Hey everyone, well I got a blackberry over ebay (and before everyone jumps on me.. the ESN IS clear! It's from a company who is going out of business, and a guy named Christ bought some of their blackberrys and sold them on ebay). I was unable to activate the blackberry on my number because they said the ESN is still tied to the Business's account. I called the guy who I got it from and he said he went and checked with them, and they said to try again on Wednesday because they are canceling out the accounts.

Well today it still didn't work, and when I called Verizon they said it's still showing as active on their line. I guess the option is to keep calling and getting status updates from the guy (Which I feel bad about because I don't want to keep pestering him about it). But is there anything I can do on my end? And how would I know if the ESN is finally available? Is it instant once they deactivate my account, or do I have to wait till the end of the payment cycle?

thanks
    02-18-09 01:44 PM
    02-18-09 02:05 PM
    is that in respeonse to how to check to see if the ESN is clear? Because I already know about this... this is how I knew the phone has not been removed from their account yet. But I'm just wondering when they cancel their account, how long will it take, and is there anyway to check besides constantly trying to register the ESN? (for example, does my phone display something?)
    02-18-09 02:09 PM
    I thought you were asking how to activate the phone, not how to check when the service has been disconnected from the phone.

The best way to see if the phone has no service tied to the ESN is to call Verizon and ask them. If they are telling you it's not available yet, all you can do is wait.
    02-18-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD