When I get mt new phone I should be able to use it on any line on my account correct? But I couldn't give it to a friend cause it is locked to my acct correct? If so, how can I unlock the en v touch?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-03-10 07:51 PM
    It's locked to your acct and the old one is expected to be returned. If you give it to your friend and not return the old one, you will be charged full retail for the clnr.
    07-03-10 11:51 PM
    if i return the old one and in 2 months give it to my friend is that an issue?
    07-03-10 11:58 PM
    As long as you return the old one, you can swap the new one to a friends account if you want to. You may need to activate it first on your line, but that also may not be needed. I have had split luck with that.

But as stated above, failure to return the original device will result in your account being charged full retail of the device and they will most likely kill one of the PIN's.
    07-04-10 12:24 AM
    Dang. Def sending the crappy on back! Lol

07-04-10 11:17 AM
    vzw sent me a new bold in box for my tour replacement, I activated it for about 5 minutes then it went right on ebay. You will have no problems giving it to a friend afteryou activate it.
    07-04-10 01:05 PM
    vzw sent me a new bold in box for my tour replacement, I activated it for about 5 minutes then it went right on ebay. You will have no problems giving it to a friend afteryou activate it.
    Well then you can use that money to pay off the $489 charge (plus tax) you're going to recieve on one of your upcoming bills.

This is horrible advice, do not listen to this person.
    07-04-10 02:52 PM
    Well then you can use that money to pay off the $489 charge (plus tax) you're going to recieve on one of your upcoming bills.

If you send back your old device, you are more then welcome to sell / trade your new device. It is the device you own, so why would there be any issues with doing this?
    07-04-10 02:53 PM
    I had gotten a 4th replacement for my Tour and needed a phone immediately. It would not work The trackball was stuck I got the Curve 8530 on my internet line
    I received my replacement and sent back the defective device. I did sell my replacement. I had thought keeping it as a back up but I decided to sell it.
    You can do whatever you want with your replacement. But you have to return the defective device or you will be charged for it. I wasn't about to have more issues with the trackball.
    07-04-10 04:05 PM
    If you send back your old device, you are more then welcome to sell / trade your new device. It is the device you own, so why would there be any issues with doing this?
    He said nothing about sending back the Tour, just selling the Bold on ebay.
    07-04-10 04:11 PM
    Dang. Def sending the crappy on back! Lol

He said nothing about sending back the Tour, just selling the Bold on ebay.
    He definitely did state it. Either way, we are all on the same page, the original needs to be sent back!
    07-04-10 04:15 PM
    He definitely did state it. Either way, we are all on the same page, the original needs to be sent back!

The post that he is referring to, the guy did not say he was returning the Tour. He was right, if you got the bold, sold it and kept the tour active he will be charged the full retail price.
    07-05-10 10:22 AM

Sent the POS tour back, I never stated whether I sent my old phone back or not, why would you automatically think I didn't?

Horrible advice? NO WAY I pocketed 425 on this deal.
    07-05-10 10:26 AM
    Sent the POS tour back, I never stated whether I sent my old phone back or not, why would you automatically think I didn't?

Horrible advice? NO WAY I pocketed 425 on this deal.
    You pocketed 425 but now you have no phone? Since you are presumably still under contract you wont be coming out too far ahead. Too much hassle to make like what? 100 bucks? After you buy a new phone or pay a termination fee or whatever the case is.
    07-05-10 10:57 AM
    You pocketed 425 but now you have no phone? Since you are presumably still under contract you wont be coming out too far ahead. Too much hassle to make like what? 100 bucks? After you buy a new phone or pay a termination fee or whatever the case is.
    I have no idea why people post with ZERO facts. Wrong again, I activated an old phone for 2 weeks, will get my new droid X for 200$ in case giving me a 225$ profit.

Hassle? Took me 5 minutes to put it on ebay, ok it was a pain to drive another 5 minutes to the post office I must admit. About 2 minutes on the phone with verizon to activate my old phone.

12 minutes for 225? your right was not worth it at all.
    07-05-10 11:06 AM
    I have no idea why people post with ZERO facts. Wrong again, I activated an old phone for 2 weeks, will get my new droid X for 200$ in case giving me a 225$ profit.

Hassle? Took me 5 minutes to put it on ebay, ok it was a pain to drive another 5 minutes to the post office I must admit. About 2 minutes on the phone with verizon to activate my old phone.

12 minutes for 225? your right was not worth it at all.

Wasnt posting with 0 fact. The Tour launched on July 12 2009. Its possible you got it the day it launched. If thats the case, depending on your plan you can possibly be eligible to upgrade July 12th with your annual upgrade. If not, you wont get a the droid X for 200(after the mail in rebate + 20 dollar early upgrade fee.)
    07-05-10 11:27 AM
    Wasnt posting with 0 fact. The Tour launched on July 12 2009. Its possible you got it the day it launched. If thats the case, depending on your plan you can possibly be eligible to upgrade July 12th with your annual upgrade. If not, you wont get a the droid X for 200(after the mail in rebate + 20 dollar early upgrade fee.)
    Phone is available for 200 w/out mail in rebate from best buy, upgrade will be eligible by the 15th.

Yes 0 fact, all assumed wrong info.
    07-05-10 11:33 AM
    I totally understand why some of the people that used to post on here often with good info have left. I didnt post with any attitude and i wasnt being a smartass. So many trolls just want to start crap on here now-a-days.

Cool, its an instant rebate at best buy. If Best Buy did annual upgrades you would be able to get it for 200, sadly they dont. That means you wont be able to upgrade at best buy(unless you have another line on your account that has met the 20 month mark)
    07-05-10 11:47 AM
    I totally understand why some of the people that used to post on here often with good info have left. I didnt post with any attitude and i wasnt being a smartass. So many trolls just want to start crap on here now-a-days.

Cool, its an instant rebate at best buy. If Best Buy did annual upgrades you would be able to get it for 200, sadly they dont. That means you wont be able to upgrade at best buy(unless you have another line on your account that has met the 20 month mark)

They probably stopped posting because certain people.. *wink* *wink* are posting about things they know nothing about.

Off to bbq have fun
    07-05-10 11:54 AM
    They probably stopped posting because certain people.. *wink* *wink* are posting about things they know nothing about.

Off to bbq have fun

Nope, i gave the scenarios where you may be eligible to get the new phone. I know the policies and the conditions, i work here. You on the other hand sound like you dont. No need to get your panties in a bunch, if you are misinformed or just dont know, there is no shame in that.
    07-05-10 12:13 PM
    Nope, i gave the scenarios where you may be eligible to get the new phone. I know the policies and the conditions, i work here. You on the other hand sound like you dont. No need to get your panties in a bunch, if you are misinformed or just dont know, there is no shame in that.
    You changed the entire topic of this post, it was about you jumping to conclusions about how I sold my phone or was going to get another. Wrong on both counts.

Back to topic, YES you can give away your new replacement phone without any issues.
    07-05-10 12:43 PM
    You changed the entire topic of this post, it was about you jumping to conclusions about how I sold my phone or was going to get another. Wrong on both counts.

Back to topic, YES you can give away your new replacement phone without any issues.
    Nope, i was just posting in reply to someone else who posted and then also posted supporting information.
    07-05-10 02:13 PM
    haha. YES! i will send the old one back..ive got money. but not that much! lol.
    07-05-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD