06-06-09 12:43 PM
79 1234
tools
    Thank you for this thread Chrisy. But I've tried everything mentioned here, still no luck. Guess I'll try it again once they list the Storm as compatible.
    04-25-09 11:19 AM
    Thanks been looking for this.
    04-27-09 10:05 AM
    I downloaded the My Verizon App a week or so ago and couldn't get it to work-always saying it had problems connecting to the servers. Until yesterday, I was running .75 and I upgraded to .141. Now the application works fine. For those having issues, it might just be the verision of the OS you are using that causes it to not work
    05-05-09 08:03 PM
    Where do I disable the compatibility mode before I run the app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 08:39 PM
    Damnit everytime I ask question I find the answer by looking on my phone. I should learn to do that first.

05-24-09 08:43 PM
    Where do I disable the compatibility mode before I run the app?

Options>advanced options>applications> go to the app in question>blackberry button>disable compatibility mode.
    05-24-09 08:44 PM
    What we all have been waiting for, I think.

Launch Browser.
    VZStart page is displayed.
    Select My Verizon from the VZStart page.
    Download the My Verizon application.
    After download is complete, revisit the BB landing page.
    Select My Verizon icon, created first time application is downloaded.
    View/Manage your account

If this is not your home page go to mobile.vzw.com Also your emulation must be set to Blackberry in the browser settings.

Post what you think about the site
    I think it supports all there berrys accept the storm.. ;(
    05-24-09 09:07 PM
    I think it supports all there berrys accept the storm.. ;(
    I have seen some that cannot run it on a storm and some that have. Has something to so with compatibility mode I think. Also make sure all permissions are set yo allow.
    05-24-09 09:28 PM
    I have it running on my storm, the only change from the permissions that it asked me to do was to change phone to allow. Then I disabled compatibility mode and it started working.

05-24-09 09:57 PM
    I have seen some that cannot run it on a storm and some that have. Has something to so with compatibility mode I think. Also make sure all permissions are set yo allow.

the page for downloading it wont even come up.. it knows I have a storm and the link isn't even there ;(

a couple things on there do support the storm as it states things like ringtones for the blackberry storm and such
    05-24-09 10:07 PM
    the page for downloading it wont even come up.. it knows I have a storm and the link isn't even there ;(

a couple things on there do support the storm as it states things like ringtones for the blackberry storm and such
    In the post above yours it appears the user is using .148 you are on .75 this can make a difference
    05-24-09 10:11 PM
    In the post above yours it appears the user is using .148 you are on .75 this can make a difference

yupz i don't want to run a leaked os... never updated past .75 and my phone has worked well so. I guess I will just have to wait until the tour or updated os whatever comes first
    05-24-09 10:16 PM

Go to http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver.../MyVerizon.jad from your BB browser and you should be able to install it.

05-24-09 10:17 PM
    Go to http://mobile.vzw.com/download/myver.../MyVerizon.jad from your BB browser and you should be able to install it.

cool thanks downloading now at least I will be able to check it out hopefully
    05-24-09 10:39 PM
    Hope it works for you. It is really a handy app to have on the storm.

05-24-09 10:57 PM
    Hope it works for you. It is really a handy app to have on the storm.

they are probably in the process of making a storm compatible version im sure. Either way they need to make one compatible with newer os' as the tour will have almost the same os as the storm not to mention 5.0 coming out soon.
    05-24-09 11:00 PM
    they are probably in the process of making a storm compatible version im sure. Either way they need to make one compatible with newer os' as the tour will have almost the same os as the storm not to mention 5.0 coming out soon.
    They don't have to do much with it since this version works fine without compatibility mode on with the leaked betas. I noticed that they updated it to 1.0.3 but don't see anything different about it.

05-24-09 11:10 PM
    My Verizon Handset Update for BlackBerry
    As of 5/28, the BlackBerry 8130 (Pearl), 8330 (Curve) and 8830 (World Edition) devices all added My Verizon Handset functions.

These updates include:

Signing up for Friends & Family
    Managing their Friends & Family phone list
    Accessing the improved bill summary page
    Requesting bill reprints
    Completing address changes

My Verizon Handset will be coming soon to the BlackBerry Storm. Stay tuned!
    05-31-09 05:47 PM
    I cant find Myverzon either
    storms don't have it yet
    05-31-09 06:20 PM
    lastraid, any idea if this is going to work for former Alltel customers who have been transitioned to the Verizon billing system now?
    06-04-09 08:37 PM
    lastraid, any idea if this is going to work for former Alltel customers who have been transitioned to the Verizon billing system now?
    That is a great question. You can maybe try going to mobile.vzwapp.com and see if alltel converted customers can get it. I do not go back till work now till sunday, I can check then if we have details about it.
    06-04-09 09:19 PM
    Well, I loaded it on my phone back when you first posted it. It loaded fine and opens fine. But I would always get an error connecting to the server (which made sense to me when I wasn't yet on Verizon billing).

Now, I'm on Verizon billing (as of May 31) and have set up my account on the Verizon Wireless website and all my info shows up great there. But the app still doesn't connect on my Curve. Sometimes I get an error that my MDN could not be validated. (The FAQs section works.)

Just curious. No biggie. It would rock if it would work for us. No rush. I appreciate it.
    06-04-09 10:56 PM
    Might be cause of the Alltel OS. ALso check your permissions
    06-04-09 11:01 PM
    Well, I haven't had an actual "Alltel OS" on the device in forever. But it could be because of the Alltel branding.

I changed all my Application Permissions to Allow and it still says the same thing. It says "Contacting server" but then comes back with "There was an error connecting with the server." But thanks.
    06-05-09 06:37 AM
    thats not the reason...

when I first installed thats all I received was cannot contact verizon server. I have had verizon for years

I think its do to just having bad coverage because outside of my basement it connects just fine
    06-05-09 07:23 AM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD