Hello!

My wife & I are elegible for our NE2 right now, but I am waiting to see if anything "new" is coming out. Fund's aren't the greatest so I don't know if I could really swing a 299 or higher new BB (tour?) as I would need to be upgrading two phones.

I have been thinking about just pulling the trigger & either getting us two Storms, or two 8330's but I haven't had time to get to the store to try a device "hands on" so to speak.

Going with the Storm's it will have more memory & should be faster than the 8330's. Should be elegible for os5? With my NE2 I could get a Storm of 99.00 & I may be able to get the 2nd Storm free with the BOGO offer.

Going with the 8330's I don't have to worry about the touch screen, the units are very reliable, but it will definately be slower & is further behind the technology curve (oh pun!) as in no more os updates. I believe I could get the 8330 for free & the 2nd one for free as well (again via the BOGO offer).

What would you do? Storm? 8330? Or hold the NE2 for....who knows how long and at what price?

Thanks!

Oh please feel free to correct me on the BOGO offers in use with the NE2 if the vzw rep told me something incorrect.
    06-10-09 03:26 PM
    Take advantage of the BOGO it will most likely go away when the Tour is released and the storm is a great device. $99.99 for two is what we sell them for on NE2.
    06-10-09 03:46 PM
    If possible, allow your wife to try them out as well. I chose the Curve over the Storm because I was unable to type well on the Storm. I like the keyboard on the Curve because I'm able to type in full Qwerty mode in portrait mode. That allows me to still type with ease using one hand. Useful if I'm on my BlackBerry with a coke or sandwich in my hand. The Storm has full Qwerty mode in Landscape mode. I found it difficult to type with one hand.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 10:58 PM
    I have had both. The beautiful screen on the storm is what drew me to it. With the new update, it seems that the big problems have been resolved. There is a learning curve in regards to typing on the storm, but I have found that I type just as fast if not faster than I did on my curve. The curve is a tried and true device bit getting outdated quickly. It has been replaced on two of the four major carriers already.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 09:00 AM
    absolutely use it.
    07-13-09 09:40 AM
    I'm waiting to get a phone I want around release (S2) and get my wife the phone she wants (a non-BB that's on the shelf today, but waiting).
    07-13-09 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD