I have a Blackberry 8330 on Verizon Wireless.
    I am experiencing two problems and I'd welcome some help!

1) I have outlook 2007 on my laptop. my blackberry calendar synchs with it.
    If I make an all day appointment in Outlook, it runs 12am to 12pm.
    When I synch using a cord (ie hard wired) the informaiton transfers ok.
    When i send it wirelessly (as in as in invitee) the appointment info gets messed up, and says 8pm the day before to 8pm the day of appointment.

I have checked the time and date in the computer, outlook and blackberry and they all match. All have adjust for daylight savings time too.

I have tried using my spouse's BB and same problem exists

Why does it work when hardwired but not when wireless????

2) whey does my Instant Messaging sometimes go off line for no reason? I keep having to turn my phone off then on to get back "on" . Same thing happens to my spouses phone

Thanks for your help!
    08-17-09 01:55 PM
    2) whey does my Instant Messaging sometimes go off line for no reason? I keep having to turn my phone off then on to get back "on" . Same thing happens to my spouses phone
    Katie, which I'm application(s) are you using?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 03:42 PM
    Katie, which I'm application(s) are you using?

I see your typing on your bb today

08-17-09 05:22 PM
    I see your typing on your bb today

Actually, I get the byline anytime I am using the mobile site. It isn't activated by BlackBerry.

But this one is on a Bold.

And I am still waiting for the lovely Miss Katie to tell us which app she is having trouble with.

08-17-09 06:10 PM
    Aw crud - it wasn't the byline. Now I see the I'm instead of IM.

I was busted red-handed.

08-17-09 06:11 PM
    Aw crud - it wasn't the byline. Now I see the I'm instead of IM.

I was busted red-handed.

Hahaha yep that's what I was getting ready to point out but you beat me to it

08-17-09 07:04 PM
    1. Check your default settings. Your BB calendar's default settings probably has the day starting at 8 am and not 12.
    2. This is typical of mobile instant messaging, I don't think there's a fix for that.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have checked the default settings on the BB, the computer and in Outlook and they all match as 12 am to 12pm

Oh, so that is normal? Ok then!
    08-17-09 09:08 PM

And I am still waiting for the lovely Miss Katie to tell us which app she is having trouble with.

Thank you for helping!!
    when i roll over the icon it says "Blackberry Messenger".
    Does that answer it?
    and yes i'm new to blackberries and pretty lost!! THANK YOU
    08-17-09 09:09 PM
    There are only a couple reasons BBM should disconnect - the first is you. If you purposely disconnect it, turn off your phone or leave the service area. The second is if the person you're in a conversation with does the same thing. The last reason would be if your free memory is too low.

Which BlackBerry model do you have & what does your free memory (Options/Status/File Free) look like?

08-17-09 10:01 PM
    There are only a couple reasons BBM should disconnect - the first is you. If you purposely disconnect it

How do you purposely disconnect BBM? I didn't think it was possible unless it was on BES.
    08-17-09 10:25 PM
    How do you purposely disconnect BBM? I didn't think it was possible unless it was on BES.
    You don't - but what many folks consider a disconnect is dropping the conversation.

I have three friends/family with whom I do share BBM conversations with. Two are VZW, one is AT&T & one is T-Mobile. For some odd reason, the one on T-Mobile (Pearl) drops frequently from the conversation, but the moment another message is sent to the group, she automatically rejoins the conversation. To her, she is constantly disconnecting. In reality, something on her phone or service is just dropping her - she still shows online.

08-18-09 12:47 AM
    There are only a couple reasons BBM should disconnect - the first is you. If you purposely disconnect it, turn off your phone or leave the service area. The second is if the person you're in a conversation with does the same thing. The last reason would be if your free memory is too low.

Which BlackBerry model do you have & what does your free memory (Options/Status/File Free) look like?

No, i'm not disconnecting/turning off, nor is he. Maybe service is spotty in the house or something.
    I have a BB Curve 8330, it says it has file free 38945904 bytes
    Signal is - 96 dBm.
    08-18-09 10:59 AM
    No, i'm not disconnecting/turning off, nor is he. Maybe service is spotty in the house or something.
    I have a BB Curve 8330, it says it has file free 38945904 bytes
    Signal is - 96 dBm.
    The signal strength is probably what is causing it then. Once you pass -90 to -95dBm, the signal is getting iffy. Hit -100 & you will definitely see some interruptions. Go beyond -105 & you might as well put your phone on the charger.

08-18-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD