How can I download microsoft word and powerpoint to my blackberry tour 9630? Can it be done? I just bought the software for my laptop, can I install same software to my blackberry?
    11-13-09 12:06 AM
    How can I download microsoft word and powerpoint to my blackberry tour 9630? Can it be done? I just bought the software for my laptop, can I install same software to my blackberry?
    I need it for my school assignments, I can go into my school website but I cant do homework through my phone
    11-13-09 12:09 AM
    You have to buy Docs To Go Premium & it will choke on a lot of documents. Your phone should have the standard, which allows you some read capabilities, but not a lot of editing.

There is a huge chasm between DtG & Office Pro Mobile - but BlackBerry can't run Office.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 12:36 AM
    Its not a very practical idea.

11-13-09 07:42 AM
    Well I don't know what your major is, but I do know that all of the papers I write for school have minimum length requirements anywhere between 12 and 40 pages. Trust me when I say, you aint gonna want to do them on your phone

11-13-09 08:31 AM
    Buy a used laptop and use Open office I agree with above, term papers and blackberry = wow sore hands and fingers....
    11-13-09 08:33 AM
    Well I don't know what your major is, but I do know that all of the papers I write for school have minimum length requirements anywhere between 12 and 40 pages. Trust me when I say, you aint gonna want to do them on your phone
    HEY! Some of my CB posts take issue with your statement!

But yes - yester18 hit it on the head - while I can see it being able to be done on some of the larger screen WM or Linux devices, I'd not recommend term papers & such on any smartphone, much less a BlackBerry. Even the ones with full Office-like features are really only intended for light editing & document creation.
    11-13-09 09:02 AM
    And he already has a laptop?!

11-13-09 09:29 AM
    Well dad, I know that you hold the crackberry record for longest post ever, at 4,286 words, but I feel that it should be stricken from the records because "Posted from my Crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com" was included in the word count

11-13-09 09:44 AM
    Well dad, I know that you hold the crackberry record for longest post ever, at 4,286 words, but I feel that it should be stricken from the records because "Posted from my Crackberry at wapforums.crackberry.com" was included in the word count

Did you actually count the words??

Typing on my old 8330 was easier on the hands as opposed to the Tour. Even still, you don't want to write entire papers from any mobile device, as already stated above.
    11-13-09 10:52 AM
    Dang and here I thought the Declaration of Independance, War and Peace, were written on a Blackberry.

Gosh I hate being gullible.
    11-13-09 11:00 AM
    Did you actually count the words??
    Actually, he undercounted by a few hundred.

11-13-09 12:53 PM
    I will disagree with most people here. I use docs to go for work all the time when I'm not in my office to edit (extensively I might add) spreadsheets and documents. It would be quite a feat to write an entire paper on a BlackBerry though.

11-13-09 02:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD