01-10-11 01:41 PM
37 12
tools
    I just logged on to pay my bill and it prompted me to update to a newer version. The newer version has a data counter on the homescreen of the BB. Keeps track of your usage. Great feature for those on the new data plans Big Red just released. Happy downloading !!!!!!! *Note I'm using OS 6 on my bold 9650*
    10-29-10 11:49 AM
    I just logged on to pay my bill and it prompted me to update to a newer version. The newer version has a data counter on the homescreen of the BB. Keeps track of your usage. Great feature for those on the new data plans Big Red just released. Happy downloading !!!!!!! *Note I'm using OS 6 on my bold 9650*
    What version? I got a prompt to update about a month ago, is this a new version?
    10-29-10 01:51 PM
    Mine "updated" also today to version 5.0.1 from 5.0.0. The only problem is that now it doesn't work. Every time I try to start it it says "new upgrade available" and wants to update to 5.0.1 again!! sigh It's an endless loop. Going to delete and try again.

Running latest OS 5 official update on a 9650.
    10-29-10 02:46 PM
    Its 5.0.1 I have noticed that it has a data counter in it. Showing you how many MB you have used to date on the current bill cycle. Works so so for me. I can't pay my billl because I get system input error message. And system resets. I deleted it and tried to download it again. And it doesn't let me. Says 907 COD error I guess its not OS 6 ready yet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-10 02:52 PM
    Its 5.0.1 I have noticed that it has a data counter in it. Showing you how many MB you have used to date on the current bill cycle. Works so so for me. I can't pay my billl because I get system input error message. And system resets. I deleted it and tried to download it again. And it doesn't let me. Says 907 COD error I guess its not OS 6 ready yet

I noticed the same error. Was hoping the update would fix it, but I still see it too.
    10-29-10 02:55 PM
    Hopefully they release the official OS6 for the Bold sooner rather than later.
    10-29-10 03:19 PM
    Nope, no notice for me. Still running 5.0.0.

10-29-10 05:13 PM
    I have it. Seems fine. Of course it doesn't tell you how often it updates or anything.

And my signal has been bouncing terribly all afternoon. Perhaps due to the usage of the network with the pushes and all....who knows......

10-29-10 05:19 PM
    Uninstalled and rebooted, 5.0.1 is available for download. Didn't see right off the difference as it looks identical to what I had, but instead of plan/payment info when it loads now it's data usage.
    10-29-10 05:32 PM
    5.0.1 is here, with the Data Counter because of the new Tiered Data plans that started today.
    10-29-10 07:20 PM
    I wish I new what the cycle was for the counter to refresh.

Is it "live", i.e., it will refresh at each MB? Or is it a daily refresh, etc.....

Just would like to know out of curiosity.....
    11-01-10 08:31 AM
    Seems you have to launch it to get it refreshed. so I have seen this past weekend.
    11-01-10 08:35 AM
    Seems you have to launch it to get it refreshed. so I have seen this past weekend.
    Yes, you have to launch the app to get it to reset. Even then it does not match what that app shows. The counter is always a couple MB off what the app says.
    11-01-10 09:08 AM
    App maybe the most up to date, vs the main site info. maybe takes time to populate over?

Not sure but decent enough for those that wish to monitor.
    11-01-10 09:21 AM
    Yes, you have to launch the app to get it to reset. Even then it does not match what that app shows. The counter is always a couple MB off what the app says.
    The app is measuring the usage in KB (at least on my page) where the counter is measuring in MB. Since there are 1024 KB per MB the numbers appear to be equal. I tested this on mine and 60333 KB from the app converted to 59.91 MB. My counter displays 59.9 MB usage (single decimal point).
    11-01-10 01:57 PM
    I have been having uncaught exceptions lately when I reboot. I upgraded to the official vzw .975 and all was swell. My Verizon updated and ok but in the last day or two I have been getting the errors. The way vzw did the app, if you go back to 5.0, it will eventually force you to the newest, right? And I use it to monitor my daughter's TXT plan/usage.

I guess I can track in more detailed fashion. Or I could just reload .975 again.

Not sure which way I want to go yet....

11-02-10 07:30 PM
    I did an ALT-LGLG to open my event log. There was one bold entry and in fact it looks like My Verizon could be causing a prob. I am going to delete and do a BP and then reinstall, etc....

11-02-10 08:54 PM
    when I go into friends and family and try to edit it...it won't let me...it does nothing...just shows you your friends and familys numbers. Is there a way to go back to the old version?
    Posted frm my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

11-02-10 11:12 PM
    IIRC, I did not have an option. I think I was forced to the new one, at least from 5.0 to 5.1. But if you went back to a 4.x version, maybe you can stay on that. But for me, that is not a good option as I like being able to monitor easily other lines on my account.

But this is Big Red we're talking about so we don't have much choice..

11-03-10 06:10 AM
    Still on 5.0.0 and I just tried to access it. Got a message stating "System Maintenance. Please try again later."
    11-03-10 07:02 AM
    I had that for a tad this morning too, but it soon went away.
    11-03-10 07:26 AM
    when I go into friends and family and try to edit it...it won't let me...it does nothing...just shows you your friends and familys numbers. Is there a way to go back to the old version?
    Posted frm my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Updated mine this afternoon and had no problem changing an F&F number. Let's see if it switches over tomorrow.

11-03-10 03:30 PM
    One of the weird quirks I have not been able to figure out with the Data Usage app is why it says "per use" on my icon, when I clearly have unlimited (BB) data and my billing correctly reflects that. No biggie, but I am curious why it is that way.....
    11-04-10 10:41 AM
    Mine says that too. But in plan details it says Unlimited BlackBerry Data.

11-07-10 05:58 AM
    Mine "updated" also today to version 5.0.1 from 5.0.0. The only problem is that now it doesn't work. Every time I try to start it it says "new upgrade available" and wants to update to 5.0.1 again!! sigh It's an endless loop. Going to delete and try again.

Running latest OS 5 official update on a 9650.
    I upgraded and every time I try to access it, I get a message saying it is down for maintenance and to try later. It is ALWAYS down now.

11-11-10 12:49 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD