, then how's about we just get rid of the whole damn thing for ya?I swear..
    If that's your reasoning then technically you can't get an extra line for the $9.99 advertised because technically you're going to need more minutes which costs $30 more per month. However I am the 1/10 because my husband will only be using the phone to call me, which is free. Now I definately have to monitor my minutes. Like I said earlier, I realize most people would need more minutes when adding a line and you can't make plans based on individual consumer needs. So chill out. :-)
    08-08-09 08:52 AM
    HEY! I resemble that remark!

Pigirons don't come with air-conditioned cowhide seats, I'll have you know.

Dad, I never thought I would be promoting this, but try a Toyota

08-08-09 12:03 PM
    Dad, I never thought I would be promoting this, but try a Toyota
    Totally not allowed to promote foreign vehicles on my threads. LOL
    08-08-09 12:53 PM
    OMG, I stopped buying trucks from Ford and GM years ago. Darn things break down so often and constantly need to be maintained. I drive Jeep Wranglers and Toyota trucks, and always will no matter how rich I become. I will be the only 200ft yacht owner who drives a Jeep Wrangler with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch tires. I drive Toyota Trucks because a few of my hard working Texas relatives build them down in San Antonio, and because the are the most reliable truck, of course.

To get back on subject, I had the same issue with my family plan. The old lady and I are on a 1400 min plan and barely use 400 a month. Yes I am paying $20 more a month than I have too, theoretically. Because we are able to utilize the Friends and Family, our minutes stay so low. Without Friends and Family we would get close to the 1400 minute limit. Essentially we have unlimited BB data, messaging and minutes, all because of the plan we are on(and the BB data plan).
    Last edited by cenloe; 08-08-09 at 07:05 PM.
    08-08-09 07:03 PM
    Totally not allowed to promote foreign vehicles on my threads. LOL
    The best part of that statement is more Toyota's are built in the US then Fords! That being said I love my Ford truck and would not give it up! On topic I had to change my plan when I added 2 lines as well but the newer plan had so many more features included (I was paying individually for them) that it worked out well for me at least.
    08-08-09 09:31 PM
    The best part of that statement is more Toyota's are built in the US then Fords! That being said I love my Ford truck and would not give it up! On topic I had to change my plan when I added 2 lines as well but the newer plan had so many more features included (I was paying individually for them) that it worked out well for me at least.
    Shhhh.....don't tell anyone but my Ford truck was built in Canada, eh! But hey it's still considered an American car maker. On topic, I did end up with the 700 minute plan. We'll see how it goes. I'll just have to monitor my minutes which I didn't have to do before. Most everyone I talk to has VZN except my daughter. That's a good reason not to have to talk to her so often. :-P
    08-08-09 09:50 PM
    Shhhh.....don't tell anyone but my Ford truck was built in Canada, eh! But hey it's still considered an American car maker. On topic, I did end up with the 700 minute plan. We'll see how it goes. I'll just have to monitor my minutes which I didn't have to do before. Most everyone I talk to has VZN except my daughter. That's a good reason not to have to talk to her so often. :-P
    My truck was built in Canada as well. It is old (1980) but runs like new with its new Inline 6 cylinder motor.

Thanks for the laugh on the daughter comment! Got a good chuckle out of that! Hope your plan works out for you!
    08-08-09 10:03 PM
    OMG, I stopped buying trucks from Ford and GM years ago. Darn things break down so often and constantly need to be maintained.
    Every vehicle needs to be maintained. I'm sorry you had bad experiences with Ford trucks. I've never had a problem with mine but then it does only have 145,000 miles on it.

To get back on subject, I had the same issue with my family plan. The old lady and I are on a 1400 min plan and barely use 400 a month. Yes I am paying $20 more a month than I have too, theoretically. Because we are able to utilize the Friends and Family, our minutes stay so low. Without Friends and Family we would get close to the 1400 minute limit. Essentially we have unlimited BB data, messaging and minutes, all because of the plan we are on(and the BB data plan).
    Since I converted most of my friends and family to VZN I really don't need that feature. Maybe they would give me a better deal if I listed all the friends and family I've brought to them. Dreaming again.
    08-08-09 10:06 PM
    My truck was built in Canada as well. It is old (1980) but runs like new with its new Inline 6 cylinder motor.
    See that proves how good Ford trucks are. How many miles did ya have on the old engine?

Thanks for the laugh on the daughter comment! Got a good chuckle out of that! Hope your plan works out for you!
    Glad you enjoyed the comment. Anytime I can give someone a laugh, it's been a good day!
    08-08-09 10:18 PM
    Lets just put it this way, the Odometer was at all zeros a few times! I have newer cars but I love that truck! Like the other poster said I have it the way I want it with a lift and big tires so I keep it around.

My plan is only 700 minutes with 3 lines but almost everyone around here has Verizon so we never come close to using all our minutes. Just look at your account online every now and again and you should be fine.
    08-09-09 12:38 AM
    Every vehicle needs to be maintained.
    Yes, I do realize that. I said CONSTANT maintenance, it almost seems like GM and Ford engineer their vehicles to breakdown early and often. I stand by Jeeps though, one of the few great American automotive products! Even with a Jeep I have had a few problems with build quality. Its a good thing there is such a huge parts aftermarket, I can easily replace cheap parts for awesome ones.

I have always wondered why there wasnt a 900 min plan for families. Going from 700 to 1400 is a large jump. If there is a need for 700 minutes then surely there is a need for 900.
    08-09-09 01:40 AM
    Buy foreign. Jeeps cheaped out too. Too much plastic, and not rugged like the old ones. I can take my old CJ5 and drive it underwater and not worry about it, the new one will rust and have all its wonderful flashy plastic panels fall off.

check out this video

you cant do that with a new jeep. certainly you have heard of all the oil leaking problems with the 01+ jeeps? See the new Jeep Commander? Its trying to be a Range Rover, only failing terribly. Screw the Commander, gimme a Commando!
    Last edited by darethas; 08-09-09 at 03:16 AM.
    08-09-09 03:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD