Anyone know if Verizon will let you upgrade your ne2 a few days early?
    04-28-09 11:11 AM
    Depends on your history and how you act. If you go in/call and have a good history and treat them like humans, then 95% of the time they will, I just did an upgrade 35 days before my annual upgrade date.

If you have a bad payment history or treat them like dirt, they will more than likely go tell you to pound salt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 11:59 AM
    I have don't it twice, they are great about it,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 12:59 PM
    it depends on the rep who answers the call. if you pay your bill on time in the last few months, and you're within 30 days of your NE2 date, i don't see a problem. they might charge you a $20.00 early upgrade fee, be aware.
    04-28-09 01:45 PM
    a store will not. They will not eat $100 and they will not move your date up. The call centers will do it. I have yet to see a customer turned down if their ne2 is within a month. and they wont make you pay a $20 fee or anything. annual upgrades and ne2 upgrades are completely different.
    04-29-09 12:13 AM
    It depends on how you go about it. Stores won't, but I do in my center if the customer has a good payment history and is respectful.
    04-29-09 04:50 AM
    Lets clarify a few things.

We used to do it all the time in the stores. In my opinion, what is a few weeks? I'm all for it.

However, it's not that we "won't" do it now, but rather, just about every phone offered is on a "do not discount" list, and if you are taking up to a hundred dollars off of a phone before someone's new every two date, it appears to our auditors that we are giving off a hundred dollars on a phone for no reason at all, and then the transaction becomes non compliant on our part.

There has been a huge crackdown on "discounting" phones in the store. Reps where discounting some pretty high end phones down to zero and giving them away to close sales deals. It not only became a very costly problem, but also gives the reputation that we give out phones for free to win someones business, which once you do that, and the customer becomes accustomed to it, is a nightmare.
    04-29-09 06:23 AM
    I did call a store close to me and asked if they could let me upgrade a few days early. The sales woman was very nice and explained to me that unfortunately I would have to wait for the ne2 date. I expected that, so no big deal. Just wanted to get my hands on the Storm now, rather that later! Hopefully MOnday comes around fast. This will be my first Blackberry experience, so Im really looking forward to it
    04-29-09 10:53 AM
    Anyone know if Verizon will let you upgrade your ne2 a few days early?
    With there being 2 more days left of a crappy sales month across the board go into store they'll make it happen!
    04-29-09 11:01 AM
    With there being 2 more days left of a crappy sales month across the board go into store they'll make it happen!
    No they wont. The store wont get credit for the renewal if they do the ne2 early. the ne2 date is 4 months before the contract end date. In order for a store(the individual rep and manager) to get a commission on the sale, the ne2 has to be 4 months or less. If they move the date up, that makes the sale a non-commissionable sale. No manager will do that unless you escalate and throw a scene in the store and act like you're 2 years old. Then they'll do it just to shut you up. But anybody with any ounce of respect and maturity would not act like that in public over a phone.
    04-29-09 09:55 PM
    Then they'll do it just to shut you up. But anybody with any ounce of respect and maturity would not act like that in public over a phone.
    ha ha i've witnessed that so many times. it all depends on the manager too...when people act like a di*k, some managers give that all the reason more to say no
    04-30-09 10:05 AM
    ^^^^ hahaha PORKCHOP SANDWICHES!!! Love it.

They really have been cracking down recently. I used to be able to pull them in all the time now once a month.
    04-30-09 10:22 AM
    well i guess i just have the best VZW rep ever! i will have my phone in a year and aug and my buddy said i can upgrade then. i think that is early idk. lol.
    04-30-09 11:09 AM
    well i guess i just have the best VZW rep ever! i will have my phone in a year and aug and my buddy said i can upgrade then. i think that is early idk. lol.

Upgrading early is one thing, getting your NE2 after a year, I don't think so.
    04-30-09 11:40 AM
    then what exactlly is NE2 i know it means new every two yrs, but what does that do? new what phone? for free? idk?
    04-30-09 01:11 PM
    then what exactlly is NE2 i know it means new every two yrs, but what does that do? new what phone? for free? idk?
    You get an extra credit off the purchase of your phone for fulling twenty months of service.
    04-30-09 01:58 PM
    ha ha i've witnessed that so many times. it all depends on the manager too...when people act like a di*k, some managers give that all the reason more to say no

unfortunately, you happen to work for a manager that has zero backbone and likes to sit in the back all day and crack jokes.
    05-05-09 01:27 AM
    also depends on what the stores getting if your going from one blackberry to another then my store wouldnt because we are not getting any data but if you were going from a nondata plan phone to one with a data plan a manager may do it depending on where his sed's are at.
    05-05-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD