The My Verizon app was updated to 4.0.8 the app itself its a little bit faster and responsive. Also there are more details when looking at usage and when the bill cycle closes. Good stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-13-10 02:43 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I wish all apps would "update" like "My Verizon":

Once you launch "My Verizon", a menu pops up notifying the user that an "update" is available and gives you the option to "update" now. Why can't all apps do this? With other apps, I can go days/weeks without knowing if an update is available.
    05-13-10 08:42 AM
    Updated. Seems about the same to me.

The most desired upgraded functionality (at least by me) that is still NOT there is the ability to look at account details for other lines on your account. Wish you could do that (and yes, I know I can do this on their website).

Oh well.
    05-14-10 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I wish all apps would "update" like "My Verizon":

Once you launch "My Verizon", a menu pops up notifying the user that an "update" is available and gives you the option to "update" now. Why can't all apps do this? With other apps, I can go days/weeks without knowing if an update is available.
    IMO best way to update, nice and easy, no need to look online or appworld.
    05-14-10 10:31 AM
    Typical. After updating, my password can't be accepted. Can Vzw update anything the right way?

05-14-10 10:40 AM
    I see nothing new with the update
    05-14-10 07:00 PM
    I updated, and now I can't manage Friends and Family list. I have to enter a password in order to enter that section of the application. Once my password is accepted all it it does is show me how many numbers I have. Now I can't manage my friends and family numbers. What's good with an application when you have to now do it from a PC. Hoping they enable this feature. If not, I may see if I can get the old version back.

05-15-10 07:05 AM
    I updated, and now I can't manage Friends and Family list. I have to enter a password in order to enter that section of the application. Once my password is accepted all it it does is show me how many numbers I have. Now I can't manage my friends and family numbers. What's good with an application when you have to now do it from a PC. Hoping they enable this feature. If not, I may see if I can get the old version back.

I do not have this issue with the update. I just scroll down to "manage list" and go from there.

05-15-10 10:08 AM
    I do not have this issue with the update. I just scroll down to "manage list" and go from there.
    Where do you see "Manage List". Like cdf3, all I see is "Current Numbers" and "Numbers Available" counts.
    Last edited by CharlesH; 05-15-10 at 06:08 PM.
    05-15-10 06:01 PM
    Here's what I see.

05-15-10 06:48 PM
    The manage list is not showing up on mine. I'm on an 8330 Curve. Does the OS of the phone makes a difference?
    I used to see it on the previous version, but it's no longer showing up for me after the update.

Last edited by cdf3; 05-15-10 at 08:59 PM.
    05-15-10 08:57 PM
    Verizon Wireless rep said they no longer allow you to make changes to your friends and family list from your headset. You have to go online via a computer to do it now. Why can't a company that specializes in mobile phones, won't allow us to make changes via a mobile application?

05-23-10 06:53 PM
    Verizon Wireless rep said they no longer allow you to make changes to your friends and family list from your headset. You have to go online via a computer to do it now. Why can't a company that specializes in mobile phones, won't allow us to make changes via a mobile application?

That's weird...I can do it on my phone.
    05-23-10 06:55 PM
    Yes. I can still do it on mine.

Seems like the people having a problem are on a Curve. Maybe that's the issue.
    05-23-10 07:03 PM
    Oh and another little thing I have noticed...you do have to be the Primary number on the account in order to be able to change the list. If not all that will happen is a recommendation is sent to the Primary number.
    05-23-10 07:09 PM
    I updated mine recently and I haven't noticed any changes. Guess I need to check it into this a bit more.
    05-23-10 10:07 PM
    I sent them an Email regarding the issue, and they called me via telephone to explain that they did away with that feature. Yet I see that others are able to manage their lists. Then they said if it does work, it's ony for those that have a single line account and not for those with family share plans like myself. It would make more sense to me if I'm able to make the changes since I'm the primary account holder.

05-23-10 11:13 PM
    As previously stated, mine works. There are also two lines on my account but I have an Alltel plan.

05-24-10 07:22 AM
    That's weird....mine works and I have a familyshare account.
    05-24-10 12:05 PM
    That's weird....mine works and I have a familyshare account.
    What kind of BlackBerry fo you have?

05-24-10 01:06 PM
    What kind of BlackBerry fo you have?

I don't have one at all. I have the Droid Incredible. I used to have the Tour and it worked on that one too though.
    05-24-10 02:49 PM
    I don't have one at all. I have the Droid Incredible. I used to have the Tour and it worked on that one too though.
    Is used to work on my 8330 Curve until they recently updated it.
    05-24-10 03:08 PM
    Is used to work on my 8330 Curve until they recently updated it.
    Since you updated it?...hmmm
    I'll check for you.
    05-24-10 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD