I have had the voyager for about 14 months and it officially is done. The battery will no longer charge, and the inside screen is broken. I have insuarance but rather the pay the $50 i would rather just buy a new phone. I recieved a pamphlet about beign VIP and getting an upgrade option every 12 months with a $50 coupon.

The question i guess is that i need a phone ASAP and get the feeling i should just avoid the storm. So the only other blackberry option on verizon would be the curve??? Is this phone still very advanced where I would have no problems for the next year.
    06-24-09 09:27 AM
    There is also the 8830 World Edition and Pearl Flip.
    The Tour has been announced and is expected to be coming soon.
    06-24-09 09:31 AM
    ya i cant stand the predective texting so i think i will skip on the pearl flip. I cant live without a cell phone so i dont know if i can awit a few weeks for the tour.
    06-24-09 09:49 AM
    The 8830 world phone is nice, but lacking camera and video is a bummer to me. The tour, well it is newer but doesn't come out to July 13th. You COULD do the 30 day trail, then switch to the Tour. Maybe.....
    06-24-09 10:08 AM
    I am trying to purchase a VZW 8330 and get VZW to activate it and get rid of this awful phone i have now. I say get the 8330. It's still good from what I hear, and you can upgrade to the tour, later once the bugs have been kicked out i guess, if any. I plan to do that. :-)
    06-24-09 10:12 AM
    The 8830 world phone is nice, but lacking camera and video is a bummer to me. The tour, well it is newer but doesn't come out to July 13th. You COULD do the 30 day trail, then switch to the Tour. Maybe.....
    i honestly wouldn't count on that.

do you not have any old verizon phones just laying around?
    if so use one of them and wait for the tour.
    if that is not possible then just get an 8330, they are very good phones.
    06-24-09 10:13 AM
    ya i think i am leaning towards that. plus that fact i beleive it will be free.
    06-24-09 10:19 AM
    well go for the plung!
    good luck!!
    06-24-09 10:21 AM
    i honestly wouldn't count on that.

do you not have any old verizon phones just laying around?
    if so use one of them and wait for the tour.
    if that is not possible then just get an 8330, they are very good phones.
    Why not? If they have the return policy is writing like Sprint did, I got rid of the Rant an got my BB. They have to if it is in the contract. You might have to do a restock fee, but if it is in writing it has to be allowed or breach of contract.

Though somebody said about kinks in the Tour, every new phone/pda/smart phone has issues, and BBs are the same. You could do the 8330 and then do the Tour when it gets all the kinks out, or do what was said and use an old Verizon phone till the Tour and then make a decision.
    06-24-09 10:31 AM
    It's not unheard of, but at the discretion of your VZW rep or store, you can sometimes get a loaner phone (albeit cheapo model) if you make a commitment to purchase a specific phone that is out of stock or soon to be released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-09 10:38 AM
    Another possibility is pay the insurance deductible and get the replacement Voyager. Use it till the Tour comes out, then sell the Voyager. You should be able to get more than $50 for a refurbed Voyager in good condition.
    06-24-09 10:45 AM
    You COULD do the 30 day trail, then switch to the Tour. Maybe.....
    Sure... If you don't mind paying the difference in RETAIL cost go upgrade to the tour. You get 30 days from the time of signing your contract. You can return it anytime within 30 days for a different phone of equal value. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Tour's retail price will probably be $300 or more over the price deal you would get signing a contract for the World Edition BB.

06-24-09 10:47 AM
    Hmm, they are different from Sprint, which why I don't like Verizon. Sprint you return it, do a restock fee, and then buy the other phone just like you wold normally. BUT they can't stop you from returning it completely and then redoing the who procedure again at another store! I did this as the Sprint store wouldn't match Bestbuy giving the Curve $50 (Sprint wanted $150 up front, then mail in of $100, Bestbuy instant $100 off)so I returned the Rant (defective to ) and then went to Bestbuy. Only thing, changed numbers. Didn't bother me.
    06-24-09 10:51 AM
    the curve has to be way better than the voyager right?

just a couple quiick questions.

It has a standard headphone jack??(comes with headphones)??
    and the music player and pandora both work well??
    and is vz navigator on the phone?
    06-24-09 11:33 AM
    You COULD do the 30 day trail, then switch to the Tour. Maybe.....
    Sure... If you don't mind paying the difference in RETAIL cost go upgrade to the tour. You get 30 days from the time of signing your contract. You can return it anytime within 30 days for a different phone of equal value. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Tour's retail price will probably be $300 or more over the price deal you would get signing a contract for the World Edition BB.

Why would the OP be paying the retail price on the Tour? They have VIP pricing (early upgrade), so if they return the BB (Curve or 8830WE) all they should have to pay is a $35 restocking fee. But they should still get the upgrade price on the Tour.

This is assuming the Tour hits Verizon in mid-July though. If there is a delay on the Tour then the OP could get stuck with what they get. That is why I suggested they get the insurance replacement on the Voyager, which preserves their upgrade, then buy the Tour when it hits Verizon and sell the Voyager.
    06-24-09 11:35 AM
    I wouldn't burn an upgrade for a curve.
    Get one off of craigs or here, use it and make sure you even like it.
    Save the upgrade for one of the new vz berries coming out this year.
    06-24-09 11:40 AM
    lol why do silly decisions have to be so hard. I can not live without a phone and about to go to the verizon store, probably let them talk me into whatever they want. If it weren't for ATT id probably just be getting an Iphone, so maybe i can just live with the curve for a year and hope the Iphone is around then.

I am kind of against buying new phones when they first come out, because Ive had a couple bad experiences thinking it was a great new phone(like the voyager).
    06-24-09 12:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD