01-10-10 05:11 PM
32 12
tools
    Any on the IM clients D/L through RIM should use data. I have seen this posted in many other forums. SO this is the source of the info I am providing
    01-09-10 10:33 AM
    I have d/led my Aim and yahoo apps straight from the mobile blackberry site for each one of my bb's I've had and never saw any charges as texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 02:24 PM
    Yes I have been using Yahoo Messenger for almost 2 years without having unlimited texting on my plan and have never been charged any overages for texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 09:32 AM
    I do know, I am 110% positive that its data. YOU stop dropping the wrong info. Besides Im not talking about the 3 in one screen.
    For those with VZW Curves when they first came out, VZW blocked the native AIM application on the phone. This would force you to have to use their 3 in 1 app, incurring text messaging charges. A few revisions of AIM later, VZW Curve owners could install the native app on their phones and use data for text messaging.

But, that was before you even joined these forums.

A blast from the past.
    01-10-10 11:38 AM
    For those with VZW Curves when they first came out, VZW blocked the native AIM application on the phone. This would force you to have to use their 3 in 1 app, incurring text messaging charges. A few revisions of AIM later, VZW Curve owners could install the native app on their phones and use data for text messaging.

A blast from the past.
    Pretty much wraps that up for the confused.

3 in 1 app from VZW = texts

individual apps from RIM = Data
    01-10-10 12:56 PM

A blast from the past.
    Way to revive an old thread, you must be bored.

While I didn't join until Nov. '08, I was a long time lurker way before you joined.
    01-10-10 01:56 PM
    1. Reviving an old thread would imply posting in it and bringing it back from the dusty closet; so technically, I was just using the SEARCH function.

2. I'm not bored, I just like the creation of conflict. My post avg is only 0.34/day, unlike 2.53/day. I'm not the one with too much free time on my hands, but don't get the pink and lacy in a bunch, there's much worse out there
    01-10-10 05:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD