11-08-09 10:38 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    I notice on VZW website that they have a network extender that you can buy. Seems to be able to boost your signal if you have poor reception in your house. I am thinking on getting it, but it is a bit pricey at $250.00. Was wondering if anyone has one and if so, is it worth it ?
    10-29-09 06:43 PM
    If you need better signal in house they do work very well.
    10-29-09 06:47 PM
    Depending on your account you could get a discount.
    10-29-09 06:53 PM
    I get real spotty service inside my house. Right now I am at 3 bars, but in the same room, it can drop to no bars. If I walk around the house, I drop calls.
    Thats the only thing keeping me from dropping the landline and going total Wireless. So if these work, it might be what seals that deal for me.
    I do get a corp discount on my plan and 25% off of assessories, but it doesnt show a discount on that item online.
    10-29-09 07:11 PM
    GO for it - IF it does notwork out, you can always return it.
    10-29-09 07:37 PM
    GO for it - IF it does notwork out, you can always return it.
    Good Point, it would be covered under the 30 day guarantee. I'll keep you posted if I do.

Do you have one ?
    10-29-09 07:52 PM
    My brother bought one a couple weeks ago and our phones have perfect service in every part of the house now.
    10-29-09 07:58 PM
    I got them to send me a free one, call 501-905-8000 and ask for Doris Trotter, that's the lady that helped me, however, it did not work for me and its sitting here collecting dust, I need to put it on Ebay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 08:09 PM
    Excellent Red Sox. Thanks.

Are you from Boston ? NH here, so a Sox fan too !
    10-29-09 08:09 PM
    Good Point, it would be covered under the 30 day guarantee. I'll keep you posted if I do.

Do you have one ?
    Nope, do not need one, but I know a lot about them
    10-29-09 08:10 PM
    I want to say though, the signal outside my house is about the same and really al that extender does is take what's outside and bring it in, so it might work for you if you reception is better outside

10-29-09 08:11 PM
    I got them to send me a free one, call 501-905-8000 and ask for Doris Trotter, that's the lady that helped me, however, it did not work for me and its sitting here collecting dust, I need to put it on Ebay.

Did you call for support? THere are some things with home networks that can get in the way. There are a few router models that have known issues as well.
    10-29-09 08:12 PM
    I want to say though, the signal outside my house is about the same and really al that extender does is take what's outside and bring it in, so it might work for you if you reception is better outside

My reception is better outside, so think it may work for me.
    10-29-09 08:19 PM

A free one.... that would be cool. What basis did they send you a free one on ?
    10-29-09 08:21 PM

Before you put it on ebay, since you got it for free, send it my way... I will take it off your hands
    10-29-09 08:22 PM
    If the NE does not work why don't you do the right thing and send it back? I have installed a signal amplifier at my house and it has improved things greatly. VZW would not give me the NE due to my Alltel plan.

I have read where the NE is hooked up through your high speed internet connection. Are you sure it was activated properly?

10-29-09 08:43 PM
    A friend of mine just got one today and he is so happy it's funny. He went from only being able to send texts and possibly make calls if he was in the right spot to full reception in his entire house. It is definitely worth a try. He at least thinks it was worth every penny.
    10-29-09 09:30 PM

Thats not true. The network extender uses your internet connection to route your calls, it doesnt take the outside signal and amplify it at all.

I had one earlier this past year and got rid of it in July. It does what its supposed to do, the only thing is, is that it doesnt give you EVDO, only 1X.

I also noticed some weird issues with the device. If you tried to use any automated system, it wouldnt "hear" you pressing buttons. I had to unplug it, go outside and then call any automated system (bank, VZW, etc.)
    10-29-09 10:53 PM
    Thats not true. The network extender uses your internet connection to route your calls, it doesnt take the outside signal and amplify it at all.

I had one earlier this past year and got rid of it in July. It does what its supposed to do, the only thing is, is that it doesnt give you EVDO, only 1X.

I also noticed some weird issues with the device. If you tried to use any automated system, it wouldnt "hear" you pressing buttons. I had to unplug it, go outside and then call any automated system (bank, VZW, etc.)
    So it converts you to a VoIP ?
    10-29-09 11:29 PM
    So it converts you to a VoIP ?
    Essentially yes. There is a slight, noticeable latency issue. I sometimes ended up talking over people. Seemed like a long, long distance call.
    Last edited by cenloe; 10-29-09 at 11:47 PM.
    10-29-09 11:45 PM
    Did you call for support? THere are some things with home networks that can get in the way. There are a few router models that have known issues as well.
    lol, I don't have DSL or Cable internet, not available out here, I have an Aircard from Alltel/Verizon and no router with it
    10-30-09 01:39 AM
    A free one.... that would be cool. What basis did they send you a free one on ?

idk, I guess I just got to the right person, she is the one that offered me the booster, I didn't know they even sold one
    10-30-09 01:40 AM
    Before you put it on ebay, since you got it for free, send it my way... I will take it off your hands

I would be willing to sell it for a reasonable price, meaning less than normal. But, sorry, I don't share the love. I have to make money.

really though, I don't have the official Verizon network extender, I have a Cyfre Wireless Booster, it boosts phones and aircards
    10-30-09 01:42 AM
    If the NE does not work why don't you do the right thing and send it back? I have installed a signal amplifier at my house and it has improved things greatly. VZW would not give me the NE due to my Alltel plan.

I have read where the NE is hooked up through your high speed internet connection. Are you sure it was activated properly?

its not quite the NE, but serves the same purpose and that was like a year ago, when Alltel was Alltel, honestly though, my coverage still is not pretty out here and I cannot go to another carrier or it would be worse, I don't see any reason why I should send it back, she is the one that offered it to me
    10-30-09 01:43 AM

wait wait, I was confused for a bit, I don't have the NE, I have a Cyfre Wireless Booster that Alltel sent me, you put an antenna up outside and it brings that signal in

btw, I thought he was just talking about a booster, I had to look up what the NE was
    10-30-09 01:45 AM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD