07-30-09 10:22 AM
98 1234
tools
    The OP is definitely a comment on today's society..

Pathetic really. Hold on to all of your belongings with everything you got, cause it seems there are very few honest people anymore..

When I was 11 years old, I found this guy's wallet. There was almost $500 in it, which a helluva lot money when you're 11. Of course, my puny little mind started thinking of all the crap I could buy w/ that kind of dough. But even at that age, I felt conflicted. After sitting on it for 2 days, I went to my dad. He told me it was my decision to do what I want, but let me know that the money could be the guy's groceries for the month or his rent. I sat on it for another couple of days, and found the guy through the phone book.

Long story short, I gave the guy his wallet back,w/ nary a dime missing from it. The dude was very thankful, and gave me $50 as a reward. Which is still a good amount of money when your 11 years old. But more than that, the feeling I got for being honest was worth way more than 50 bucks ever could be.

To the OP, give me a call. I'll gladly put it on the negative list for ya.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:59 PM

To the OP, give me a call. I'll gladly put it on the negative list for ya.

True there was a lady whose purse I found and she had about 400 dollars... I was like 14 at the time and could have used the cash for... anything I wanted. I found her address and went to her house and she was amazed that someone would take the time out of their day(it was summer like I had anything better to do) to return this she gave me one benjamin franklin and thanked me. A lot of times its the person's personal stuff ie. social security card, Drivers license, credit cards and such that they don't want to have to replace. So to the OP please do whats right.
    07-27-09 03:07 PM
    Sure -- go ahead and post the ESN here and I'll make sure it gets activated on your Verizon #.
    07-27-09 03:28 PM
    I say **** yes! Who cares if they lost it hopefully they don't call in however and say that the phone is lost or stolen. That will lock down the esn to verizon I don't know if that will lock the phone from TMO too cuz they run off of sims but who knows...
    Times are tough, keep it. lol
    I would at least attempt to return it to the guy.
    Just sell that phone in case the guy who owns it tries to report it lost or stolen.

The OP is the worst....You are the 2nd. All you do is post nonsense and i really dont believe you have a job at the same company i work for. You have to be somewhat intelligent and most definately not a theif to work here. Read the 3 quotes...you contradict yourself 10 different times in a 4 page thread, that is only 3 things you said. Stop, just stop. D-bag.
    07-27-09 04:05 PM
    Another story..

My oldest daughter does really well in school and because of that she's afforded certain extracurricular activities. One of her favorite is to go assist the teachers over in the special education area that helps kids with severe mental or physical handicaps that prevents them from being in regular classrooms.

One of the teachers that helps these kids has a daughter in 5th grade. She entered a contest near the end of the school year and by sheer talent and happenstance happened to win. She was announced as the winner at our final PTA meeting of the year and was shocked that by winning she also received a $1000 cash prize.

She went up there and got her certificate, and received the check. Unbeknownest to everyone, including her mother, she turned around to the principal right then and there and donated the entire amount to the special education department to assist those kids w/ special needs. The entire amount.

You could hear a pin drop. Everyone was stunned. Her mother just started bawling. It was quite amazing to see this little 12-year old girl, donate more money then she's probably seen in her life to kids she barely knows.

That was frickin' awesome. And gives me hope for humanity.

07-27-09 04:16 PM
    Yeah I say return it to the guy. He may or maynot give you a reward. But doing the right thing is a reward in it's own! I tell you what I have a bb curve i'm gonna throw away contact me and I may even GIVE it to you for returning the phone! But I leave for Iraq in about a week in half so contact me soon.
    Thanks for your service. You and people like you is why we live in this great country in peace and freedom. Not to mention the kindness you showed to the OP.

As for the OP shame on you man. That just is not cool. What comes around goes around. You will get yours in the end. And from the sounds of it you already made 4 pages worth of enemies on this forum. Congrats!
    07-27-09 07:19 PM
    Nah. I say keep it. Its what Obama would want you to do. Don't listen to these guys here trying to make you feel bad. You can't afford the phone and the "rich" can afford to lose it so they should just give it to you.
    SHARE THE WEALTH!!!!

Last edited by e150gt; 07-27-09 at 08:13 PM.
    07-27-09 07:57 PM
    Another story..

...she turned around to the principal right then and there and donated the entire amount to the special education department to assist those kids w/ special needs. The entire amount.

You could hear a pin drop. Everyone was stunned. Her mother just started bawling. It was quite amazing to see this little 12-year old girl, donate more money then she's probably seen in her life to kids she barely knows.

That was frickin' awesome. And gives me hope for humanity.

Hats off to you for raising her right. What proud parents you and your wife must be. If everyone was like your daughter and not like the lame OP we wouldn't need prisons.
    07-27-09 08:43 PM
    Nah. I say keep it. Its what Obama would want you to do. Don't listen to these guys here trying to make you feel bad. You can't afford the phone and the "rich" can afford to lose it so they should just give it to you.
    SHARE THE WEALTH!!!!

LOL I choked reading this. So freakin true.
    07-27-09 08:45 PM
    SHARE THE WEALTH!!!!

I think you meant spread the wealth.
    07-27-09 11:10 PM
    I think you meant spread the wealth.
    Same difference.

07-27-09 11:44 PM
    Hats off to you for raising her right. What proud parents you and your wife must be. If everyone was like your daughter and not like the lame OP we wouldn't need prisons.
    I'm glad she volunteers a lot of her free time in school helping others like that. It does make us very proud.

She also raises money every year for the local Children's Hospital. The doctors there saved her little sister (our youngest, now 6) when she was four months old after contracting a nasty bout of RSV.

She's a great girl.. I know a lot of parents say that about their kids, lol.. But I am proud.
    07-28-09 02:13 AM
    haha yeah guys I guess not thanks though I'm just a college student that cleans up after rich guys at a golf course just thought I could get some help I can't really afford this phone by my own to change it would be really nice
    Now I know where my mother's blackberry went.

Return it, cause otherwise the phone is worthless once reported stolen.
    07-28-09 07:06 AM
    I recently received a blackberry storm for verizon i would like to know how could i change it to my own number it is previously owned i know if anyone would know what to do they would be here
    I betting this person wished the never posted this question here ,LOL now ,after reading the response. Yep shouldn't have thought you could use it though not cool.
    07-28-09 07:25 AM
    The OP is the worst....You are the 2nd. All you do is post nonsense and i really dont believe you have a job at the same company i work for. You have to be somewhat intelligent and most definately not a theif to work here. Read the 3 quotes...you contradict yourself 10 different times in a 4 page thread, that is only 3 things you said. Stop, just stop. D-bag.
    I had a change of heart reading through the thread. And surprisingly enough I've been with Verizon for about 5 months now. I'm no thief. I wouldn't steal from the company that I work for. I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that I like to throw in my 2 cents cuz I'm bored as **** on the phone all day. Sorry if you're some elitist @ss who wants everyone to fall in line and know everything about everything cuz I can tell you right now I'm pretty sh*tty with any winmo device but I can handle any aircard, and BB's aren't new to me so I try to help some people out. I don't mean to call you out but you are watching everything I post so I'm pretty sure this one won't get past you. So you stop, just stop. D-bag.
    07-28-09 07:31 AM
    I am sad that this thread is even still around. I think the OP probably got the idea after page 2.
    07-28-09 07:37 AM
    SHARE THE WEALTH!!!!

Oh please. Give me a break.
    Last edited by slinky317; 07-28-09 at 08:08 AM.
    07-28-09 08:05 AM
    Mail it to my P.O. Box-I'll activate it for you.
    07-28-09 01:37 PM
    Oh please. Give me a break.
    Somebody break this man off a piece of this Kit Kat bar

07-28-09 02:32 PM
    OP...you're a lame a**
    give the phone back to its owner. Hope you get busted!
    07-28-09 03:21 PM
    not nice at all try to find owner ...
    07-28-09 03:23 PM
    OP, let me list for you the differences between you and a common thief.

Well, that pretty much sums it up.

07-28-09 03:47 PM
    Give it to the lost and found. Believe me the tip gratitude and favors you could possibly get from this guy will prolly be more than trying to hook up this phone.
    07-28-09 03:48 PM
    nothing fishy just found a storm at work while cleaning, i would appreciate it guys but if not then i understand
    Are you KIDDING me!?!?

Are you even going to try to find the owner? Report it missing to management?

I'm sure the guy has probably called his own number trying to find the phone!

Thanks for restoring my faith in humanity!
    07-28-09 03:58 PM
    He's long gone. Dissapeared.

07-28-09 04:33 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD