I have an upgradeable phone and I am under the 2100 family share plan which is over $200 My question is why do I not qualify for $100 instant discount/rebate
    11-15-08 05:58 PM
    I would need more information about your eligibility date, but most likely you don't qualify for NE2 pricing yet. NE2 = 20 months since your last discounted handset.
    11-15-08 06:01 PM
    I would need more information about your eligibility date, but most likely you don't qualify for NE2 pricing yet. NE2 = 20 months since your last discounted handset.
    Well that's the thing I qualify for $50 instant rebate but not the $100 that's why i was asking this question. I went to a verizon rep and I got a letter from verizon saying I could get $100 discounted.
    11-15-08 06:04 PM
    $50 might be the VIP annual upgrade. If the phone you are talking about, that is eligable is a secondary line on the account you will not get the NE2 for phone. NE2 is for the primary line only.
    11-15-08 06:09 PM
    $50 might be the VIP annual upgrade. If the phone you are talking about, that is eligable is a secondary line on the account you will not get the NE2 for phone. NE2 is for the primary line only.
    Well the upgradeable phone is the primary line and the one get discounted the other secondary line isn't discounted. I got 3 phones available for new every 2 program. My main line and 2 secondary ones. Which is why I want to know why it's only $50 and not $100
    11-15-08 06:20 PM
    Then like berry said, without being able to see the account and what is going on, I would call VZW and have a rep explain the reason. Sorry could not be more help, but not enought info to be able answer at this time.
    11-15-08 06:27 PM
    Then like berry said, without being able to see the account and what is going on, I would call VZW and have a rep explain the reason. Sorry could not be more help, but not enought info to be able answer at this time.
    It's fine thanks for trying to answer. I guess I'll just take the $50 discount. In another thread tho I read that you can tab it on your account is that true?
    11-15-08 06:49 PM
    You can place I think it is either 200 or 250 on your account.
    11-15-08 06:50 PM
    You can place I think it is either 200 or 250 on your account.
    How exactly does it work? Cause I really want the storm as my next upgrade
    11-15-08 06:54 PM
    When you order the device, just tell them to bill the account. NOt sure if a store will do this, but I know CS and telesales can
    11-15-08 06:56 PM
    When you order the device, just tell them to bill the account. NOt sure if a store will do this, but I know CS and telesales can
    hmm..I didn't know that. Where can I go to CS or telesales? And it will be billed on the next bill or how does that work? Like I honestly didn't know you can even do that so I'm wondering how it works. Cause I might take that direction
    11-15-08 07:06 PM
    Well that's the thing I qualify for $50 instant rebate but not the $100 that's why i was asking this question. I went to a verizon rep and I got a letter from verizon saying I could get $100 discounted.
    It sounds like one of 2 things is happening...

1. You are a VIP customer and you have had your current phone for at least one year, but less than $20 months which means you are eligible for an annual/early upgrade because you are the primary line and have completed 1 yr and you get $50 credit because of the VIP status of your account.

or....

2. You have done a price plan change that should have moved you to the higher tier which would normally allow you to get the $100 credit, but you haven't been on that plan long enough.

Those are my thoughts, but as was stated earlier, the account would need to be looked at to determine exaclty what is going on.
    11-15-08 07:11 PM
    It sounds like one of 2 things is happening...

1. You are a VIP customer and you have had your current phone for at least one year, but less than $20 months which means you are eligible for an annual/early upgrade because you are the primary line and have completed 1 yr and you get $50 credit because of the VIP status of your account.

or....

2. You have done a price plan change that should have moved you to the higher tier which would normally allow you to get the $100 credit, but you haven't been on that plan long enough.

Those are my thoughts, but as was stated earlier, the account would need to be looked at to determine exaclty what is going on.
    I did recently change my price plan but to a lower one.
    11-15-08 07:17 PM
    I did recently change my price plan but to a lower one.
    Hmmmm....then maybe you are falling under the first scenario that I described. When did you last upgrade your phone? Less than 20 months ago?

Now you've got ME wondering what's going on. I wish I had your cell phone number. I could look it up and see. LOL
    11-15-08 07:36 PM
    Hmmmm....then maybe you are falling under the first scenario that I described. When did you last upgrade your phone? Less than 20 months ago?

Now you've got ME wondering what's going on. I wish I had your cell phone number. I could look it up and see. LOL
    Umm..not sure when my last upgrade was up. Yeah, I'm also wondering that as well. Like what is going on and stuff
    11-15-08 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD