I have searched and searched to try to find here how to remediate the non-synchronization I am having with my 8330 curve. Nothing works. Verizon didn't help. Was on the phone with Blackberry for over an hour and then got cut off..If you think there is a post here that will solve this, please let me know. I have tried many solutions in the threads and nothing works. I am below average with all the tech savvy computer language, but can work my way thru the steps if give in detail
    06-15-09 12:39 PM
    What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? Happy to try and help, but need to know the issue first.
    06-15-09 12:40 PM
    What exactly is the issue you are experiencing? Happy to try and help, but need to know the issue first.
    I second this sentiment. What are you trying to synchronize it to?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 12:51 PM
    Trying to synchronize my curve 8330 with the desktop software, and it gives me a windows type of failure message. I am trying to synchronize my contacts and calender with the desktop software. I believe it's v 4.7 , but I am on my work laptop at the moment and can't get more specifics until I get home tonight.
    06-15-09 01:01 PM
    So are you tring to update your BlackBerry software or are you trying to sync contacts/addresses/email?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-15-09 01:04 PM
    Trying to synchronize my curve 8330 with the desktop software, and it gives me a windows type of failure message. I am trying to synchronize my contacts and calender with the desktop software. I believe it's v 4.7 , but I am on my work laptop at the moment and can't get more specifics until I get home tonight.
    With an 8330, it is recommended to use v4.6 of the DM software. For some reason, 4.7 will not play nice with the Curve.

If you are using 4.7, I would suggest uninstalling, and install 4.6. If this is not the issue, I would ask for a little more clarification on what the actual "windows type error message" is.
    06-15-09 01:12 PM
    Yes, primarily trying to sync contacts,addresses, and calender
    06-15-09 01:35 PM
    Note also the the BlackBerry Desktop Manager allows you to synchronize with OTHER data sources. It does not have a calendar/contact application itself.
    06-15-09 01:38 PM
    I can't even get that far to try and have it sync with my Outlook. It will allow me to update the version of handheld software and reload all my data, but when that's finished it locks up w/ error message saying unable to connect(i'll have to try again tonight when I get home to tell you exactly what the message says.
    06-15-09 02:19 PM
    I am going to hope and assume since you've spoken with verizon who tsfrd you to RIM that they tried making sure that your configuration was set correctly via intellisync on the DTM?
    First thing I would have tried. It will give an error more often than not with the first sync if you havent told the software to sync it to outlook.
    Have you tried other 3rd party syncs such as google sync?
    If you have gmail its a glorious application right from your device that also syncs your calender.

If all else fails I would uninstall and then reinstall the DTM via download instead of the disk.
    vzam.net/blackberry is where you can find v4.7 and it works fine with the curve as that is what I use.

If none of these solutions work for you then at that point I would point my blame finger at the computer... and I hate to do that.
    06-15-09 04:06 PM
    where do I set up the DTM to sync with Outlook? thanks, I hope this helps. maybe that's why it's giving me an error message
    06-15-09 04:54 PM
    Just my 2 cents worth, in Outlook, click on Help, then Detect and Repair. I had issues when I upgraded from 4.7 to 5 of the BBDTM. that fixed my issue.
    06-15-09 06:23 PM
    John,

thanks. I am wondering if there is some type of fatal default with my older HP tower..I'll try the Outlook detect and repair and maybe a final call to BB..then maybe will have to look for a new windows laptop..any ideas for bargains there.Tiger Direct? Costco?
    06-16-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD