Hi all,

The letter p on my 8330 stopped working. I visited my local VZW, and they mailed me a replacement phone.

I backed up the phone on desktop manager. If I connect the replacement phone to my pc, and restore the backup from my old phone to it, how does the old phone get shut off?

Would I need to get the broken phone shut off before doing the switch? Do I need to activate the new device with verizon?

I am comfortable with doing this, but I never did a switch with a phone that was still active.

Please point me in the right direction. THANKS!!!!
    05-13-09 09:05 PM
    New device - dial *228 Option 3.

Follow instructions & enjoy your new phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:19 PM
    thanks for quick reply... i'm going to do that on the new phone, then do switch device in dm to get all my emails, settings, contacts, pics etc... on the new phone.

is that what I should do? Also, I believe if I do it this way my bbm contacts switch over to my new pin automatically.
    05-13-09 09:24 PM
    thanks for quick reply... i'm going to do that on the new phone, then do switch device in dm to get all my emails, settings, contacts, pics etc... on the new phone.

is that what I should do? Also, I believe if I do it this way my bbm contacts switch over to my new pin automatically.
    Exactly - activate, then restore. If you backed up your third party apps, too, afterward, it should be like nothing ever happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-09 09:28 PM
    You may have to login to your email settings and change your device ( as it's related to your PIN, not your phone number ). Then resend your service books.
    05-13-09 10:53 PM
    You may have to login to your email settings and change your device ( as it's related to your PIN, not your phone number ). Then resend your service books.
    Yup.

If you are BIS just go to https ://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw. Log-in and change your device (ESN and PIN) and resend the service books. Good to go.
    05-14-09 05:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD