I just got a BB 8330 from my father-in-law made by Altell right before Verizon bought them out. I have an EnvTouch and can't stand it and won't to switch my number to the blackberry.

I have done some research on it but can't find anything post-2009 on this issue.

Now that Verizon completely owns Altell, will they activate my BB?
    06-06-10 09:42 AM
    If you are on an Alltel plan, you can activate an Alltel device.
    If you are on a Verizon plan, you cannot activate a Alltel device.
    06-06-10 11:24 AM
    The lady at the store told me that a Verizon number will not work for an Alltel phone yet an Altell number will work with a Verizon phone.

This makes no sense....is Verizon just giving me the run around....can it really not be done or do they want my money?
    06-06-10 12:39 PM
    It has nothing do with the number. As Motorcycle Mama said you cam not use an Alltel phone on a VZW plan. Only on an Alltel plan. So what plan do you have ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-10 02:39 PM
    Now that Verizon completely owns Altell, will they activate my BB?
    ... Actually there still are Alltel stores(for now) around they didnt buy them all out right away
    Last edited by DavidNC; 06-07-10 at 07:37 AM.
    06-07-10 07:30 AM
    I have a Verizon plan. It's the exact same phone that Verizon sales, I don't understand the problem?
    06-07-10 08:56 AM
    So you have a VZW plan? Ok. And VZW doesn't sell Alltel phones so you're wrong there. So you will not be able to add that phone to your plan because you can not put a non-VZW esn/MEID on your account.

06-07-10 10:18 AM
    I have a Verizon plan. It's the exact same phone that Verizon sales, I don't understand the problem?
    You need to get a VERIZON BRANDED device. End of story.
    06-07-10 10:20 AM
    It really doesn't seem entirely fair. All they really need to do is add the ESN/MEID to the database and then it would work. They just won't do it. Perhaps if he appealed to executive customer relations, they would work something out for him, at least give him SOME kind of special deal?

EDIT: The best way to get in touch with them is thru this web site....

PlanetFeedback: Voice of One, Power of Many
    06-07-10 11:30 AM
    Good deal on phone because he "can't stand" his enV Touch?...yes PK let's promote whining to get his way.

06-07-10 01:55 PM
    Sell your Alltel Blackberry and buy a gently used but very capable Verizon Blackberry and activate it.

OR go to the Marketplace and try to trade your Alltel Blackberry for a Verizon Blackberry.

But as everyone else said, since you switched to the Verizon plan, you're stuck with Verizon-branded devices.
    06-07-10 11:59 PM
    Sell your Alltel Blackberry and buy a gently used but very capable Verizon Blackberry and activate it.

OR go to the Marketplace and try to trade your Alltel Blackberry for a Verizon Blackberry.

But as everyone else said, since you switched to the Verizon plan, you're stuck with Verizon-branded devices.
    You know what folks are getting for Alltel Curves on Ebay right now? Not much!
    06-08-10 08:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD