07-30-09 10:22 AM
98 ... 234
tools
    So if you were the one that lost something wouldnt you want someone to try and return it to you? Its not the point if they can afford it or not they may have important contacts in that phone and you want to do nothing more than STEAL it from them and claim it as your own. You are worthless and you will get caught.
    07-28-09 04:42 PM
    Well he has been here Last edited by getthepump40 : Yesterday at 12:35 AM.

Thats his OP
    07-28-09 04:45 PM
    Regardless of carrier, the phone can never be used again.
    The PIN number is most certainly blacklisted by RIM by now, so it will never work on any carrier ever again.
    Might as well return it to its rightful owner.
    07-28-09 04:48 PM
    Glad to see that some fellow Crackberrians find this as offensive as I do. Just because you found it, does not mean it's yours nor is the right thing for you to keep it. A quick phone call to the branded provider should be sufficient to identify the owner and have it returned. I would suggest that you do not deserve this phone - not because you cannot afford it, but because you don't seem to understand the very basic level of 'right and wrong'. Here's some of the best ethics advice you'll ever receive - if you'd be comfortable with your face being on the front page of every newspaper in the country with what you've done in big bold letters as the headline, then it's probably ok. If not, then you need to find a way to make it right friend. I hope you find your way, or else get off the forum and leave this as a place where good people can help good people.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 05:12 PM
    Here's some of the best ethics advice you'll ever receive - if you'd be comfortable with your face being on the front page of every newspaper in the country with what you've done in big bold letters as the headline, then it's probably ok.
    With the way today's kids are often reared, they may not care.

It is a disgusting & sad trend.

07-28-09 06:33 PM
    With the way today's kids are often reared, they may not care.

It is a disgusting & sad trend.

Isn't that the truth!

07-28-09 10:50 PM
    Please note this thread if you plan on buying a Storm from EBay or Craigslist.... only because the guy might sell it even with a bad ESN to buy another and have extra money.

Just a heads up. Knew a friend who would do that to all phones bad ESN or not, got some bad ratings but still sold it and got away with it. He might too >.<
    07-29-09 01:23 AM
    Let's hope he wised up or gets caught scum like him make me sick.

07-29-09 02:06 AM
    If you found the phone, return it. I lost a BB and nobody returned it, which pissed me off to no end. If the phone is locked (needing a passcode to get in) and you've tried to unlock it after it's been reported lost/stolen by the original owner the phone company will send a signal to the phone and wipe out the memory and everything on it so it can never be used. And if it had been reported stolen the S/N will be registered as lost and nobody can activate that phone. This is what my carrier assured me. Not sure if VZ is the same but they probably have a similar policy. Many people with BBs may have stored some pretty sensitive info in it and would have password locked it to begin with. If they haven't then their stupid! That was one of the first things I did with my BB.
    07-29-09 02:24 AM
    I find OP's behavior beyond words, so I'll save all the technical stuff and tell you this:

Early January this year me and my wife were at the movies. After movie was over, I found a brand-new, spanking sparkling iPhone 3G. Just to give you an idea of timing, at the time we were both in our last semester, cash was thin, both of us without a job, bills, rent and finals coming, etc.

So, I picked it up, from the dialed numbers list called last three numbers, one answered and I said "I found this phone at the movies. Will stay here for another 20-30 min, then go home. If you have a way of contacting the owner, let him/her call at his/her cell to arrange a pickup.". A nice lady voice called back shortly, sounded as if she was running Told her we'll meet her by the popcorn and there she was 5min later. She offered us cash, which we declined.

A month ago my wife went to an interview, then was called for a second one with "the boss". Guess who the boss lady was? My wife told me that as soon as the door opened and the lady saw her there her reaction was instantaneous "with your resume and personality - you are hired". Interview was ~2min long.

Long story short - doing the right thing pays off, sooner or later. Be a good person and return what does not belong to you. Anything short of that is bad karma and will bite you in the *** sooner, rather than later.
    07-29-09 02:45 AM
    these threads pop up at least once a week, people act like they're shocked when it happens.
    07-29-09 03:07 AM
    that's why I wanted to ask quick I will just try to figure it out by myself

thanks anyways guys and trust me they can afford another phone golf course customers here are loaded. hey that's life people lose things everyday
    And people search for those things as soon as they know they are missing...
    07-29-09 03:29 AM
    I can't really afford this phone by my own to change it would be really nice
    You are aware that it costs more to run a Blackberry plan, right? Just save up for a few months and you can get your own. You say how you can't afford the device but they are like $100 right now. How are you going to afford the increase of the plan by at least $20 to support a data plan? Save up $30 each month and you will have one in no time.
    07-29-09 03:42 AM
    Please note this thread if you plan on buying a Storm from EBay or Craigslist.... only because the guy might sell it even with a bad ESN to buy another and have extra money.

Just a heads up. Knew a friend who would do that to all phones bad ESN or not, got some bad ratings but still sold it and got away with it. He might too >.<
    That was no "friend."

07-29-09 06:14 AM
    I hope he returned it to the owner!!
    07-29-09 09:30 PM
    im still laughing at blue and bold. man I need a new hobby, i mowed the neighbors grass today, it was his 50th birthday and all. Im waiting by the popcorn.
    07-29-09 09:58 PM
    California Penal Code 485:
    One who finds lost property under circumstances which give him knowledge of or means of inquiry as to the true owner, and who
    appropriates such property to his own use, or to the use of another person not entitled thereto, without first making reasonable and just efforts to find the owner and to restore the property to him, is guilty of theft.
    Since the retail value of a Storm (without signup incentives) is over $400, it could be charged as felony grand theft.
    07-29-09 10:04 PM
    Yeah OP just give it back its not worth a felony

07-29-09 10:45 PM
    It's all about honesty. If you would have just lied about how you got the phone in the first place, you wouldn't have caught this shizzstorm and probably even gotten help.... See what you get for being honest...
    07-29-09 10:49 PM
    yeah right, like they're going to give it back craigslist anyone? pawn shop? lowlifes.
    07-29-09 11:55 PM
    i had a crackhead bring a stolen storm into the shop 3-4 days ago and ask me to activate it..i said you know this is stolen right..he said "nah i didn't steal it i bought that thing my brada stole the dem thang" i said alright you recieved stolen property thats a crime too get out my store and leave your phone here. guess i could got the cops there but its always funny to see them run haha
    07-30-09 12:07 AM
    brada
    One of my favorite things!
    07-30-09 07:54 AM
    You can't have him arrested because you have no way of proving that he stole it. When we receive a stolen phone at the store all we do is take it and explain that it has been reported lost/stolen and that it has to be taken in. You have to be sensitive in these situations because we don't know if it was a gift or if they purchased it from someone else, and it's not necessary to embarras an existing or potential customer.

Yeah and its rough as **** telling someone that the phone their brother bought them for their b day is really a stolen phone. Who knows if the brother stole it or if the phone was stolen and sold to him. Awkward situations make my day though.
    07-30-09 10:22 AM
98 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD