Hello All:

I have been looking for this for a while and many of you asked me to post my findings once I received the extender. I was a storm user that had to switch to a curve because of service issues at my home. I LOVED MY STORM and had to let her go.....

Well anyway got the Verizon Network extender yesterday. Hook up and directions very easy. I placed the unit in a window and it took about 3 minutes until all the lights blinked blue. Went for no bars to full bars everywhere in my house. WHOOOHOOO !!!!! BACK TO THE STORM and VERY VERY Happy.

If you cannot place yours by a window the unit comes with a GPS device that can be romoved with the supplied extended cord and place it a window.

Great device for those of you ina fringe area. Good Luck !!
    02-18-09 11:36 AM
    Just remember that the Network extender only lets you use 1X data on your BlackBerry not 1XEV.
    02-19-09 02:13 PM
    I just hooked up my extender yesterday as well and it works great!
    Last edited by dolphinguy; 02-20-09 at 03:03 AM.
    02-19-09 09:51 PM
    Just remember that the Network extender only lets you use 1X data on your BlackBerry not 1XEV.
    No such thing as 1x data, 1x is voice short for 1xrtt. EV is short for EVDO/3g.
    02-19-09 11:56 PM
    Where can I get one ? Do they have them at the VZN store?
    02-21-09 08:52 AM
    You can get then through any VZW outlet. Store, telesales, online, call CS. Very inportant though to make sure your router is VPN capable. Also make sure you not in extended digital network
    Last edited by lastraid; 02-21-09 at 09:05 AM.
    02-21-09 08:57 AM
    Thanks going to get one now.
    02-21-09 09:04 AM
    No such thing as 1x data,
    Totally wrong. 1x if for voice or data. Stop making things up, you're hurting the crackberry community.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-21-09 01:29 PM
    Disagree 1X is how data was done prior to EVDO.
    02-21-09 01:53 PM
    You are correct on one account, 1X is actually called 1XRTT. This was the precursor to EVDO on the CDMA networks. The minimum requirements for a Network extender are a DSL, cable, or FiOS connection. The network extender is designed to work with many diffrent broadband connections and as such has to cater to those connections with a slower upload rate like on DSL. 1XRTT has a max burt rate of 144kbps which is most compatable with all broadband connections. If you would like a further explanation of the device and its features just let me know
    02-21-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD