Can bb users use the nationwide connect plans? They seem to be cheaper and offer unlimited text and unlimited email then what I am paying for 500 text messages, 450 minutes and internet for the storm. Please let me know. Thank you.

What are the Nationwide Connect Plans? Nationwide Connect Plans include Verizon Wireless' most popular services:

Unlimited IN Calling with other Verizon Wireless customers.
    Unlimited Night and Weekend minutes.
    No domestic Roaming or Long Distance charges.
    Mobile Web.
    PLUS

Unlimited messaging with anyone in the U.S on any network. At any time.
    Mobile Email.
    Unlimited Data.
    01-23-09 07:02 PM
    Since this includes mobile web, no. These plans are one step below premium that include VZNAV and VCAST, etc. Those cannot be used for BB either
    01-23-09 07:09 PM
    Can bb users use the nationwide connect plans? They seem to be cheaper and offer unlimited text and unlimited email then what I am paying for 500 text messages, 450 minutes and internet for the storm. Please let me know. Thank you.

What are the Nationwide Connect Plans? Nationwide Connect Plans include Verizon Wireless' most popular services:

Unlimited IN Calling with other Verizon Wireless customers.
    Unlimited Night and Weekend minutes.
    No domestic Roaming or Long Distance charges.
    Mobile Web.
    PLUS

Unlimited messaging with anyone in the U.S on any network. At any time.
    Mobile Email.
    Unlimited Data.
    Nope. It's for regular phones, not pda/smartphone/Blackberry's. Even some regular phones aren't supported. Check out the features of the phones you want to know about on vzw.com, see if they are connect/premium plan capable.
    01-23-09 07:09 PM
    And the primary reason you cannot use a plan like that is it is tailored to dumb phones.

Coming from me, the term 'dumb phone' is not intended in a derogatory manner, so please refrain from the email messages.

A dumb phone typically is not capable of the amount of data or web use that a smart phone can handle. Couple this with the fact that the average 'dumb phone' user typically uses phone & text first, with data as an added feature - compared with many smart phone users who will use their phones as much as 90% of the time for heavy data use.

What kind of downloads do 'dumb phone' users do? Pictures (oops, MMS used there) and ringtones (natch - most of these downloads are bought from the carrier anyway).

Go with the most basic voice plan that has the number of minutes that will cover your needs. Add $30 data plan. Toss in a text plan that is big enough for you (if needed). This gets you what you need.

And, if this is too much money, get a dumb phone.
    01-24-09 12:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD