So my g/f bought the Storm more than a month ago... and with all the upgrades and stuff she HATES IT! It's been past the 30 days return policy. We're planning to go to the Verizon store today to discuss if she could still change her phone. She literally hates it!

Here's some info:
    -When we got the phone she had to replace it twice within a week
    -She has been a loyal customer for a long period of time
    -Received notice of failure to send UPC and other stuff for rebate when we have sent everything in

Do we have a chance for her to get a different phone like the tour or even retract her upgrade and just keep using her pearl?

Let me know what I should do? Thanks!

-Frustrated Victim of a g/f storm user
    09-29-09 03:24 PM
    So my g/f bought the Storm more than a month ago... and with all the upgrades and stuff she HATES IT! It's been past the 30 days return policy. We're planning to go to the Verizon store today to discuss if she could still change her phone. She literally hates it!

Here's some info:
    -Received notice of failure to send UPC and other stuff for rebate when we have sent everything in

Do we have a chance for her to get a different phone like the tour or even retract her upgrade and just keep using her pearl?

I would go in and tell them specifically what she doesn't like about the phone, tell them you've had to exchange it in the past, and that you never recieved your rebate. I wouldn't use the "but i've been a customer here for years" excuse because that only pisses them off. I doubt they'll let her change her upgrade but they'll definatly let her use her pearl if she still has it.
    09-29-09 03:34 PM

Here's some info:

No is the simple answer, i will leave it at that. If she hated it why did you wait until the 30 days was up? 30 days is a long time.
    09-29-09 04:26 PM
    Not to mention that there hasn't been a software upgrade in a while, that excuse doesn't hold water.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-09 04:41 PM
    Using the "loyal customer" line doesn't do anything but annoy store reps and phone reps...
    That's what a vzw rep told me anyway...

09-29-09 04:49 PM
    If she has a pearl just call in and activate it. You can activate whatever phone you want, as long as it is a verizon phone.
    09-29-09 05:07 PM
    If they exchange it, it would be an extreme exception. Under normal circumstances & per the signed agreement, sorry - no exchange for another device.

They have become extremely rigid towards out of policy exchanges, too.

And, a replacement or not - taking too long to decide you dislike a device is your fault.

09-29-09 06:15 PM
    Answer would be no... And then no... Then a few seconds of laughing in your face followed by... Welll... No.

09-29-09 07:49 PM
    Answer would be no... And then no... Then a few seconds of laughing in your face followed by... Welll... No.

Can I join you in that laughter? Because your post sure got my sides to split.

09-29-09 08:12 PM
    Sure. I get a real kick out of telling people "no." It makes my day complete.

09-29-09 08:41 PM
    So I take it this means

NO?

09-29-09 09:30 PM
    Saying no and standing your ground is fun. Its too bad I don't get to do it much at work.

09-29-09 09:30 PM
    So I take it this means

NO?

Yes it does.

09-29-09 09:32 PM
    Lmao Twins thats right dude.

09-29-09 09:42 PM
    I like the truth. NONONONONO!

09-29-09 09:56 PM
    Using the "loyal customer" line doesn't do anything but annoy store reps and phone reps...
    That's what a vzw rep told me anyway...

I don't know about annoy, but it certainly makes me laugh!
    09-30-09 09:01 AM
    If they exchange it, it would be an extreme exception. Under normal circumstances & per the signed agreement, sorry - no exchange for another device.

They have become extremely rigid towards out of policy exchanges, too.

Especially now that we have a "exchange rate multiplier" for retail sales reps. Meaning that if someone returns a phone due to anything other than manufacturer defect, it hurts our commission. So if its past the 30 days it wont happen.

I don't know about annoy, but it certainly makes me laugh!
    I love people that come in saying "i pay 200 dollars a month!" Then i refer to companies that pay 40,000 dollars or more a month and they expect less than what the customer paying 200 is asking for
    09-30-09 11:31 AM

I love people that come in saying "i pay 200 dollars a month!" Then i refer to companies that pay 40,000 dollars or more a month and they expect less than what the customer paying 200 is asking for
    So true I'm just like you know what I got a call from a certain Ivy League University and they were having trouble with an aircard... their bill is 6 digits...
    09-30-09 11:36 AM
    Can I throw another "no" into the mix or do we have enough?
    09-30-09 03:10 PM
    Uh... yeah basically if you have to say 10char whats the point of the post...
    09-30-09 03:23 PM
    Okay. So since you already know the answer is no looks like your best option is to sell the storm to recoup some money and reactivate the pearl. Or hold onto it and hope a software upgrade gets your gf to like the phone more.
    09-30-09 03:26 PM
    Uh... yeah basically if you have to say 10char whats the point of the post...
    See below.
    09-30-09 11:17 PM
    No !
    09-30-09 11:18 PM
    See you didn't have to type 10char...
    10-01-09 09:48 AM
    NO!

+10char
    10-01-09 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD