10-21-09 12:37 PM
43 12
tools
    I'm logged on to my verizon account and I'm trying to add Tethering to my plan...but I don't see an option for it. Do I actually have to go into a verizon store and add it there?
    10-20-09 09:24 AM
    It should say "mobile broadband". If you still don't see it, you can call cs or a store, no need to walk into the store for it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 09:36 AM
    How much does it cost? And when you tether is there a limit or is it unlimited...also will it be easy to tether with my Mac?
    10-20-09 09:38 AM
    sorry for double post.
    10-20-09 09:38 AM
    If you pay $29.99 for email and web, its $30. Otherwise, its $15 if you pay for corporate mail.

10-20-09 09:43 AM
    Yea well I checked on my verizon again and couldn't find anything. boooooo thats stupid.

Do you know anything about tether between macs or limits??
    10-20-09 09:45 AM
    Go to VZAccess Manager for the correct software for Mac.

10-20-09 09:46 AM
    Tethering & smartphone = $59.99 & this includes BIS or BES.

5GB tethering limit, but still unlimited smartphone data.

Shouldn't be a problem with a Mac.

Mobile broadband is standalone. You may or may not have tethering available through MyVerizon - it depends on your account.

The limit is 5GB monthly.

Thought for the day: if WiFi was so great & omnipresent, why would anyone need tethering?

10-20-09 09:49 AM
    Hmmm 5GB...I could probably run through that fast and make it my b*tch at the same time. Shoot...idk what I'm gonna do about internet.

VZW is offering that interent thing now...idk what its called...does that have a limit?
    10-20-09 09:49 AM
    If you mean a pc card/MiFi, yes, same limit.

10-20-09 09:53 AM
    Yea I was talking about the pc card/MiFi. UGH why do the providers have to limit that ish?! That drives me crazy!!
    10-20-09 09:54 AM
    Anything over that is too much for the network too support. If every user used over their 5 GB it would slow it down.

10-20-09 09:56 AM
    Because people like you hog all the bandwidth.

10-20-09 09:57 AM
    Ohhh Ok...I never thought about that...I guess I need to look into an actuall internet provider. Have any that you could recomend? I just need wireless.

Because people like you hog all the bandwidth.

Thanks for your useless input negative nancy.
    10-20-09 09:57 AM
    What are you going to be doing to push you over 5GB?

10-20-09 10:05 AM
    Well doesn't playing vids, downloading music, watching unnamed videos take up a lot of space?
    10-20-09 10:15 AM
    Well doesn't playing vids, downloading music, watching unnamed videos take up a lot of space?
    We don't want to know...

They can take space, but that isn't the point - the 5GB is a bandwidth limit, which is different than a capacity limit.

Still, those things require a lot of bandwidth.
    10-20-09 10:20 AM
    We don't want to know...

They can take space, but that isn't the point - the 5GB is a bandwidth limit, which is different than a capacity limit.

Still, those things require a lot of bandwidth.
    What requires a lot of bandwidth? My unnamed videos? I'm talking about streaming those unnamed videos...I don't download them. I only download music.
    10-20-09 10:26 AM
    If you don't do it too often 5GB might be enough for you. I use wifi whenever I can so that I don't push my limit.

10-20-09 10:32 AM
    I'd suggest trying it for a month, in some areas its free for a month right now. Monitor your usage, which the software does for you, and then you'll see if its right for you.

10-20-09 10:33 AM
    If you don't do it too often 5GB might be enough for you. I use wifi whenever I can so that I don't push my limit.

Yea well I watch vids like everyday on youtube/whatever else, but I only download music a couple times a month.
    &Well see that is the problem I was using my neighbors WiFi and now there is something funky going on and it won't let me log on. The password and everything is right, but idk. I think we are gonna try and reboot his whole system and try it again. I'd really rather not have to pay for any internet when my neighbor lets me use his.
    10-20-09 10:35 AM
    Nice neighbor.

10-20-09 12:15 PM
    Very nice neighbor...but I guess I'm gonna try and do the tethering or get the Mifi. They are both the same price...either way I'll be getting a discount.
    10-20-09 12:29 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD