11-08-09 09:38 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    So if it creates VOIP this would mean that it could turn a complete deadzone, into 1X Coverage?
    10-30-09 02:42 AM
    Essentially yes. There is a slight, noticeable latency issue. I sometimes ended up talking over people. Seemed like a long, long distance call.
    Good to know, then I dont think I am interested.
    10-30-09 07:34 AM
    This is a site that will answer a lotof your questions

NETWORK EXTENDER
    10-30-09 08:01 AM
    This is a site that will answer a lotof your questions

NETWORK EXTENDER
    And jack many a threads
    10-30-09 08:15 AM
    The Network Extender does what it is supposed to do. It is not VOIP. It is a mini-cell tower that serves up 1X signals. EVDO is not supported. It creates a VPN between the device and Verizons servers using a small part of your internet bandwidth. If you have reception issues at your location and an internet connection the N.E. will provide a decent signal for up to three simultaneous calls.
    10-30-09 08:24 AM
    Essentially yes. There is a slight, noticeable latency issue. I sometimes ended up talking over people. Seemed like a long, long distance call.
    Over or cross talk is a concern that can be trouble shot - if not resolved it can go to network for review and adjustments made.
    10-30-09 08:35 AM
    So if it creates VOIP this would mean that it could turn a complete deadzone, into 1X Coverage?
    Well, yes. Although, as pointed out by in another post, it isnt a real VOIP it theoretically could turn a complete deadzone into a 1X coverage area.

To the OP, I did not mean to discourage you in any way, I was just pointing out all the issues that I had. (Which to be honest, were few) If you live in an area with poor coverage you should get the device, as it does what it says it will do. The reason I got rid of mine is because I switched devices. It seems my Storm was the issue, its radio was awful and I couldnt get a decent signal in my home. Once I switched to the Tour my problems were solved.

I never did find out what the HDMI port on the bottom of the device was for. Anyone know??
    Last edited by cenloe; 10-30-09 at 10:53 AM.
    10-30-09 10:49 AM
    Well, yes. Although, as pointed out by in another post, it isnt a real VOIP it theoretically could turn a complete deadzone into a 1X coverage area.

To the OP, I did not mean to discourage you in any way, I was just pointing out all the issues that I had. (Which to be honest, were few) If you live in an area with poor coverage you should get the device, as it does what it says it will do. The reason I got rid of mine is because I switched devices. It seems my Storm was the issue, its radio was awful and I couldnt get a decent signal in my home. Once I switched to the Tour my problems were solved.

I never did find out what the HDMI port on the bottom of the device was for. Anyone know??
    HDMI Port? Never noticed it.
    10-30-09 10:55 AM
    HDMI Port? Never noticed it.
    If I remember correctly, it's underneath the rubber flap on the very bottom.
    10-30-09 11:05 AM
    Buying one of these devices from Verizon is silly. You already pay to use the network, they should be giving them away. It's a way for you to get service (which you pay for) where you wouldn't ordinarily have any.
    10-30-09 11:22 AM
    Buying one of these devices from Verizon is silly. You already pay to use the network, they should be giving them away. It's a way for you to get service (which you pay for) where you wouldn't ordinarily have any.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Network Extender is primarily for expanding coverage indoors, where service is not guaranteed. So that's why they're not free.
    10-30-09 11:39 AM
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Network Extender is primarily for expanding coverage indoors, where service is not guaranteed. So that's why they're not free.
    Hit the nail on the head
    10-30-09 01:00 PM
    I need to, again, pitch this to my aunt. She lives in the middle of the forest pretty much there is no cell service within a 10 mile radius of her home.. with any cellco.
    10-30-09 01:18 PM
    Nope, do not need one, but I know a lot about them
    OT but i like your saying at the bottom of your post" racecar is racecar spelled backwards" that's interesting and I never thought of it!! made me smile
    10-30-09 01:23 PM
    If its not guarenteed then why do they have all that coverage on the map? It shouldnt be my responsability to pay VZW for a product to enhance a service that according to the "map" I shouldnt have a problem with anyway...

Edit- Plus, theres no way from stopping other people from getting on your "mini tower" so youre helping VZW and whoever else may use their towers out as well. If they gave one to me, Id take it, But im sure not going to buy one.
    Last edited by TheVillageIdiot; 10-30-09 at 02:08 PM.
    10-30-09 02:03 PM
    If its not guarenteed then why do they have all that coverage on the map? It shouldnt be my responsability to pay VZW for a product to enhance a service that according to the "map" I shouldnt have a problem with anyway...
    NOW I understand the username.

NO CARRIER will tell they guarrentee signal in a building. Your neighbors might be contructed just enough differently and they will have signal fine inside. Now, if your signal is fine in the house and your stick you device in a microwave ( DO NOT COOK THE PHONE), the sheilding that protects you from getting cooked will also stop the penetration of signal, therefore your device will not get a signal inside a microwave.

See where I am going with this? Now you know why carriers will guarrantee signal inside.

Also to further explain, even if the map shows coverage, there will dead spots with in the coverage area.
    10-30-09 02:10 PM

NO CARRIER will tell they guarrentee signal in a building. Your neighbors might be contructed just enough differently and they will have signal fine inside. Now, if your signal is fine in the house and your stick you device in a microwave ( DO NOT COOK THE PHONE), the sheilding that protects you from getting cooked will also stop the penetration of signal, therefore your device will not get a signal inside a microwave.

See where I am going with this? Now you know why carriers will guarrantee signal inside.

Also to further explain, even if the map shows coverage, there will dead spots with in the coverage area.
    Sounds like VZWs problem. Not mine.
    10-30-09 02:21 PM
    +1 I think we've been here before.
    10-30-09 02:27 PM
    Actually if you have no signal in a building it is your problem and not Verizons. They are MOBILE phones for a reason. Unless your home travels with you there is a reason for WIRED connections. If I worked for VZW I would love to hear that call.

Customer: I live in a bunker 50ft below ground and I can't get a signal and you have to fix it because your coverage map says I should have coverage!

You know I can't even imagine what someone could say to that person that would even matter.
    10-30-09 02:42 PM
    Actually if you have no signal in a building it is your problem and not Verizons. They are MOBILE phones for a reason. Unless your home travels with you there is a reason for WIRED connections. If I worked for VZW I would love to hear that call.

Customer: I live in a bunker 50ft below ground and I can't get a signal and you have to fix it because your coverage map says I should have coverage!

You know I can't even imagine what someone could say to that person that would even matter.
    Youre an absolute *****. Way to blow it out of context. If I cant get signal in my HOUSE with IS NOT 50 feet below ground, much less 8, when i can get signal 2 stories down in a HOSPITAL not more than 1300FT from my house then theres some issues. But go ahead and blow it out of context. Seem to be doing just fine.
    Last edited by TheVillageIdiot; 10-30-09 at 02:52 PM.
    10-30-09 02:45 PM
    OK now who is blowing what out of context? You are getting heated over an obvious over exaggeration to something that you don't seem to comprehend.

Verizon can not control how you house is made nor can they control how much radio interference is there. If you have a house or work in a building where you can't get a signal it is not a Verizon issue but a construction issue and therefore not their responsibility to give you anything to fix it. If you don't want to buy a NE that is obviously your choice but please do not complain about a company charging money for a product they have no obligation to give you.
    10-30-09 02:53 PM
    Youre an absolute *****.
    And BTW...yes I am but it makes me happy. Don't like it then ignore my posts.
    10-30-09 02:55 PM
    LOL Yeah, it's Verizon's problem your house is made out of concrete and invisible signals can not penetrate that.
    10-30-09 02:59 PM
    Regarding delay problem or performance issue with the NE, it's mainly due to your internet bandwidth and router setup. This is true for Sprint NE and or any VoIP services.

If you have only basic internet service, then you can upgrade to a higher speed. Also you can configure your router to have your NE take priority on any traffic. Basically when your NE is in use, it will get all the bandwidth that its needs. Everything else, file download, internet browsing, etc, will have to wait in line.
    10-30-09 03:07 PM
    Regarding delay problem or performance issue with the NE, it's mainly due to your internet bandwidth and router setup. This is true for Sprint NE and or any VoIP services.

If you have only basic internet service, then you can upgrade to a higher speed. Also you can configure your router to have your NE take priority on any traffic. Basically when your NE is in use, it will get all the bandwidth that its needs. Everything else, file download, internet browsing, etc, will have to wait in line.
    Actually to be precise, the maximum amount of bandwidth consumed by the device is documented in the user manual. You can probably find that information on-line.
    10-30-09 03:31 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD