Ok... So I just downloaded it and am trying it out... I think it's kind of cool that I can view my stuff in such a streamlined fashion on my BB now, but I have one issue:

Why doesn't it ask me for the MyVerizon username and password?

I mean, I keep my phone password protected, but does this mean that if someone else on my account gets a BB and they download this, they can see the MyVerizon info I don't want them seeing? (like how much my bill is etc)

I mean, I'm all for my other lines being able to see the usage on their lines, but I don't need them knowing my bill, or changing my Friends and Family #s, or adding/deleting features, or even changing my billing address.

Then again, it might not ask me because it's validating my phone automatically as the primary number on the account, which is fine. I just was wondering if anyone is a secondary line on an account with a blackberry who has tried this new VZW app. Can you access all of those things I listed above or is it limited?
    06-25-09 03:33 PM
    It will ask you to validate information if you go to make any changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 06:26 PM
    For basic info it will ask for your billing zip code. It will ask for the primary user's last 4 digits of their social for more sensitive info.

06-26-09 12:00 AM
    I have this app and love it....from what I understand it uses your ESN/PIN number and other info from your phone to validate its yours.
    06-26-09 02:28 AM
    I downloaded this app and, unfortunately, it didn't work for me. It was really slow and didn't ever return results for anything I tried to access. I'm not sure if it's because of the OS I'm using (BB Curve 8330 4.5something or other), but it just didn't seem to work out for me.
    06-26-09 02:55 PM
    I downloaded MyVerizon and it wouldn't work. I was able to install and open it but it froze when I tried to retrieve any information from the program.
    06-26-09 10:48 PM
    I have a curve v4.5... It's bran-spankin-new so it might just not be totally de-bugged yet. Maybe try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. I also usually run a QuickPull after installing anything.
    06-27-09 03:30 PM
    whats the address of this site? i have been looking for it. Thanks.
    06-28-09 07:50 PM
    There is no site. it is a small application you need to D/L to the phone. This can be found where you get applications from your phone
    06-28-09 07:52 PM
    Did they ever get the Storm version done?
    06-28-09 09:18 PM
    Yep .
    06-28-09 09:23 PM
    Here is the OTA link for the storm version if you haven't found it already.

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad

06-29-09 04:20 AM
    whats the address of this site? i have been looking for it. Thanks.
    You can access it from the Verizon Start Page.

http://mobile.vzw.com

Last edited by cdf3; 06-29-09 at 11:45 AM.
    06-29-09 11:43 AM
    How to access My Verizon from a compatible BlackBerry:

Launch the browser
    Go to Bookmark
    Go to VZStart
    Go to GetApps
    My Verizon should be one of the first two items on the list of apps available
    The user will select My Verizon
    This will take them to the download page
    Click the Download My Verizon link
    The user will need to reboot to initialize the program
    Once the phone restarts, go to the Downloads icon on the BlackBerry main menu, and click on the new My Verizon icon
    06-29-09 06:13 PM
    It's a real nifty app, I just wish I could view the stats for all the phone on my family instead of just mine.
    06-29-09 07:56 PM
    Here is the OTA link for the storm version if you haven't found it already.

http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver...rizonStorm.jad

Muchos Gracias!
    06-29-09 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD