So I have the Storm2 and Verizon. Got on the unlimited global data plan before leaving for Europe for 3 weeks. First 5 days here it worked great! Then one day it just stopped. When it was working there was a 3G icon displayed. Now there is GSM in it's place. The thing that really confuses me is that I never even changed cities (I was in Venice) in the morning it worked but by the afternoon it stopped. Now I have changed cities 3 times hoping I'd get a new service provider and regain my access but nothing

Please someone tell me there is something I can do?
    I've already tried changing the network options to 1XEV or GSM with 2G. And every other possible choice.

I have 2 weeks left. Help!

Ps. does anyone know if I call the Verizon International help number if they will charge me roaming fees?

Thanks!
    06-04-10 10:23 AM
    Moving to Verizon Forum Did you try a battery pull, or turn the connection off and then back on in manage connections?
    06-04-10 10:26 AM
    Be aware: there was a major world wide data outage yesterday. It was resolved, but there maybe some residual effects. As pk said, try the battery pull then call VZW at the 908 number. Preferably from another phone.

Also for the past few days, europe has had some issues as well.
    06-04-10 10:48 AM
    Hey my peeps...
    PK popped this quarry in a BBM group...
    Heres the international number for verizon +19085594899
    thats the 908 number Lastraid was referring to. GLobal support SHOULD have given it to you when you called in to activate your sim... but they can be flakes sometimes. :P Anyway; hope it helps...

nice way to just sweep in and make my presence or absence as it were blatantly obvious huh?

LOL
    06-04-10 11:10 AM
    but they can be flakes sometimes.
    Riiiiight and this is coming from an ex-Boise rep....
    Welcome back!
    06-04-10 11:46 AM
    I FINALLY pop in to post the info and find out it's already here! GREAT job gang! Sorry for dropping the ball! I got a little busy at the office we got 5 new PCs in yesterday and my boss wanted a new PC setup. On the plus side for me I got a new monitor out of the deal, now I'm rocking a 24 inch monitor (up from 22)
    06-04-10 01:00 PM
    Hey my peeps...
    PK popped this quarry in a BBM group...
    Heres the international number for verizon +19085594899
    thats the 908 number Lastraid was referring to. GLobal support SHOULD have given it to you when you called in to activate your sim... but they can be flakes sometimes. :P Anyway; hope it helps...

nice way to just sweep in and make my presence or absence as it were blatantly obvious huh?

LOL
    It is written on the wallet card that comes with the phone along with a calling card so you can call from a landline.
    Most users are flakes and throw it away.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-10 02:48 PM
    It is written on the wallet card that comes with the phone along with a calling card so you can call from a landline.

Well, I guess that IDSweetcheeks and pkcable did not. Maybe they're not flakes....
    06-04-10 02:54 PM

Not to mention one gets it again as a free SMS, when you arrive in most countries , but it gets deleted.
    06-04-10 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD