Hello,
    I have a quick question.

I recently joined Verizon. I bought a Droid. However, before I owned a Blackberry Bold 9700 with ATT. I really enjoyed that phone but I needed to switch to Verizon.

Verizon didn't have this phone, so I chose the Droid. I need to come back to Blackberry, and I am looking to get the Tour 2! So I will be returning the Droid before Feburary 17th (the 30th Day). That I am fine with. However, if the Tour 2 is not released by then, what can I do? I understand that you cannot return the second phone you purchase. Therefore getting the Tour 1 is out of the question as I really would like the trackpad and the tour keyboard.

I have an old RAZR phone. Could I bring that phone in when I do my Droid return and use that until the Tour 2 comes out? Will I still get the same pricing discount as I got when I started the contract? (the upgrade/new contract price, not the full price).

Thank you to all who can help,

Surf3r
    02-10-10 10:50 PM
    You should be able to return the Droid and activate the RAZR. You would be eligible for new customer pricing as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 10:52 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! Just to clarify, I'd get that pricing no matter how long I used the RAZR? For about 2-3 weeks maybe?
    02-10-10 10:55 PM
    Doesn't matter how long you use it. You'll be on a month to month contract eligible for upgrade pricing. During that time though, you would not be eligible for any employee discounts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-10 10:57 PM
    Was it a prepay phone?
    02-10-10 11:10 PM
    Was what a prepaid phone? The droid? No. And the RAZR was not either, just an old phone that I had when I used to have Verizon.
    02-11-10 01:00 AM
    Ok just checking. You should be able to activate the Razr just fine after you return the Droid. Make sure that your upgrade dates get reset. So when the T2 comes out you can get your grubby little hands on it, like me.....
    02-11-10 01:05 AM
    go for the tour 2,,but the problem is dunno when its gonna b release - -*
    02-11-10 02:01 AM
    You will be able to return the Droid. You will be able to activate the RAZR (as long as it's not on the lost/stolen list). You will be able to get the Tour 2 when it comes out. You will get the 2yr pricing on the Tour 2.

Just make sure that when returning the Droid that you keep your receipts in case you run into a rep that just wants to hassle you for no reason. It will basically be like you walked in and started the line with your own equipment.
    02-11-10 09:57 AM
    Make sure you get proof from the rep that they reset your dates (could require a manager's approval) but since it's your first device, it should just reset automatically. But again, get proof that your dates were reset.
    02-11-10 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD