My wife and I got new phones on the 5th of this month after being out of contract for about two years. I like not having a contract, BTW. This is my first time with a smartphone, and all my wife wants is something for calling; we both got what we wanted.

My Tour suffered from the "loose door" syndrome, but everything else seemed okay. After reading the forums here and applying my own fix (white electrical tape on the inside cover), the battery door no longer moved, but there was a considerable gap to contend with. I called Verizon customer service, who suggested I return the phone before the 30 day window of opportunity was up.

I did that very thing yesterday. I drove to the store where we purchased the phones in order to pay our bill, and the young lady and I began talking about the my phone issues. I told her what customer service told me, and it wasn't long before she had a new phone out of the box and began the process of copying my information to the new device.

The new phone doesn't have the door issue, and really feels sturdier. The trackball is working well, too. What a great phone. I'm certainly impressed with the local phone store and Verizon in general. Verizon is still way too expensive, though.

I'm a happy camper now. There's a lot for me to learn, but I am learning.
    Last edited by Pastor Ron; 08-27-09 at 12:56 PM.
    08-27-09 06:55 AM
    Its great to read stories from satisfied people. All too many are from people that wouldn't be happy with a free Tour and a million bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:50 AM
    Its great to read stories from satisfied people. All too many are from people that wouldn't be happy with a free Tour and a million bucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'd take that deal.
    08-27-09 09:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD