Driving across country and was wondering if there is any place in the lower 48 where you could possible get charged roaming with data or voice with a Verizon Natiowide Select Family Share plan?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 10:03 AM
    No there is not. The only way that this might happen is if you are close to the mexico or canadian boarder areas. I have seen device that close pick up on towers there and then they do get charged for roaming.
    08-14-09 10:16 AM
    But if you never leave the country and that happens you can be credited right

08-14-09 11:10 AM
    But if you never leave the country and that happens you can be credited right

As far I as know - yes. Once I would credit and educate the customer how to set the device to home only. ANything after that I might be so inclinded to credit.

I know it pain to have set a device to home only, but if you live that close to boarder and that happens, it is the only resolution I can figure out at this time. If someone else has a fix, I am all ears.
    08-14-09 11:37 AM
    I know it pain to have set a device to home only, but if you live that close to boarder and that happens, it is the only resolution I can figure out at this time.
    Are things that bad in NM that you have to take in a boarder?

On a serious note, signals crossing the border can pose an issue in populated areas. They can be credited, but the best thing is to do as LR said & set your device to Home Only. It is only a few keystrokes and you just need to switch it when you travel away from the border, as well as when/if you return to close proximity to the border.

08-14-09 03:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD