Hey~

Glad to be here, just wondering, I will be stepping up to a BB come 10/7. I have been using the LG Voyager for a long time and before that the enV. I love their Qwerty keyboards as I have fat fingers, and the BB qwerty is smaller, yet and have looked/narrowed down my choices to 2.

The Storm

or

The Tour

now, I don't text alot with my touch screen on the voyager, as it's a PITA, but love the qwerty, (about 500 texts a month, not to mention email) problem is, I am afraid that if I go with the tour, I would dislike the small keyboard. Thoughts? Wife has a palm, and the keyboard there is even smaller, I hate that thing. Advice for a n00b? This will be for Business and pleasure, as it is my main form of communication.

Help?

Thanks in advance~

Chris Karnuth
    Nuthman~
    10-01-09 09:10 PM
    wait for storm 2.
    10-01-09 09:12 PM
    Go for the Tour... The Storm's touchscreen is very hit and miss and it's one of the main reasons ppl gripe about the Storm, if not for it sometimes slow response with some tasks
    10-01-09 09:12 PM
    Well...
    I would personally say go with the Tour. I too have big thumbs, and have no problem with the Tour keyboard. I really think it does a really good job with teh space its given...

If you really have a deep interest in the Storm, I would definitely wait until the Storm 2 comes out, which is rumored to be later in October...
    10-01-09 09:18 PM
    I hear the Storm's 2 keyboard is very accurate and better than the Storm 1... But since you like QWERTY keyboards I would have to say go with the Tour! But jus go into a VZW store and play around with the Tour see how you do on the keyboard.
    10-01-09 09:19 PM
    Tour. If you don't like texting on the Voyagers touch screen, you'll hate it on the Storm.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

10-01-09 09:20 PM
    I would say, go to a store and play with the tour for a bit and make sure you would like the keys. If not hang in there and wait for the storm 2. Then make your decision.
    10-01-09 10:13 PM
    I would say, go to a store and play with the tour for a bit and make sure you would like the keys. If not hang in there and wait for the storm 2. Then make your decision.
    Then buy a Touch Pro 2.
    10-01-09 10:17 PM
    Tour. If you don't like texting on the Voyagers touch screen, you'll hate it on the Storm.

Not a bad idea. Storms really take a bit of getting used to with the sure press screen. I will probably retire the curve for Storm 2 though.
    10-01-09 10:18 PM
    I have bigger hands and haven't had a problem typing on the Tour. Take time to play with an activated example of each phone to get an idea if you're going to like typing on them, the browser, and other features.

10-01-09 10:58 PM
    I really wish the storm or the touch whatever had a stylus...I went to the store and my bud a Vz told me that with my issue, I would hate the palm, (I do), yet love the Tour, typed a lil with very little correction needed on the tour, yet zero corrections needed on the storm, plus I will have a hundred credit (Long time cust, plus 5 lines on the account), so if I went storm, they would end up crediting me (149 - 100 Debit Card - 100 Credit = + 50 for me) vs the Tour. Leaning Tour, but what is the Storm 2? is it worth waiting for vs the Tour? I heard they were having issues with the Tour, vs they fixed the storm's issues. Correct or just n00b Banter?
    10-01-09 10:58 PM
    at the risk of REPEATING something someone else said...
    I would go with the tour if you are anxious to get something now. I would stay away from touch screens due to the "fat fingers" believe me I am the same way.
    The only way I can use my curve is by making sure I dont trim my fingernails too short. I'm a female so thats okay... LOL

I hope that wasnt restating the issue.
    10-01-09 11:28 PM
    They won't credit the difference on the hundred dollar credit. Its use it or lose it. That's what a VZW rep told me.

10-01-09 11:30 PM
    I really wish the storm or the touch whatever had a stylus...
    Touch Pro 2 has a stylus. Don't need it, but it has one.

10-01-09 11:52 PM
    They won't credit the difference on the hundred dollar credit. Its use it or lose it. That's what a VZW rep told me.

Then it's the Tour....I want the best BB I can get 4 Vzw. Plus Also to hear you folks, I think it's best to stay with qwerty, as that is what I am comfortable with, and I so do thank you folks for the feedback! I'm gonna need help getting into this "Cadillac" after driving a "Lumina" for the last 2 years! Any suggestions or links for helping a n00b with a Tour?

Nuthman~
    10-02-09 12:35 AM
    No - you've been in a Ford & are looking at moving into a Buick.

I will say this much - if you're used to a full width keyboard, like the Voyager has, you may get frustrated with the smaller keyboard.
    Same goes for the screen.

I find typing on the Tour/Curve to be doable, but not as fast as a good landscape keyboard. Typing on an iPhone is even much simpler - and I am not a touchscreen fan.

Best keyboards out there - HTC, followed by Samsung & LG.

Go into a store & play with them for awhile. Devote at least an hour or two, being considerate to fellow shoppers, of course. Send yourself some texts & try browsers.

10-02-09 01:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD