I need some help from the Verizon CB Community here if you can. My wife has been wanting the Storm like crazy. Her Birthday is Monday and I wanted to get her one. We are currently with AT&T and of course we don't have the Storm and I really do not want to switch right now (LOVE my Bold 9700) I bought a Storm 9530 yesterday off of a customer of mine here at the car lot. I have found many places telling me how to make it work on AT&T but I still need the unlock code for the Storm. I Called AT&T and they said to call Verizon. I called Verizon and they said they could not do it, only current customers can do it. I called the person I bought it from and they do not want to call. SOOOOOOO Is my only option paying someone online to unlock it? Is there anything else I can do?
    03-12-10 10:08 AM
    i would just pay somebody online if i was you....its 20 bucks or less...saves you the hassle and you should have the unlock code in a day or 2
    search around here on crackberry some unlocker may even have a discount for crackberrry members
    03-12-10 10:11 AM
    Since you're not a Verizon customer, they are not going to give you the code to allow your phone to work on another carrier in the US.

So what I would recommend, talk to CarrierUnlock (a CB member) or go to an online resource to get an unlock code.
    03-12-10 10:11 AM
    also check out the 'pay it foreward' thread - several were being given away the other day
    03-12-10 10:14 AM
    Wouldn't there be issues with functionality of this device going forward? Would op be able to update osb without getting another unlock?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 10:31 AM
    Thanks for your advice everyone. I hit up CarrierUnlock and he helped me out. Great person and great company!!!!!!!
    03-12-10 01:06 PM
    Wouldn't there be issues with functionality of this device going forward? Would op be able to update osb without getting another unlock?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that once it's unlocked - it's unlocked for good. If you were to wipe the phone, you'd still have an unlocked phone.
    03-12-10 01:45 PM
    Yes, once unlocked...always unlocked.
    03-12-10 03:35 PM
    Thanks for your advice everyone. I hit up CarrierUnlock and he helped me out. Great person and great company!!!!!!!
    Glad to help out. I too am married and know how important it is to make the Mrs happy
    03-13-10 12:51 AM
    The Storm on AT&T? That's a match made in heaven.

03-13-10 02:40 AM
    The Storm on AT&T? That's a match made in heaven.

Yup quite easily done.
    03-13-10 10:18 AM
    Yup quite easily done.
    I was being sarcastic. Crappy phone + Crappy Network= Loads of crap.
    03-13-10 11:53 AM
    @CarrierUnlock, do I get a prize for the referal?

03-13-10 12:00 PM
    Haha I can give you a discount
    03-13-10 12:08 PM
    I was being sarcastic. Crappy phone + Crappy Network= Loads of crap.
    Funny I've never had a problem with my Storm.... Can't speak for AT&T.
    03-13-10 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD