So. Just did a battery pull (habit not really needed) and after restart I noticed a new icon for My Verizon on my storm home page.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 03:46 AM
    That is called being pushed to your device. Your carrier will push certain icons to your device of programs they feel it's important for you to have. Usually it's just an icon that you can use to easily download the actual program. MyVerizon is an app that lets you check your balance, minutes, data usage, etc, VERY handy.

I am going to move this thread to the Verizon Forum.
    10-29-09 07:41 AM
    Indeed. No you cannot delete it, as it is not an application on the device untill you download the actual program. You can hide if you want or download load it because as pk said. Very Handy.
    10-29-09 07:48 AM
    very VERY handy. I just wish I could have song ID like you stormers gots.
    I miss that very so much.
    10-29-09 08:12 AM
    has a Verizon user. you should also have noticed about 2 months ago when you did a battery pull 2 new icons showed up "Slacker Radio" and "VZW Tones" the same story goes for them. if you don't want to use them you can just hide them or move them into a folder and then hide them so that you don't see them. Verizon has a tendency to 'push' alot of programs.
    10-29-09 08:19 AM
    has a Verizon user. you should also have noticed about 2 months ago when you did a battery pull 2 new icons showed up "Slacker Radio" and "VZW Tones" the same story goes for them. if you don't want to use them you can just hide them or move them into a folder and then hide them so that you don't see them. Verizon has a tendency to 'push' alot of programs.
    Thats 3 programs? "a lot"
    10-29-09 08:20 AM
    Thats 3 programs? "a lot"
    Of course it is - they are catching up with the other carriers who load their phones up out of the box!
    10-29-09 08:45 AM
    Of course it is - they are catching up with the other carriers who load their phones up out of the box!
    Words have been taken out of my mouth lol
    10-29-09 10:04 AM
    I hid slacker and use Pandora, BUT Slacker ain't bad, maybe on my Storm 2 with all the extra mem I can use BOTH! Verizon ain't TOO bad at the app push and besides it's REAL easy to hid the ones you don't want.
    10-29-09 12:28 PM
    I don't like that you can't delete them.

Reminds me of AOL, back in the day, on my computer. If you ever deleted the AOL icon from the desktop, it would automatically replace it. If you ever renamed the icon to anything other than "America Online 5.0" or whatever it was, it would rename the icon back to what it wanted it to be.

I hate when companies force their greed down my throat.
    11-03-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD