05-27-09 09:21 PM
28 12
tools
    So you think there will always be the big 4?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

really I have no clue. I just think that the government currently doesn't even like having just apple and microsoft in the pc industry...

if you were to compare it the same way..

I mean truthfully. Sprint is not doing that bad... I mean yes they aren't where they were but there not doing horrid and t-mobile is gaining customers...

Its hard to say.

I think a previous poster stated that Sprint purchases tower space from verizon so if thats the case then verizon doesn't want them gone
    05-27-09 09:05 PM
    Wow that's incredible. Why doesn't Sprint expand? Its seems like over the long haul that would save them money, especially with VZ going lte and sprint wimax. What are they going to do when VZ shuts down there cdma. ( I know that will probably be awhile) but surely they need to think ahead now
    Oh they are - they are trying to put up WiMAX to do just that. Problem is, they don't have the capital or the backing to get the coverage out there for WiMAX. I recently saw a report that mentioned if Sprint were to roll out WiMAX at a third the rate of VZW's plans for LTE, they would be bankrupt in six months.

So what are they doing now? They are implementing it in areas they already have towers, at a rate much slower than VZW. Then again, VZW has it easier - far more towers and most are an easy plugin to offer LTE. Sprint may have a slight head start, but the reality of it is that, if plans remain as they are today, VZW will have 10-12X the 4G coverage as Sprint does by late 2010 or early 2011.

I see a forced convergence of LTE & WiMAX sometime down the road.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 09:14 PM
    I agree that LTE and WiMAX will end up either joining or LTE beating out WiMAX. Excuse me for not being up on WiMAX technologies but are they even compatible with the LTE technology. I can imagine this being bad for Sprint if they are already building a WiMAX network and if LTE becomies the major 4G technology.
    05-27-09 09:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD