I have two lines on a VZW account. One line is my Curve, the other is an enV2. We text a lot, mainly to VZW numbers, and most of our calls are also to VZW numbers (we have never come close to using our 700 out of network/off-peak minutes). I use data on my BB, but not tethering, and we currently have a Nationwide Basic Family Share Plan. The bill runs about $145/month. Are there any VZW CS gurus out there that see a way to possibly save some money on our monthly mobile bill?

Thanks,
    07-16-09 11:46 PM
    What extras do you have on the env? Data? Unlimited text? $145 sure sounds high to me for 700 mins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 12:43 AM
    Best thing you can do is a CS guru on the phone, so they can have your account in front of them. Then a proper review can be done.
    07-17-09 07:22 AM
    I have two lines on a VZW account. One line is my Curve, the other is an enV2. We text a lot, mainly to VZW numbers, and most of our calls are also to VZW numbers (we have never come close to using our 700 out of network/off-peak minutes). I use data on my BB, but not tethering, and we currently have a Nationwide Basic Family Share Plan. The bill runs about $145/month. Are there any VZW CS gurus out there that see a way to possibly save some money on our monthly mobile bill?

Thanks,
    You have EXACTLY what my boyfriend and I have.
    We have the 700min family basic ( $69.99 for both lines )
    I have BB plan and 500txt w/ m2m ( $29.99 and $10 )
    he has 1500txt w/m2m ($15)
    we also have rbt's ($.99 per line ) comes to aapx $127 but with some other purchases DL's ringtones games ect.
    usually about $140-$145
    Now keep in mind taxes; poss usage on the env2 for net if you dont have vpak and other things.

We pay about what you are paying. Its about the best you can get enless you wanted to get the next family plan up that gives you unlimited txt/pix/flix that is $20 more on your ft plan but you dont have to have the individual sms plans. Personally, I dont use enough to validate having unlimited but I m2m txt more than anything.
    I think about $145 is decent for what you guys have. At least thats where my bill runs and I did some MAJOR revamping when my folks finally switched to verizon back in march.
    Last edited by heather.law; 07-17-09 at 09:26 AM.
    07-17-09 09:23 AM
    You have EXACTLY what my boyfriend and I have.
    We have the 700min family basic ( $69.99 for both lines )
    I have BB plan and 500txt w/ m2m ( $29.99 and $10 )
    he has 1500txt w/m2m ($15)
    we also have rbt's ($.99 per line ) comes to aapx $127 but with some other purchases DL's ringtones games ect.
    usually about $140-$145
    Now keep in mind taxes; poss usage on the env2 for net if you dont have vpak and other things.

We pay about what you are paying. Its about the best you can get enless you wanted to get the next family plan up that gives you unlimited txt/pix/flix that is $20 more on your ft plan but you dont have to have the individual sms plans. Personally, I dont use enough to validate having unlimited but I m2m txt more than anything.
    I think about $145 is decent for what you guys have. At least thats where my bill runs and I did some MAJOR revamping when my folks finally switched to verizon back in march.

Yeah that all sounds about right I have a Bb with the 29.99 plan with 700 mins and my gf has some gin phone for mad txting. We got unlimited txts and our bill is around 125... I think I still have a 19% discount from my old job though lol
    07-17-09 09:32 AM
    Well ya know... it all depends on the extras. There are ways to subsidize without losing features. biggest thing is not to go crazy buying ringtones and games. Thats where they getcha.
    I get my ringtones for free from here and other places and then forward them to my boyfriend.
    There are ways around getting charged for certain things.
    07-17-09 09:51 AM
    Yeah and myxer and tonethis are pretty nice...
    07-17-09 09:55 AM
    One consideration here is if you receive a discount through work or other affiliations, as the discount would be applied to the "select" plan which includes unlimited text, but not to the individual text plans. for example:

My wife and I have the 700 minute select plan: unlimited text plus bb data (my line only), plus insurance totaling 119.37 before taxes.
    (My discount applies to the whole of the select plan, including the unlimited text portion).

If we were to drop to the basic plan, my discount would only be applied on the voice plan itself and not the individual text plans. So the same plan; 700 mins, $10 text plan on mine and $5 on my wife's came to 116.45 before taxes, even though the basic plan is $30 less then the select plan, without getting the discount on the text plans, it comes out nearly even.

hope this helps.
    Last edited by bbstorm79; 07-17-09 at 10:30 AM. Reason: additional info.
    07-17-09 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD