05-27-09 09:21 PM
28 12
tools
    Just seems to me that all the companies are stepping up their
    advertising. Especially Sprint touting their 4g network.
    Maybe it seems that way because I am watching the playoff
    games and u get bombarded with advertisements.
    I don't know in my minds seems to be competition is heating
    up. Would love to hear some takes. Just a fun thread....
    05-26-09 11:12 AM
    I'm all for having a good ol price war between all the carriers.

Looks to me like the competition is going to be more in the phones area. There is a lot of phones that are going to be released this summer/fall.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 12:55 PM
    I havent noticed any Sprint 4G commercials and I receive Portland channels (Portland having WIMAX) out here on the coast. I too have been watching all the playoff games and I have seen a boatload of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon commercials.

That AT&T commercial with the hot chick is driving me nuts. In fact Ive made up my own lyrics;

"When you were a young child you fell quite hard on your head, Yes I think its possible you fell quite hard on your head." I sing it with a Scottish accent
    05-26-09 01:54 PM
    I havent noticed any Sprint 4G commercials and I receive Portland channels (Portland having WIMAX) out here on the coast. I too have been watching all the playoff games and I have seen a boatload of T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon commercials.

That AT&T commercial with the hot chick is driving me nuts. In fact Ive made up my own lyrics;

"When you were a young child you fell quite hard on your head, Yes I think its possible you fell quite hard on your head." I sing it with a Scottish accent
    U get the phone u get the chick. As far as Sprint the end their commercial spot with 4g I kid u not
    05-26-09 02:47 PM
    I'm all for having a good ol price war between all the carriers.

Looks to me like the competition is going to be more in the phones area. There is a lot of phones that are going to be released this summer/fall.

I am all for a price war......
    If only AT&T and VZW would really go at it. Forget friends and family and roll over...........
    Lets see some real fightin. But they are really in cahoots.
    Could u imagine what would happen to Sprint if AT&T & VZW
    did an all inclusive everything for $99.00 buhbye Sprint.
    05-26-09 02:50 PM
    I think that they need it now more then ever do to people not really spending money like they did last year at this time..

price cuts are always a good thing so who knows..

Typically you see price cuts on phones before service though.
    05-26-09 03:25 PM
    I think that they need it now more then ever do to people not really spending money like they did last year at this time..

price cuts are always a good thing so who knows..

Typically you see price cuts on phones before service though.
    They'll subsidise the phone to get the contracts. Which is where they
    make their money....
    Sprint would be gone if the big two had a price war
    05-26-09 04:39 PM
    Sprint would be gone if the big two had a price war
    I dunno bout that. If it was that simple why don't they do it then? 50 million customers up for grabs would be worth if that's all it would take.

05-26-09 04:45 PM
    I dunno bout that. If it was that simple why don't they do it then? 50 million customers up for grabs would be worth if that's all it would take.

U know it baffles me...................
    05-26-09 04:48 PM
    I have noticed all the commercials. Especially AT&T. They have a commercial during every break and they sponsor every half time show and you see their logo at every sporting event.

But no price cuts. We are getting robbed with the text messaging plans. I don't even want to begin talking about the data plans. Robbery!
    05-26-09 05:01 PM
    I have noticed all the commercials. Especially AT&T. They have a commercial during every break and they sponsor every half time show and you see their logo at every sporting event.

But no price cuts. We are getting robbed with the text messaging plans. I don't even want to begin talking about the data plans. Robbery!
    Yeah they both get u one way or another. Sprint has the prices; as well as T-mobile.
    Go figure; and we know why we stay with the big boys.
    As for me VZW has treated me pretty good I cannot complain.
    Yeah AT&T just floods the airwaves.
    Not only sporting events; but everything.
    05-26-09 07:47 PM
    I have also noticed all the new commercials. I think Sprints are cool now, much better than the old ones.

Cell phones are overtaking and snuffing out landlines. Over the last 3 years, in Ohio landlines have lost 1 million customers a year to just cell phones. I am not at work, but cell service only is on the rise across the country.

I have even noticed AT&T going towards Cell and DSL and not having to have a home phone line to get DSL.
    05-26-09 08:23 PM
    Good tho hear that so it isn't my imagination. I am glad someone else seems to be noticing it as well.
    Sprints adds are impressive
    05-26-09 08:33 PM
    Verizon does not want to bury sprint. It's kind of like Microsoft donating money to apple to keep them alive. If sprint dies, the government gets mad and when the government gets mad companies get split up.
    05-26-09 08:36 PM
    Verizon does not want to bury sprint. It's kind of like Microsoft donating money to apple to keep them alive. If sprint dies, the government gets mad and when the government gets mad companies get split up.
    ROFL....
    Yeah I guess u are right I quite never heard it put that way.......
    Can u say monoply
    05-26-09 08:57 PM

Yupz I guess this is a good way to look at it. Truthfully its good to have 3 company's battling or more of course..

for the consumer anyway its a better thing.
    05-26-09 09:09 PM
    Ive seen a few different versions of the Sprints now network a ton

and many of the bogo verizon commericials on a lot of channels
    05-26-09 10:57 PM
    [And can we talk about all the phones AT&T is releasing? Ri-diculous! ...but it's true. Everywhere you look, there's cell phone ads. Turn on the TV, the radio..surf the web. AT&T this and Verizon that...etc etc I'm a little tired of being bombarded with it. I already commit 40hrs every week to corporation. Just give me a break.

QUOTE=sprke81;2649236]I'm all for having a good ol price war between all the carriers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com[/QUOTE]
    05-26-09 11:08 PM
    Ok again good not my imagination....
    05-26-09 11:24 PM
    They need to charge what they do for text messaging so they can pay their advertising bills!

05-27-09 07:07 PM
    Sprint pays something like half of their revenue to VZW in roaming agreements, don't they? Isn't Sprint VZW's biggest customer?

Imagine that - all that revenue, without having to deal with maintaining the customers, assuming the typically higher credit risk of Sprint customers, servicing warranty claims or dealing with credits. All for unused excess network capacity.

Never doom your biggest customer when you can throttle their speed & bandwidth & they'll never know the difference anyway.

Posted from my Non-SprintBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:07 PM
    They need to charge what they do for text messaging so they can pay their advertising bills!
    Truer words have not been spoken today.

Posted from my you know what at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 07:10 PM
    Sprint pays something like half of their revenue to VZW in roaming agreements, don't they? Isn't Sprint VZW's biggest customer?

Imagine that - all that revenue, without having to deal with maintaining the customers, assuming the typically higher credit risk of Sprint customers, servicing warranty claims or dealing with credits. All for unused excess network capacity.

Never doom your biggest customer when you can throttle their speed & bandwidth & they'll never know the difference anyway.

Posted from my Non-SprintBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow that's incredible. Why doesn't Sprint expand? Its seems like over the long haul that would save them money, especially with VZ going lte and sprint wimax. What are they going to do when VZ shuts down there cdma. ( I know that will probably be awhile) but surely they need to think ahead now

05-27-09 07:33 PM

because the government wouldn't allow it to happen and verizon or at&t wouldn't like it if it did
    05-27-09 07:42 PM
    because the government wouldn't allow it to happen and verizon or at&t wouldn't like it if it did
    So you think there will always be the big 4?

05-27-09 07:54 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD