I called into CS today to see if they would give me an early upgrade price on the Tour. I knew that I wasn't 2 years into my current handset, but figured it was worth a try. The rep I spoke with said that I'd have to pay full retail today, but that I'm eligible to upgrade for $269.99 on 7/28, or I could wait until 1/4/2010, I could get an additional $30 NE2 credit.

I got my current BB on 11/28/07, and asked why the NE2 wasn't Nov 09. He confirmed the Nov 07 upgrade date, but said that because my last upgrade "required manager approval," I now had to wait longer than 2 years to get any special pricing again. I logged into MyVZW and confirmed that my contract end date is 11/26/09, but my NE2 countdown goes to 1/4/10.

My Nov 07 upgrade was in response to a promo mailer offering me additional savings to renew my contract, and was 20 months after my prior upgrade. I didn't realize that by taking advantage of that deal, I was pushing my NE2 out even further. Has anyone else heard of such a thing? Any tips on how to get around it?
    07-16-09 04:07 PM
    I am an employee of verizon wireless, so maybe i can help a little. basically the NE2 additional credit is earned after 20mos on a qualifying rate plan of 39.99 or higher (4mos prior to the end of ur 2yr contract). so if u last upgrade was 11/28/07 then 7/28/09 would typically be ur NE2 date. the only reason this date would have been pushed further would be because either the plan was changed (for example if u were previously a 2ndary line on a family plan) or if u were given a multifru phone in the middle of the contract (upgraded to a different model phone for warranty issues). If neither of these situations occurred, then it must be a system error and if u go into any corporate store they would be able to honor the nE2 on 7/28/09. Hope that helps
    07-16-09 04:18 PM
    I called into CS today to see if they would give me an early upgrade price on the Tour. I knew that I wasn't 2 years into my current handset, but figured it was worth a try. The rep I spoke with said that I'd have to pay full retail today, but that I'm eligible to upgrade for $269.99 on 7/28, or I could wait until 1/4/2010, I could get an additional $30 NE2 credit.

I got my current BB on 11/28/07, and asked why the NE2 wasn't Nov 09. He confirmed the Nov 07 upgrade date, but said that because my last upgrade "required manager approval," I now had to wait longer than 2 years to get any special pricing again. I logged into MyVZW and confirmed that my contract end date is 11/26/09, but my NE2 countdown goes to 1/4/10.

My Nov 07 upgrade was in response to a promo mailer offering me additional savings to renew my contract, and was 20 months after my prior upgrade. I didn't realize that by taking advantage of that deal, I was pushing my NE2 out even further. Has anyone else heard of such a thing? Any tips on how to get around it?
    If you got discounted equipment in Mov 07, then you're NE2 was extended. Per the NE2 policy, you are eligible for NE2 20 months after your last subsidized handset purchase if you did a 2 yr contract at time and are going to do another 2 yr contract at the time of the NE2 credit.
    07-16-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD