I was wondering if any knows if you can get your annual upgrade for My Verizon customers in a retail store or if you have to do it online only?
    12-07-08 10:28 AM
    Annual upgrade = early upgrade. You can do it anywhere.
    12-07-08 10:41 AM
    Thanks! I thought maybe because it was for customers who use the "My Verizon" online that it would only be eligible to do online. Good to know before I venture out in the snow here in upstate NY today to get a new phone!
    12-07-08 10:43 AM
    Sometimes if you get the device online through them you will receive an additional discount...
    12-07-08 10:46 AM
    Thanks! I thought maybe because it was for customers who use the "My Verizon" online that it would only be eligible to do online. Good to know before I venture out in the snow here in upstate NY today to get a new phone!
    I did my NE2 upgrade in store after checking the upgrade prices online. It was less out of pocket money in sstore as they gave me a $50 instant rebate. Online is a $50 mail in rebate card.
    12-07-08 10:55 AM
    there is often a additional price on top of that for online orders...

is there not?
    12-07-08 11:39 PM
    Difference in my neck of the woods:

Store upgrade=
    Mail in rebate
    Better discount on accessories

Online=
    Instant Rebate
    Not as good, but still discounted accessories
    12-08-08 12:30 AM
    Exactly, most online prices are with an instant rebate. Hence the price difference.
    12-08-08 12:54 AM
    online, through phone lines customer service, or direct corporate store. Don't expect to be able to do it at a reseller
    12-08-08 01:45 AM
    Difference in my neck of the woods:

Store upgrade=
    Mail in rebate
    Better discount on accessories

Online=
    Instant Rebate
    Not as good, but still discounted accessories

thats exactly how I remember it the last time I upgraded. Instant rebate is usually online, while store rebate is mail in. Although I'm sure the store location has leeway to grant u something special if they want your business. Thats probably why the other guy above got a better deal at the store. I wont be trying that at the 5th ave location in NY LOL
    12-08-08 07:31 AM
    Instant rebates don't always apply online anymore. Online has started doing mail in rebates to except on some phones that are special offers. The special offer phones are usually models that are being discontinued and VZW wants to sell them off. They changed to online mail in rebates back in October so that the online price and the store price would be similar.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:02 AM
    Verizon no longer offers instant rebates online, you will get a visa debit card like anyone else
    12-08-08 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD