My Storm (the original - 9530) is having problems and I want to buy a new phone before it becomes more unusable. I really like having a large screen (the main reason I picked it over all the other Blackberrys) and I am now used to the touchscreen having never used a "real" qwerty keyboard. I have been waiting for Verizon to come out with a new storm (Storm 3 or Torch) - but can't wait anymore. Suggestions? I would even consider buying a reconditioned storm 2 and then maybe replacing whenever Verizon gets around to getting a new touchscreen BB - but really need a phone that can keep pace with the websites I use and more apps than my wimpy storm can handle. Tx
    Last edited by bb155w; 05-31-11 at 08:46 AM. Reason: typos and clarity
    05-31-11 08:43 AM
    Just did a quick ebay search and found several good Storm2's on there for between 150-200 contract free.
    05-31-11 08:49 AM
    I just got an iPhone 4 recently (I know I'm evil now) and am loving it more than I thought. I would suggest going and playing with one with an open mind. I was so anti apple anything until this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-11 10:27 AM
    Are you still looking into the BB platform? Because the X2 has a big screen and is dual-core. I almost got it but I want a 4G phone.
    05-31-11 01:33 PM
    Are you still looking into the BB platform? Because the X2 has a big screen and is dual-core. I almost got it but I want a 4G phone.
    +1 as I'm waiting on the non-binged Motorola 4G unit to be released. Noticing that the OP's main concern was internet, a 4.3 screen size Android unit would suit him/her.
    05-31-11 06:37 PM
    want to stay with Blackberry for the Enterprise connectivity with my office e-mail - otherwise I would get an I-phone
    05-31-11 09:09 PM
    want to stay with Blackberry for the Enterprise connectivity with my office e-mail - otherwise I would get an I-phone
    That's to bad. I never thought I would love an iphone but I am absolutely loving it!
    05-31-11 11:03 PM
    Bold Touch should be avilable soon, id just hold out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-11 01:08 AM
    Get a Storm 2 off contract, and then purchase a Bold Touch.
    06-01-11 02:33 AM
    How does your phone connect to your work? Do they support Exchange? You may be able to do Exchange just fine with the iPhone/Droid. Just a thought.
    06-07-11 11:56 AM
    I ended up getting a Storm 2 - on contract but very cheap. Love a full screen - so will patient wait until a "storm 3" arrives. Thanks.
    06-12-11 02:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD