I have a 9530 on a Verizon MVNO and I need some service books to enjoy my Storm better then now. Currently my BIS email is still working from TMO, PIN's and BBM is also working but not sure how much longer. Since I have a MVNO I can't sign into Verizon BIS for them to be sent to me. When I first switched from TMO to the Verizon MVNO Yahoo, MySpace, AIM and all the rest of my apps worked till I updated my OS to 5.0. All my apps disappeared with the restart of the phone. They all are listed in my application list but do not show up any on my home screen or app folders? My service books are missing for all of them so I'm thinking thats why they dont show up even thou I have downloaded them like 500 times. Both from my BB browser and PC desktop manager. Can someone send me there .ipd file of their service books?
    10-16-09 05:33 AM
    I have a 9530 on a Verizon MVNO and I need some service books to enjoy my Storm better then now. Currently my BIS email is still working from TMO, PIN's and BBM is also working but not sure how much longer. Since I have a MVNO I can't sign into Verizon BIS for them to be sent to me. When I first switched from TMO to the Verizon MVNO Yahoo, MySpace, AIM and all the rest of my apps worked till I updated my OS to 5.0. All my apps disappeared with the restart of the phone. They all are listed in my application list but do not show up any on my home screen or app folders? My service books are missing for all of them so I'm thinking thats why they dont show up even thou I have downloaded them like 500 times. Both from my BB browser and PC desktop manager. Can someone send me there .ipd file of their service books?
    What is MVNO?
    But anyway... You put the 5.0 OS on there? I had the same issue with the 5.0 when I put it on my curve. All my apps including my BBM were in applications but not on the home page. I looked EVERYWHERE.
    I even deleted and reinstalled BBM and still no bueno. I even tried resending service books and it still did not take.. ( good thought though )
    I would recommend downgrading your OS back to 4.7 for the time being. I can guarentee support for whatever carrier you're on is not going to support you with 5.0 installed on your storm.
    Thats just my opinion.

For the record; I downgraded back to 4.5.0.169 for my curve because of the issue.
    If you need help ( highly doubt it ) in the downgrade process I'd be happy to help.
    10-16-09 08:11 AM
    MVNO = Mobile Virtual Network Operator aka Reseller.

I'm sure money with the carrier is less, but at some point when does one draw the line for "pain-in-the-@ss" factors?

TMO BIS email while operating on VZW network with a reseller that doesn't offer those services...I got nothing for you man. Wish I could help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 09:12 AM
    It's most likely because you're running 5.0.

Beta OS has issues on phones running on native carriers, it's gotta be 10x worse when you are talking about another carrier.

Have you tried downgrading back to the current "official" release? Might be your best bet until 5.0 is out for good.
    10-16-09 09:31 AM
    MVNO = Mobile Virtual Network Operator aka Reseller.

I'm sure money with the carrier is less, but at some point when does one draw the line for "pain-in-the-@ss" factors?

TMO BIS email while operating on VZW network with a reseller that doesn't offer those services...I got nothing for you man. Wish I could help.

You got it right MVNO = Mobile Virtual Network Operator. My reseller isn't bad at all I have no complaints cause BIS seems to work flawless. I don't know why my @tmo.blackberry.net email still works when I'm on the VZW network, even when I send a regular email from the phone it still says "sent from a T-Mobile BlackBerry"?? I really love 5.0 but I did lose my apps when I did the upgrade so I guess that's to blame. Time to wipe and reload

I will say the GSM part of the Storm is so much better then the CDMA part thou. Miss my 160+ txt messages...

10-16-09 11:51 AM
    Good luck with the reload. I know its a pain in the a$$ but you win some you lose some. I'd rather have a smooth running os with my apps on the home screen than something that could potentially blow up my berry.

Fear not though. S2 is going to have 5.0 on it.
    10-16-09 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD