My Rave....

The BlackBerry Tour 9630 is THE smartphone so many Verizon customers have been waiting for. Its full-qwerty keyboard is pure heaven to type on, the high-resolution display is simply brilliant, and the camera takes such quality photos it's almost alarming. And let's not forget Verizon's awesome network. As a communication tool and lifestyle device, both consumers and business users will appreciate the Tour's hardware and software features. It really is the traditional BlackBerry solution at its finest.

/ End Rave
    06-16-09 04:13 PM
    Damnit. I know I'm gonna end up getting a tour and bouncing back and forth between it and my Storm.
    06-16-09 04:17 PM
    Damnit. I know I'm gonna end up getting a tour and bouncing back and forth between it and my Storm.
    Me too!!!!!!!
    06-16-09 04:19 PM
    My Rave....

The BlackBerry Tour 9630 is THE smartphone so many Verizon customers have been waiting for. Its full-qwerty keyboard is pure heaven to type on, the high-resolution display is simply brilliant, and the camera takes such quality photos it's almost alarming. And let's not forget Verizon's awesome network. As a communication tool and lifestyle device, both consumers and business users will appreciate the Tour's hardware and software features. It really is the traditional BlackBerry solution at its finest.

/ End Rave
    Wrong forum Kevin, this belongs in the Tour Rant & Rave section...

oh wait.
    06-16-09 04:57 PM
    My Rave....

/ End Rave
    Hopefully those of us getting them will find out soon enough. Thanks Kevin...
    06-16-09 05:01 PM
    I believe I might even be in line for one. Oh wait I have to order online. Employees just do not have the ease of a consumer sometimes. I would even venture to guess that employees will not even be able to get at first. Will wait and see
    06-16-09 06:31 PM
    Right, we'll it like two months late.
    06-16-09 06:37 PM
    It appears as if more and more people are complaining about the Storm nowadays as compared to before the Tour and Storm 2 talks...Maybe verizon will really amp up their customer service. Glad you had a rave and not a rant on Verizons newest BB!!!!!
    06-16-09 09:40 PM
    Sounds great...Kevin if you happen to have an extra Tour just lying about, I'd be more than willing to take it off your hands. Also any word on the release date for the Tour on Verizon?
    06-16-09 09:47 PM
    It appears as if more and more people are complaining about the Storm nowadays as compared to before the Tour and Storm 2 talks...Maybe verizon will really amp up their customer service. Glad you had a rave and not a rant on Verizons newest BB!!!!!
    Maybe people are trying to get ready for the Tour release, so they're complaining now, in hopes that they can keep calling and complaining until they're ( you're ) able to get a Tour as a replacement?
    06-16-09 09:54 PM
    Maybe people are trying to get ready for the Tour release, so they're complaining now, in hopes that they can keep calling and complaining until they're ( you're ) able to get a Tour as a replacement?
    Uggghhh do we really have to start that again??
    06-16-09 10:32 PM
    Uggghhh do we really have to start that again??
    Start what? Did I miss something?
    06-16-09 10:44 PM
    Start what? Did I miss something?
    I just know theres going to be back to the huge posts and responses - this guy wants VZW to give him a free tour, this guy is going to press a lawsuit, these 20 people are going to flame him for saying that, etc... It went round and round a few weeks back, on many posts.
    06-16-09 10:56 PM
    I can't WAIT for the Tour to be released to Verizon! It's gonna replace my Curve. While I love my Curve, I had a Bold on AT&T but the network stinks in my area so I went back to Big Red and got a Curve. I'll have to pay full retail though
    06-16-09 11:23 PM
    Ugh, I had to edit my original reply as I pulled a n00b with that one, and posted a totally unrelated question to this post and it was answered in another message. I might catch on fire, so stop drop and roll. And coffee. I'm sleepy.

Anyway, I do have a question for the OP. I have had a few different blackberries over the years, and I've had the full qwerty keyboards (my former company even went to the darkside one time and went with Palm, not my cup of tea), and when the Pearl came out I was in heaven. The fact is that I'm never going to be one of those people that walks around with a bluetooth headset on my ear, so I don't use it, otherwise I'm digging around for it in my purse every time I try to answer the phone. That said, I hate holding a phonebook up to my head when I'm talking. It's exhausting and I feel ridiculous.

So... what are your thoughts on the size issue for those of us that have become accustomed to the smaller form factor of the Pearl? I'm not sure how much longer I can hold out though on a new phone. I've had the Pearl since Jan 08 and the new BB are just so much more powerful. I want that power.
    Last edited by angelalynn79; 06-17-09 at 05:49 AM.
    06-17-09 05:27 AM
    Thanks Kevin, keep up the good work!
    06-17-09 10:22 AM
    I believe I might even be in line for one. Oh wait I have to order online. Employees just do not have the ease of a consumer sometimes. I would even venture to guess that employees will not even be able to get at first. Will wait and see
    Order it THE day it is released, you can get it then. Thats what ive done in the past and had no problems!
    06-17-09 10:56 AM
    I dunno about this one. I'm considering the idea of letting it get in the customer's hands for a month so I can see any issues that come up with the device before I jump headlong into it.

After all, remember that last revolutionary blackberry that VZW pushed out in November?
    06-18-09 08:17 AM
    But this is a revolutionary new old blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 08:28 AM
    Either way, its using the same prog specs more or less as the Storm. Thats my main concern, because the hourglass of doom has been more than a headache for me in the past.
    06-18-09 11:04 AM
    Thanks for the info!
    Unfortunately I will have to continue waiting because my contract is not yet ready for renewal and I don't want to pay full retail.
    Perhaps after I see one up close, I'll change my mind.
    06-18-09 01:37 PM
    Is it 100% for sure the Tour will not include WiFi capability?
    06-18-09 04:12 PM
    Is it 100% for sure the Tour will not include WiFi capability?
    Wireless Networks

* Fully-functional World Phone that supports global roaming on 3G networks
    * Quad-Band: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE networks
    * Single-Band: 2100 MHz UMTS/HSPA networks
    * Dual-Band: 800/1900 MHz CDMA/EVDO Rev A networks
    According to the specs on BlackBerry - Tour 9630 Specs €“ Blackberry Tour Specifications no mention of wi-fi. If you do a compare with the Bold, it shows wi-fi for the bold, but not the Tour.
    06-18-09 04:56 PM
    thanks so much for the post makes me feel even better about it!
    06-18-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD