06-06-09 12:43 PM
79 1234
tools
    Great idea. Now we just need it to work for the storm.
    04-17-09 10:13 AM
    The FAQ's on the VZW website for this application does not state it will work on the Storm. Now, this might mean that the site has not yet been updated to include the storm, or it should not work. Hard to tell at this point.
    Yeah, I just saw that it states with 8130, 8830 and 8330. I guess it's just hit or miss to actually get it to work on the Storm.
    04-17-09 10:18 AM
    Great idea. Now we just need it to work for the storm.
    I'll play around with the permissions and such tonight, and/or Irie can check his settings. We can probably figure it out, PLUS like I said VZW may be working on a Storm specific version.
    04-17-09 10:18 AM
    Works good. Suprised they don't push this as a service book to the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:21 AM
    OK i downloaded but its not for the storm alot of features you cant use like pkcable said give it time they will make a version for us.
    04-17-09 11:31 AM
    I was able to download the app using the link provided by irie, but all that happens is that I see the Can You Hear Me Now guy in front of the US. After about 20 seconds, I get a dialog box that says " Sorry, we are unable to connect to Verizon Wireless servers. Please try again after some time." I disabled compatibility mode as stated above. I chose allow to the request made when I first ran the app. Do I need to edit the permissions also?
    Same problem here. Can't access servers.

04-17-09 11:40 AM
    wow, cant believe the perfect company has something that has issues.
    04-17-09 04:18 PM
    wow, cant believe the perfect company has something that has issues.
    I can't believe people who have issues with a company would have so little to do that they go to forums for that company simply to make snide, troublemaking remarks - rather childish.

Of course, you probably blame all of your user errors on the carrier or software provider.

Hey gang - this does not work on Storm yet - if you're trying it, forget it.

It downloads well on the listed devices. Upon install, you must allow it to access your phone info. If you deny this or have security settings blocking this, allow it, change the settings or forget it.

My account has been security protected for years, but needed no such info for this app. I just got off the phone with CS & the security passwords are still intact, yet didn't need to enter ZIP, password or my phone number. So I tried blocking the app from my phone info & then got requests for more info that I couldn't get past. Allow it again and all worked perfectly.

User error can make toothpicks fail.

04-17-09 05:08 PM
    One other thing - your phone info has to match and it appears that it must be a line with account management control. No sub-lines, no $9.99 family lines.

I just tried it on one of the kids' phones and it wouldn't work - but she is not the account manager.

04-17-09 05:17 PM
    Thanks for the up date - I installed and did all allow and it works fine for me, although have not tried to change anything yet. Has never asked me for any info to get in and see account info
    04-17-09 05:26 PM
    I'm glad they finally came up with an option like this. I've been waiting for this type of access since I got my phone a year and a half ago.
    Thanks for the info

04-17-09 08:55 PM
    I can't believe people who have issues with a company would have so little to do that they go to forums for that company simply to make snide, troublemaking remarks - rather childish.

Of course, you probably blame all of your user errors on the carrier or software provider.

Hey gang - this does not work on Storm yet - if you're trying it, forget it.

It downloads well on the listed devices. Upon install, you must allow it to access your phone info. If you deny this or have security settings blocking this, allow it, change the settings or forget it.

My account has been security protected for years, but needed no such info for this app. I just got off the phone with CS & the security passwords are still intact, yet didn't need to enter ZIP, password or my phone number. So I tried blocking the app from my phone info & then got requests for more info that I couldn't get past. Allow it again and all worked perfectly.

User error can make toothpicks fail.

Have you tried to make payment or add features to account without it asking you for your pin?
    Last edited by irie; 04-17-09 at 10:40 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    04-17-09 10:39 PM
    Billing Password error is now fixed. I now have access to change feats and make payment. For the record I am using a STORM and have had no issues with the app other than password which is now fixed. I just made a payment to account using app and this was done successfully.
    04-17-09 10:49 PM
    Billing Password error is now fixed. I now have access to change feats and make payment. For the record I am using a STORM and have had no issues with the app other than password which is now fixed. I just made a payment to account using app and this was done successfully.
    Care to share what was done to fix your password issue?
    04-17-09 11:02 PM
    Wow. Looks like a pretty big app don't ya think?

566 Kb? FU VZW
    04-17-09 11:57 PM
    Care to share what was done to fix your password issue?
    I honestly don't think it was of my doing. Maybe VZW found the glitch. I thought it was the length of my PW and changed it to 5 numbers earlier in the day. That didn't help anything. All of a sudden I decided to give it one more shot and I saw that it worked.

04-18-09 12:00 AM

566 Kb? FU VZW
    For an app that allows you to do so much thru their billing system the size seem pretty reasonable to me.

04-18-09 12:02 AM

566 Kb? FU VZW
    But can be useful, if you have that much CACA on your device that it cannot handle this app remove it and do things the traditional way. the computer, check the stats on your device by dialing #pmt, #bal, #min, or #data. Oh yes you can call in and have a rep check, but you can a bit if we are busy, or go to store. Why you can even write a check and help support our postal service.

Oh yes if you like to change a price plan or feature, then you will need a computer. Hey if your traveling and see you may go over minutes? see my point? Yes at that point you D/L that 566kb program fix it and remove it again. YES! another option.

Yes sir, you have lots of other options to accomplish the same thing
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-18-09 at 09:05 AM.
    04-18-09 09:03 AM
    I am still having password issues. Anything that requires my billing password (4 numbers) it comes back with an invalid format error

04-19-09 03:05 AM
    You might need to VZW then, Not sure what is causing this except user error, and I do not think you are one to do that. Might have them reset the password and see if that helps
    04-19-09 06:15 PM
    Thanks for this much needed.
    04-24-09 04:08 PM
    this was way helpful! i love learning new things about my blackberry... the possibilities are truely endless!!!
    04-24-09 04:29 PM
    I was also having trouble getting my PIN to work when it asks for the billing password. My PIN has been 4 digits for years and this field is set to a value of 5. After some failed attempts, I input my 4 digit pin and then used the Space key for the 5th. Worked perfectly and I was able to pay my bill from my phone.

BTW, I have a Storm and it works fine with compat mode disabled.
    04-24-09 07:29 PM
    I was also having trouble getting my PIN to work when it asks for the billing password. My PIN has been 4 digits for years and this field is set to a value of 5. After some failed attempts, I input my 4 digit pin and then used the Space key for the 5th. Worked perfectly and I was able to pay my bill from my phone.

BTW, I have a Storm and it works fine with compat mode disabled.
    Great Info. thanks for the update
    04-24-09 09:16 PM
    thank you this will help..... 1 more reason not to have to call c/s for some reason.
    04-24-09 09:37 PM
79 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD