... don't worry, I'll be down soon.

Anyway, I'm doing VEDIF (Vlog Every Day In February) and for lack of better content, I just posted a video about the Verizon iPhone 4, and all the people saying

"It's f**ked because you can't do voice and data"

I'm sorry, but I think if you're on the phone with me (especially if YOU called ME) and you're not paying attention to the conversation because you're busy on twitter or something; you simply must be the rudest person I know.

The video is a little bit rant-y, but I feel that it's something people need to take into consideration. Everybody wants it, but they don't think "What will the person I'm calling think of me because I can't pay attention to them for five minutes?"

^^^Video, watch if you want. Just wanted to know if anyone thought of this the way I did.

EDIT: No, not trying to get views. Just wanted to know if people had the same opinion. You can gather what I think perfectly fine from this post.
    Last edited by RobotSongBird; 02-08-11 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Felt it sounded like I just posted to get views on a YouTube video, not the motivation at all.
    02-08-11 08:53 PM
    People who think voice and data simultaneously is a big deal are jealous of big red.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-11 11:02 PM
    all i can say is i love my iPhone with my verizon and your right if your on the phone with me and your surfing the web your not paying attention to our conversation and i'll hang up on them, rudeeeee
    02-09-11 11:09 PM
    If you have a WiFi connection voice and date are available at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-11 11:35 PM
    Someone who wants to use voice and data simultaneously is not necessarily someone who is not paying attention to you.

Example:

On the phone with a friend. You are planning on meeting at "the RESTAURANT near SOMEPLACE". You need the address and you would like to give it to your friend while still on the call.

In this case, voice/data together is important.

But this is NOT something that would keep ME from getting a Verizon iPhone.

That being said, I love my Bold 9650.
    02-10-11 07:48 AM
    ^^^this, but you know how many times a situation similiar to the above has happened to me personally in the last year. ZERO! If it should happen to me, I would say I'll hang up and send you a text message.

I can imagine for some small amount of the populace this is a deal breaker, but not for me. (Actually for those people consisting of a small amount of the populace, the smallest things imo, will always be deal breakers)
    1812dave likes this.
    02-10-11 08:46 AM
    Someone who wants to use voice and data simultaneously is not necessarily someone who is not paying attention to you.

Example:

On the phone with a friend. You are planning on meeting at "the RESTAURANT near SOMEPLACE". You need the address and you would like to give it to your friend while still on the call.

In this case, voice/data together is important.

But this is NOT something that would keep ME from getting a Verizon iPhone.

That being said, I love my Bold 9650.
    I see your point, but I'd like to point out that being on the phone with someone and using the internet to plan with that person is different than being on Facebook/Twitter/whathaveyou

Also, most of the time I'm planning something I've either got my laptop or GPS (points of interest) with me.

Again, good point; but not the type of usage I was talking about
    02-10-11 12:38 PM
    I'm right there with you. When I announced my intent to get the ViP (to no one's surprise, really), all my friends kept bringing up the lack of simultaneous voice/data. What in the world is the big deal about this feature??? I've never been in a situation where I would need it. Maybe if you have it and are losing it, it might be an inconvenience. But to me, the fact that this is actually a negative in some people's eyes is baffling.

While we're soap boxing, can I get a mini-rant in also about the other negative mentioned quite a bit - the fact that the iP 5 will most likely be coming in June. Yes, I know it's coming. Yes, I know I'll be locked into a contract and will have to pay FRP. Yes, I know my phone is almost a year old, tech-wise. I. don't. CARE! I knew what I was buying, and I am perfectly happy with my new phone. Unless iP 5 is LTE, which I highly doubt, I'll be perfectly happy staying put with what I have.
    02-10-11 06:05 PM
    .....Unless iP 5 is LTE, which I highly doubt, I'll be perfectly happy staying put with what I have.
    I doubt you'll see the iP5 on Verizon in June when it probably comes to AT&T. I'll bet money it will be out in the early Fall and it will be LTE. You know Verizon is pushing hard to get an LTE model now to really put the screws to AT&T.

I could careless that I can't use voice and data at the same time.
    02-10-11 08:15 PM
    I see your point, but I'd like to point out that being on the phone with someone and using the internet to plan with that person is different than being on Facebook/Twitter/whathaveyou
    Agreed 100% there.

The only time I can see voice & data at the same time worthwhile is if you're on a business/important call and someone says "I just e-mailed xx to you, did you get it?" You won't know until after the call.

But guess what? If it didn't come through, you call back and re-check the e-mail address!

Personally, I'd rather have a network who's voice and data worked all the time just independently, rather than a network who's voice and data were sketchy but simultaneous.
    02-13-11 11:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD