I purchased a blackberry storm at the verizon store about 2 weeks ago, but ever since fiddling with the new curve 8900, i want to drop the storm, and go with the 8900. Storm is a great phone, but im just use to a tactile keyboard, not to mention, the curve is just a much more easier phone to use.

Now i know i can bring the phone back, and exchange it within 30 days, but can i also cancel my contract within 30 days without any penalties and a refund aswell? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    03-03-09 07:58 PM
    how long have you had your service? if before 2/15 I believe the answer is yes... if after, they dropped that policy
    03-03-09 08:03 PM
    how long have you had your service? if before 2/15 I believe the answer is yes... if after, they dropped that policy
    Damn! I just missed it. I purchased the phone on 2/19.
    03-03-09 08:10 PM
    You can cancel the service within the first 30 days with no ETF.
    03-03-09 08:12 PM
    To be really honest with you, they dropped because too many are signing up, getting the storm, and deciding they dont like it...... your only options it seems are getting a different vzw bb or waiting for the Niagra to come out
    03-03-09 08:13 PM
    ok.... I was unaware of that... if this is true you will still have to pay a months service.. they quit that policy
    03-03-09 08:14 PM
    What's etf?
    03-03-09 08:15 PM
    To be really honest with you, they dropped because too many are signing up, getting the storm, and deciding they dont like it...... your only options it seems are getting a different vzw bb or waiting for the Niagra to come out
    Any word/rumor on the release date for the niagara?
    03-03-09 08:16 PM
    ETF = Early termination fee

There are a lot of rumors... but most seem to center around May ish
    03-03-09 08:18 PM
    yea was at vz kiosk today and was looking around at blackberrys (really debating if i made a good choice on the storm myself) the guy mentioned if i wanted a blackberry (didnt even know i had one) to wait cause the Bold is in testing phase right now and it shouldn't be too much longer (didn't give a date/month)
    03-03-09 08:35 PM
    ETF = Early termination fee

There are a lot of rumors... but most seem to center around May ish
    May is a good possibility due to the fact that that is when veriozn usually releases blackberries.

November 2007= pearl, May 2008= curve, November 2008= Storm..so I would guess may (every 6 months)
    03-03-09 08:39 PM
    You will pay a $35 restocking fee but yes you can cancel your contract without any other penalties.
    03-03-09 08:41 PM
    You will pay a $35 restocking fee but yes you can cancel your contract without any other penalties.
    Great. Thanks. One last question. Aside from the restocking fee, will i be refunded for the phone itself, and do i have to pay the bill for the partial month that i've used? Im a new verizon customer, and have only had the phone since the 19th of Feb.
    03-03-09 08:50 PM
    Great. Thanks. One last question. Aside from the restocking fee, will i be refunded for the phone itself, and do i have to pay the bill for the partial month that i've used? Im a new verizon customer, and have only had the phone since the 19th of Feb.
    Question number one... I dont know

Question number 2...they canned the test drive program... so .... most likely
    03-03-09 08:59 PM
    I just purchased my Storm on Friday from Verizon. I was told and it's my in service contract that I have 30 days from the time of purchase to return the phone and pay a $35 restocking fee. I was on the fence between the Bold and the Storm and thought, what the heck if I don't like the Storm I'll just be out the $30 and get the Bold. I have been a treo user since it's inception and had my doubts about the touch keyboard ,that it lacked Wifi and was a non-Windows device. But 5 days, later...return it? Heck no! This thing is freak'n bad a$$!!
    03-03-09 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD