This was asked sometime ago and it was about a restocking fee $35. At that time it was considered an accessory and the response was no.

Yesterday there was update to for this device and there is now a $35 restocking fee.

PLEASE!, do not shoot the messanger
    07-10-09 01:53 PM
    PLEASE!, do not shoot the messanger
    But you're not the messenger. If I call VZW & you answer the phone, you ARE VZW.

Do you have any last words before we blindfold you?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-09 02:15 PM
    But you're not the messenger. If I call VZW & you answer the phone, you ARE VZW.

Do you have any last words before we blindfold you?

Other than I know how to use the release button? No I do not
    07-10-09 02:19 PM
    Ah hang up hang up!
    07-10-09 03:20 PM
    Don't understand this.... Restock fees are charged when a customer exchanges for a different device, not when they flat out return..... Wonder if they are changing it for everything?

07-10-09 03:36 PM
    Don't understand this.... Restock fees are charged when a customer exchanges for a different device, not when they flat out return..... Wonder if they are changing it for everything?

This info was released yesterday.
    07-10-09 05:22 PM
    Dang verizon is moving into the business practices of used car parts dealers. Except that $35 is more than the customary 15%.

07-10-09 06:58 PM
    Hey lastraid, I don't want to jack your thread but I noticed you work at a call center for verizon? I just applied to be a customer service rep at a walk in store but I really would want to be a call center rep too. How did you apply or get that job? Can you give another BB/verizon obsessed person out of work a hook up or what? Could you just email me at pgaray20@yahoo.com so I don't clog up your thread?
    07-10-09 11:42 PM
    Stuff like that is what PMs are for. Or the several threads already going about getting a VZW job.

As for the OP, I might be able to see it if VZW offered loaners to see if it worked for you. To sell something, then soak someone for returning it for not being what you expected, is ridiculous. It is yet another reason that cell providers really do suck, when compared to most other retailers or service providers.

The best cell provider is undoubtably VZW, but that would be like saying the best small car from Eastern Europe is Yugo. It may be the best, with that qualifier, but overall, the service is acceptable only to morons and those who don't know any better. Walmart, Sears, Target, Costco & even Circle K offer better. Nordstrom, Eddie Bauer, LL Bean, Starpower, REI, & Cabela's blow them away.

Say what you will about VZW taking care of their customers - yes, they do far better than AT&T or Sprint, but they can't even hold a candle to Southwest Airlines.

That is sad.

07-11-09 02:45 AM
    Here are the requirements for the return of a net ext

Network Extender Returns are allowed for up to 30 days from the date of purchase.

Customers must have the original sales receipt and all original packaging and components must be in like-new condition to complete a return.
    Customers without the original box and UPC code receive a refund equal to the price paid.
    Returns of the Network Extenders incur a $35 restocking fee.
    Exchanges of defective Network Extenders do not incur any fees.
    07-11-09 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD